Mouse cursor/pointer missing

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt find in the manual an actual screenshot key on the keyboard so I tried a basic print screen. If this makes any sence I think the pointer may be on a diffrent layer as all I seem to see is blank screen and pointer trails. If this helps I do use pointer trails for normal windows stuff or I loose my mouse. I'd turn them off but I wont be able to start up the game.Sorry about t his but I cant show you what it looks like to me in game because its comeongo ut so diffrently in the screenshot.

Which flavor of windows are you on ? Go to control panel, under mouse, you will see a place for hardware acceleration, play with that setting... (sorry, i dont have a windows computer around atm, i am on Linux)

Vista.and i've got the silly thing so I can see it i'm not shure how much I can cahnge it but i'll have a go at it. Seome others with vision p5roblems mightm be haveint he ame problems.

Kk, just let me know when you will have tested it, if it is not the problem, i will look at other things with you :)

I'm having the same problem my mouse pointer vanishes and I can't get it back. It shows up for a little bit and then goes poof. I'm using an Logitech mouse and the logitech software that goes with it. Any suggestions outside of using windowed mode?And I'm sorry if someone else posted a solution I'm doing a search on mouse pointer to try to find a solution. Oh this is the enhanced edition patched to 1.4I also look in the Logitech set point and set the mouse acceleration to none it was set to low. My video drivers are up to date with the current Nvidia 177 drivers. I just ran the game and the same thing happened. I will try it in windowed mode and see what happens.I ended up turning off game detection in the set point and the seemed to have worked.Prometheus4d

i have bought the game, the box set.i have installed the enhanced edition dvd.i have played the game and the problem is there is no mouse cursor its frustrating to access the items in the inventory and others such as the options menu, and everything else.please help,

dethchaser said:
i have bought the game, the box set.i have installed the enhanced edition dvd.i have played the game and the problem is there is no mouse cursor its frustrating to access the items in the inventory and others such as the options menu, and everything else.please help,
any special mouse software? put everything on default in the control panel -> mouse

Hey, just got a brand new laptop 2 days ago and I bought The Witcher yesterday, less than 7 hours ago... I have a very nice, pretty high-end laptop and I was wondering if anyone could help me adjust it to the ideal specs to enable me to run The Witcher at it best! If so, I will give the system specs to help in adjusting it. Also, I started the game up and from the very beginning, after the intro CG before the main menu, I have this odd, invisible mouse icon problem (It made navigating the menus a nightmare, but I made it through, I'm stubborn! XD). So, figuring it was a glitch, I started the game and watched the intro where Geralt enters the stronghold. I'm watching the fight in the distance and then I notice that I still cannot see my mouse pointer... Is this a common glitch or a software error with my copy of the game? I have the Enhanced Edition incase that helps anyone figure out how to help me. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

GlassParagon said:
Hey, just got a brand new laptop 2 days ago and I bought The Witcher yesterday, less than 7 hours ago... I have a very nice, pretty high-end laptop and I was wondering if anyone could help me adjust it to the ideal specs to enable me to run The Witcher at it best!
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )about the mouse, do you have any special mouse features on? like trails and such? do set up all the mouse settings to their default ones in the Mouse settings in Control Panelturning off game detection in the Logitech SetPoint application ( if you have that installed )

I recently encountered the following , having installed the update i saw that the mouse cursor ingame became invisible, i can no longer see it unless i draw it onto something which can be used in any way (killed, talked to etc), when cursor in over such target it starts to blinks thus revealing itself , this happens only in fullscreen mode. I am not sure if its an error or thats just me being retarded , but its a considerable discomfort when you play the game. I would be very grateful if someone could provide a soution or a link which would offer one, thanks in advance.

I recently encountered the following , having installed the update i saw that the mouse cursor ingame became invisible, i can no longer see it unless i draw it onto something which can be used in any way (killed, talked to etc), when cursor in over such target it starts to blinks thus revealing itself , this happens only in fullscreen mode. I am not sure if its an error or thats just me being retarded , but its a considerable discomfort when you play the game. I would be very grateful if someone could provide a soution or a link which would offer one, thanks in advance.
do set the mouse settings to default in the Windows Control Panel and do disable and quit any mouse application

i got the game not to long ago and i have no mouse courser at all.on the main menu for example, i can click on the load game button and options and they get highlighted when i mouse over them, but there is no representation of the mouse. i only know were it is when something get highlighted.also, i found when i play the poker dice mini-game i can roll and bet but not click on the dice themselves, so i cant re-roll dice i have to use the same ones for the both rounds.any help or suggestions?and i re-installed the game and it didn't help and restarted my computer.also, i installed it on another computer and it had the cursor.so does it mean my computer is bad?all other game work fine though all have cursors

witchernuub said:
i got the game not to long ago and i have no mouse courser at all.on the main menu for example, i can click on the load game button and options and they get highlighted when i mouse over them, but there is no representation of the mouse. i only know were it is when something get highlighted.also, i found when i play the poker dice mini-game i can roll and bet but not click on the dice themselves, so i cant re-roll dice i have to use the same ones for the both rounds.any help or suggestions?and i re-installed the game and it didn't help and restarted my computer.also, i installed it on another computer and it had the cursor.so does it mean my computer is bad?all other game work fine though all have cursors
go to Control panel -> Mouse and put everything on Default, disable pointer precisionany mouse application running ?

I was playing this game for about half an hour before I had to leave and do something. Only expecting to be gone for a few minutes I decided to pause the game instead of creating a save game and what not. I ended up being idle for about a half hour. When I returned to the game I unpaused the game in ran for about a minute then "stopped responding". I went to restart the game and when I get to the main menu the cursor isnt visible but it is highlighting the Load game option. Moving the mouse doesnt un-highlight the load game option. the mouse isnt frozen because it lets me click on the load game option but then it doesnt highlight anything. Thats all the it lets me do. I've read the other topics and from reading them I have reset all of the mouse options to default in the control panel. Its a PnP dell mouse and that has not fixed the problem. all the other solutions involved clicking on the options menu and I cant get my mouse to do that. The game is running on a Vista home Premium 32bit OS with a AMD Dual Core 6000+ and a Nvidia Geforce 8600GT Both well over recomended minimums and 2 Gigs of RAM. It is the enhanced edition directors cut through steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom