Movement delay with Geralt in v4.0.0

+
Issue involves a delay of approximately 1 second when pressing a movement key/left joystick with Geralt on foot. This seems to be most easily reproducible when Geralt stops fully moving or is already at a standstill; and then pressing WASD or the left Joystick to get the 1 second delay to happen.

A YouTube video I've come across that demonstrates the issue:

I've encountered this on Steam with both keyboard+mouse and controller, but multiple people have reported on Steam and CDPR forums on the consoles as well.

Issue occurs both with the initial v4.0.0 release, and after both of the PC hotfixes (December 19th, 22nd)

Gonna chime in and say all of my friends and I are experiencing this too. Quite annoying and ruining the experience of the game (especially for some of my friends who recently got the game and are doing a first playthrough). Really hope this is fixed asap.

Issue involves a delay of approximately 1 second when pressing a movement key/left joystick with Geralt on foot. This seems to be most easily reproducible when Geralt stops fully moving or is already at a standstill; and then pressing WASD or the left Joystick to get the 1 second delay to happen.

A YouTube video I've come across that demonstrates the issue:

I've encountered this on Steam with both keyboard+mouse and controller, but multiple people have reported on Steam and CDPR forums on the consoles as well.

Issue occurs both with the initial v4.0.0 release, and after both of the PC hotfixes (December 19th, 22nd)
And here I thought it was just my controller acting wonky, lol. Yes, I have noticed this issue as well.

Same here. I'm using PS5 controller on PC. There is no issue any other games. 1 second delay is very annoying. I can't play, please fix it.

same issue with ps4 controller
timing is key to trigger this issue. as the video shows theres about a full second delay after stopping moving for 1-2 seconds and then walking again

I almost wrote new post about this but now i see someone already posted so i would just add that i hope to see it fixed. Movement in combat is delayed and on ps5 on 60fps that is anoying. I always play this game on death march with enemy upscaling ( the one and only way to play this game if you want real exp as a wicher ) but its frustrating when you die because button input delayed and instead of doging you end up dying like a bitch...so please fix it so i dont have to reload my game that often.

I've noticed same delay issue too and depending on the situation it can be very annoying.

I'm experiencing a similar lag on PC. It's not a frame rate issue I think because my RTX 4080 is cranking out 130 fps, but I'm still getting lag on the movement keys. In combat it feels like Geralt's feet are stuck in the mud and he just stands there and gets clobbered. Not fun.

Having the same problem. Its annoying in fighting and walking around the map.
Problem happens with keyboard and controller..
controller tested in other games, works perfect.

Top Bottom