Mouse or Gamepad on PC?

+

Would you rather use a gamepad to play cyberpunk on pc?

• Yes, gamepad ftw!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No, keyboard and mouse all the way!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I would use a gamepad If i had one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's try each one and see what suits the game better...

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Both, if possible.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I'm really curious to know which one you guys think is a better option to play a perfect blend of RPG and FPS.

I use keyboard and mouse, but I don't mind trying out a gamepad. Steam controller looks like an interesting option.

Some games can be easier to play with a gamepad (like Maldita Castilla). But most are fine with keyboard and mouse and in fact it gives you more precision.

Both, but definitely driving/walking with a gamepad. Thing is i play on a laptop, thing can get very hot at times. So it's nice to switch at times.

I'll stick with a gamepad as driving is a bother with k+m and I've never really gotten into switching back and forth in the middle of gameplay.

Guest 4375874

Depends on the game

Top Down/ strategy/turn-based RPG's traditionally demand Keyboard + Mouse
Action Adventure based RPG's I'd go more for Gamepad

If it's for Cyberpunk 2077....I'm going Gamepad

Rhyzur

Forum regular
I play with both whenever I can, but especially if I plan on playing all day. It is nice being able to change positions and kind of lean back with a controller for a bit. I definitely play worse with a controller, but I just do side stuff that doesn't matter.

I still don't know if I will use my ps4 copy.
If I decide to play it on Stadia, until I get the free chromecast I will play on my laptop (linked to a bigger screen), so I guess I will try both ways and then decide.
Depends on how it feels, how much you have to shoot and how well the assisted aim is implemented, if it's there. I generally prefer to play with a gamepad so I can sit more comfortable. But this time we'll see.

Also I found that playing on Stadia on pc lets you change your input method seamlessly (as many games played locally on PC do). You can use a gamepad and start using mouse and keyboard and then go back to the gamepad whenever you want, without pausing the game or touching settings and stuff.

using a keyboard for any sort of driving game is kinda boring and outdated IMO... sure it can work but it does not feel right and youre over simplifying the gameplay, especially with how well-made driving games are these days (unless youre speedrunning lol)

mouse is usually easier for aiming in fast-paced shooters or strategy games, but this is a single player RPG with some non-competitive shooting, so I think using mouse/keyboard might make things a little stale here... if Im playing a competitive-multiplayer game then I hunch over my m/k cause its more accurate/direct, but with story-driven games I prefer sitting back and relaxing with a controller even if aiming isn't as perfectly accurate all the time (cause pulling a trigger is just more fun)

same goes for screen size: playing solo/story driven games? want to show it to friends? then go for a larger screen and sit back... playing competitive-multiplayer and/or streaming? then do not use a big screen so you can sit closer... its a matter of comfort versus efficiency, and I chose the PC version of CP77 since I can bring my laptop to a friends house and plug it into any size TV with ease! so a wireless controller seems best since I dont plan on speedrunning and wont want to reach for a keyboard

also, Im really hoping the devs add support for new PS5 dualsense triggers with haptic-feedback... I know a lot of people complain about haptic feedback being counter-intuitive or distracting, but I think it would be fun for non-competitive single player games like this one (obviously I would never use one in competitive games) but this is the perfect game for haptic-feedback triggers lol

either way, Im sure it will be simple enough to switch back and forth between my mouse and controllers whenever I feel like it

Last edited:
Top Bottom