Movies are just a black screen.

+
Movies are just a black screen.

Yes, very odd bug, but when I start the game, the bik movie files are just a black screen, and only the audio plays.If I load them up in an external bik player they work just fine, but in-game they are no good.

DaMongoose said:
Yes, very odd bug, but when I start the game, the bik movie files are just a black screen, and only the audio plays.If I load them up in an external bik player they work just fine, but in-game they are no good.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

j2k

Senior user
Hi, I just got TW EE yesterday, I installed the latest patch *.*.**82 and then installed the TWEE-2.3 EAX fix directly after. When I went to play the game all the credit/sponsors showed except for the game intro which was just black, it had sound/subtitles, nothing else. And when I went to setup EAX the option was greyed out, I had my soundcard set to game mode, but still it was greyed out. I played for about 20 mins and noticed no other bugs.My Hardware is9800GT with latest driversX-Fi Champion with latest driversSoftware is Vista home prem x86 with latest updatesThanks for the help.

j2k said:
Hi, I just got TW EE yesterday, I installed the latest patch *.*.**82 and then installed the TWEE-2.3 EAX fix directly after. When I went to play the game all the credit/sponsors showed except for the game intro which was just black, it had sound/subtitles, nothing else. And when I went to setup EAX the option was greyed out, I had my soundcard set to game mode, but still it was greyed out. I played for about 20 mins and noticed no other bugs.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do you have that Creative ALchemy application, for EAX in Vista, installed?the DVD version of the Enhanced edition already has patch 1.4, so after a game install you only install the hotfix, so i recommend to:*uninstall game ( keep savegames when asked )*delete game folder if it was not deleted at uninstall*install Enhanced Edition game from DVD*apply hotfix 2.3->play

I am also having this black intro problem. I have sound and subtitles but screen is black. I have Steam version of the game and game is patched to latest version EAX and Blur fixes applied to. I think problem is Bink video codec.Here is my PCWizard file.

i bought the game at wal-mart and i have the black screen too. i downloaded the latest drivers for my vid card and i even downloaded the windows xp service pack 2. i am STILL having the same problems as before. all my specs meet the minimum and recommended amount...why wont my game work? is there a phone number to call atari tech support to get this problem fixed?

bubbamotion said:
i bought the game at wal-mart and i have the black screen too. i downloaded the latest drivers for my vid card and i even downloaded the windows xp service pack 2. i am STILL having the same problems as before. all my specs meet the minimum and recommended amount...why wont my game work? is there a phone number to call atari tech support to get this problem fixed?
the latest Service pack for Windows XP is Service Pack 3, BTWread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )
bubbamotion said:
I am also having this black intro problem. I have sound and subtitles but screen is black. I have Steam version of the game and game is patched to latest version EAX and Blur fixes applied to. I think problem is Bink video codec.
did you use any EAX fixes before using the official EAX fix?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
the latest Service pack for Windows XP is Service Pack 3, BTWread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )
LicaonKter said:
I am also having this black intro problem. I have sound and subtitles but screen is black. I have Steam version of the game and game is patched to latest version EAX and Blur fixes applied to. I think problem is Bink video codec.
did you use any EAX fixes before using the official EAX fix?
Nope, I downloaded the game again (clear install) on Steam. It is the latest version, I can see readme_EAX_hotfix.rtf file in game directory. Also EAX and game is working good but I only have black video issue.

acare84 said:
Nope, I downloaded the game again (clear install) on Steam. It is the latest version, I can see readme_EAX_hotfix.rtf file in game directory. Also EAX and game is working good but I only have black video issue.
clean install means deleting the game folder from the Steam folder?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
clean install means deleting the game folder from the Steam folder?
Exactly, but I reformatted my computer then downladed the game again. There was no older files in my computer until the download.

acare84 said:
Exactly, but I reformatted my computer then downladed the game again. There was no older files in my computer until the download.
what applications do you run in the background?

Nothing just Steam and Antivir are working. I am sending binkw32.dll from system folder of the game. Maybe this file is corrupted in Steam version of the game I dont know, thanks by the way for the help. :)http://rapidshare.com/files/211160692/binkw32.dll.html

acare84 said:
Nothing just Steam and Antivir are working. I am sending binkw32.dll from system folder of the game. Maybe this file is corrupted in Steam version of the game I dont know, thanks by the way for the help. :)
do try to disable/quit any other application running in the backgroundbinkw32.dll it's the same

I think I found the problem. I applied the Eax and Blur patch manually from here and the problem is solved. I think CD Projekt RED sent Valve corrupted EAX and Blur patch files or something. Can you inform CD Projekt RED employees about this issue please, to send Valve to right patch files? Thank you.http://atari.http.internapcdn.net/atari_vitalstream_com/common-files/atari/TheWitcher/patch/TWEE_EAX_HotFix_2.3.exe

ok...i downloaded the hotfix and i still have a problem trying to see what i am doing. after i choose the difficulty it starts the prolog story....and at first i can see the sky which looks like a light gray and the rest of the environment is black and has a lighter shade for an outline. i see the subtitles and i can figure out what is going on with story, but i cant see whats going on. there are a few times where ic an see an outline of a person, but it isnt clear...i dont know if that is what the "BLUR" is, but i tried all the ideas that have been presented and i am still stuck with my original problem. also, i can "ESC" thru prolog and try to pick up the rusty sword, but i cant see where it is. it isnt PITCH black, but it isnt very definable whats going on. i hear swords clanking and i can see combat text like parry pop up, but i cant see myself fighting or what i am fighting.did i get a bad version?

bubbamotion said:
ok...i downloaded the hotfix and i still have a problem trying to see what i am doing. after i choose the difficulty it starts the prolog story....and at first i can see the sky which looks like a light gray and the rest of the environment is black and has a lighter shade for an outline. i see the subtitles and i can figure out what is going on with story, but i cant see whats going on. there are a few times where ic an see an outline of a person, but it isnt clear...i dont know if that is what the "BLUR" is, but i tried all the ideas that have been presented and i am still stuck with my original problem. also, i can "ESC" thru prolog and try to pick up the rusty sword, but i cant see where it is. it isnt PITCH black, but it isnt very definable whats going on. i hear swords clanking and i can see combat text like parry pop up, but i cant see myself fighting or what i am fighting.did i get a bad version?
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=22657.msg486956#msg486956 pls

i tried all the stuff you wanted me too and i still have a black screen.here is what my pc wizard displays like the help page said to do:eek:k...i need to restate my problem - after the cut video, the screen is all black except for the play options (which appear in white text) such as difficulty or keyboard/mouse. after i select the play options, the game then proceeds to the story line video which i can see subtitles and hear whats going on, but the screen is very dark (not totally black). i can see an outline of a figure (human) maybe half way into the video. i can bypass this video by hitting "ESC" key and when it is time for me to play/act in the game, i can see my mouse, but nothing else. if i scroll over an important object, i will see a text of what that object is, but i have to search for it because the screen is black.does this help?what i have done already* downloaded ea hotfix* downloaded the new patch* downloaded windows service pack 3* downloaded latest version of directx* downloaded the lastest driver for my video card* i have rebooted several times* i have uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the game.* i have emailed atari (because they have no phone number) and they have NOT answered my email* i have pulled out my hair and thought about investing in an xbox 360 so that when i put a game in...it actually works!* is there anyway i can get my money back?[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

bubbamotion said:
here is what my pc wizard displays like the help page said to do:
you know there is a DEMO of the game since december 2007, that you can test out before buying the actual game?running the demo you would of found out that your ATI Radeon X1300 is on the minimum edge of game supportbut you are in luck, you can upgrade that video card :beer: ( if you want to, anyway )for now, get the latest video drivers too: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.7&lang=English and see what happens thenalso disable Catalyst AI and Adaptive Anti-Aliasing in the ATI Control Panel

thanks for reviewing my stuff...i appreciate it. i have had my friend who knows computers help me out with this, but i have occupied his time too much to call him and ask him where the ATI panel is. anyway you could help me out there too?when you say upgrade video card...u mean to buy another one?[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

Top Bottom