movement and aiming with controller issues

+
Hi,

I like navigating the world with an analog controller ideally.
Last night I found myself trying to use both. - mouse and controller as the sensitivity with the controller is not balanced.
I'll play with the sensitivity some more tonight, but I was just spraying everywhere and could not aim properly using the analog last night.

My question is, - Why re-invent the wheel? there are plenty of games that seem to use standardized movement controls on analog PC controllers and they feel fine.
Did you code your own controls from scratch? if yes, Why? - are the standardized movement controls of other games patented?

I don't like using WASD - Some things I like analog - walking, walking slow, general movement and camera actions like looking around with camera aiming.
some things I like a keyboard for, usually for shortcut actions. - toggle type things. accessing menus etc..

It feels a bit clunky at the moment. I will definitely have to spend some time working on it as the "snap" to target was not working last night.
Nothing snapped at all. even if I had them selected.

I think it could be balanced if the following was done -

Go into the "Show Advanced Options" in the Controls Menu, and then set the turning bonus to 0. Hope this helps!

Go into the "Show Advanced Options" in the Controls Menu, and then set the turning bonus to 0. Hope this helps!
Oh thanks!! I'll give that a try as soon as I get home. I've been at work all day just dying to go home and play some more.

Top Bottom