Movement controls feel sluggish - any fix?

+
After playing about 3 hours, I think I came to the conclusion it's the animations. Combat feels fluid, but turning Geralt around to loot something takes a bit longer than necessary in my opinion. Or when you stand and start to run, it feels like it takes him a bit too long to get going.

I might be wrong though, sort of got used to it, but it would be nice if movement was a bit more responsive

Yes, THIS.
On horseback, this is even more noticeable as your horse takes a good few seconds to actually start moving. Very annoying.

hello, can you please implement a locked 30fps on xbox one also. the unlocked 30-40 fps with the framepacing being all over the place produces an experience which is tiresome. it is just easier for us players and more preferable if you would lock the fps at 30 just like the ps4 to have a better experience. thank you

---------- Updated at 09:33 AM ----------

hello, can you please implement a locked 30fps on xbox one also. the unlocked 30-40 fps with the framepacing being all over the place produces an experience which is tiresome. it is just easier for us players and more preferable if you would lock the fps at 30 just like the ps4 to have a better experience. thank you

Yes I am playing on PS4 and imprecise walking controls are one of my only complaints. Interacting with objects (be it loot, horse, NPCs, etc) is a bit of a pain and is something that needs to be addressed as it's what we'll be doing more often .

Those are the only complains I have with the game too. And I think riding and especially fighting on a horse is kinda imprecise.

It feels like gerald is on ice-skates or something play with a 360 controller, in the witcher 1 and 2 gerald was far more solid while moving, this is a bit weird, also its pretty enoying when u play on hard mode when u fight humans, monsters, the delay can be sometimes tricky to master.

After playing about 3 hours, I think I came to the conclusion it's the animations. Combat feels fluid, but turning Geralt around to loot something takes a bit longer than necessary in my opinion. Or when you stand and start to run, it feels like it takes him a bit too long to get going.

I might be wrong though, sort of got used to it, but it would be nice if movement was a bit more responsive

This +1

Agree with this topic. But i also noticed a VERY annoying thing last time when i was fighting a bear in the very first area. There NO visual indicator when you get hit. Except seeing your life going down. No animation, no screen effect, just NOTHING. Its very disturbing.
Also, for somes enemy its sometime really hard to see their "hit" animation that's really not "clear" and directly understable. Like the bear we was doing a quick move with his head, and in fact he was biting me, when for me, it just looked like a random movement animation.
And since there is no indicator / animation to tell you, you are hit... for somes moment i wasnt even understanding how i was loosing heal..

That's also a very annoying part for the fight part in that game.

Agree with this topic. But i also noticed a VERY annoying thing last time when i was fighting a bear in the very first area. There NO visual indicator when you get hit. Except seeing your life going down. No animation, no screen effect, just NOTHING. Its very disturbing.
Also, for somes enemy its sometime really hard to see their "hit" animation that's really not "clear" and directly understable. Like the bear we was doing a quick move with his head, and in fact he was biting me, when for me, it just looked like a random movement animation.
And since there is no indicator / animation to tell you, you are hit... for somes moment i wasnt even understanding how i was loosing heal..

That's also a very annoying part for the fight part in that game.
That sounds more like a bug? I'm pretty sure Geralt staggers and flinches every time he gets hit, sometimes even gets stunned (big hit?).

Has anyone tried to set max pre rendered frames to 1? on Nvidia/AMD control panel.
It helped me with the input delay and with some stutter I was experiencing in some towns, and seems overall more fluid.

From another thread:

"To increase the responsiveness of in-game movement when using a controller, go to "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\platform\pc", open the "platformgameplay.ini" file with a text editor and find the "LeftStickSensitivity" variable, located at the top. This setting is defaulted to "0.7", but change it to "1.0" for more responsive analog movement!

Many thanks go to Asmodean778 for this tweak!"

Maybe there is a similar setting in there for KB+Mouse movement sensitivity/delay.

I use mouse and keyboard. I did try this and it is better now. Thanks!

I use mouse and keyboard. I did try this and it is better now. Thanks!

Thank you very much for testing this and reporting back! I will test it myself and if I find it useful for mouse+keyboard as well, I will update the OP in the dedicated thread as soon as possible! Have a blast playing the game now! :D

Top Bottom