Movies / TV Shows!

+
I like where the DC "movieverse" is going. And how they're trying to tie in the two movies (Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman).

Tons of little details in both recent trailers. Like (and this is mere speculation on my part as of now) how most of Joker's teeth are fake probably because Batman punched them down his throat for killing Robin (kinda hinted at in the Batman v Superman trailer). Would also explain why Batman is extra broody this time around.

Indeed, i like that more mature look compared to the marvel movies.

What do you think about the fan theory of Jared Letos Joker?

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75333/this-fan-theory-about-jared-letos-joker-is-kind-of-brilliant

I think it's entirely plausible, and if it turns out to be true it's gonna be amazing. :D

indeed it would be awesome, by the way an interesting coincidence about the theory can even be seen in Batman Arkham Knight

just look at the spoiler if you have played The Arkham Knight till the end! huge spoiler!

The "J" tattoo on the face of Jared Leto Joker has the same placement as Todd in Arkham Knight

Last edited:
indeed it would be awesome, by the way an interesting coincidence about the theory can even be seen in Batman Arkham Knight

While an interesting coincidence, I think it's just that. :) The two don't really share the same universe. the Arkham games are a continuation of the Animated Series universe IIRC.

Not really, the Arkham and DCAU are different and not shared.
In the latter Bruce goes on to live over 90 years old as a grumpy old man, Jason does reveal himself to Bruce alive as the Red Hood (the Arkham Knight persona is original to the games) and everyone else moves on in their thing (with Terry Mcginnis as the future Batman)

I finished watching Sense8 and I thought it was great... Character writing is one of the best I've seen as of late. I especially liked Wolfgang and Sun.
One thing the show was missing is an overarching plot. Everyone had their own story to tell and it was really super but there was no plot... Most of them just tried going on with their daily lives despite the massive change in their life. It took almost 10 for the plot to show up.

I kinda hated the sexposition although it was kinda minor. There were plenty of ways to introduce characters and reveal their backstory but the authors had to use this one.
But the writers and directors of this show got some balls. They aren't afraid to show the human body in all it's glory - that includes penises and POV on a woman giving birth.

Overall I thought it was very enjoyable despite it's faults. I heard it just got renewed for Season 2 - hopefully the characters will share a common motive to drive the plot forward. By the looks of the season finale it looks like they will.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road and was surprised how much I liked it, as usually I end up dissapointed by all the movies that have so much hype behind them (not to mention that I tend to find most car chases in movies pretty boring and here we have something we can describe as one giant car chase). New Mad Max however turned out to be a extremely competent action movie and a homage to the original trilogy that I can recommend to anyone who loves post apocalyptic settings. The only gripes I have are certain inconsistencies with previous movies and that Max angst throughout the movie seem to be an orphaned plot point, thus it's not very captivating.

Another movie I watched was Gone Girl, a really good thriller about double standards and corruption of media. The first hour is a bit slow, but after that the story takes an interesting turn and from this moment movie keep you at the edge of your seat. I liked that they didn't make a main protagonist just an innocent victim, but a very complex character that really allowed for Ben Affleck to show his acting skills (I think this performance convinced many people that he can handle a role of Batman). Entire movie was really well cast, I had only a problem with Neil Patrick Harris, because of role association. It was really hard to take him seriously, as I keep imagined his character as being one of Barney's fake identities and that all of it was another of his schemes in order to get laid. What else can I say? It's another good movie by David Fincher, case closed.

Finally there was an Live Action Attack on Titan movie. Man, what a mess. I'm not fan of the series, so I was very accepting of all of the many changes, but storywise it's all over the place. Can't decide between being it's own thing or sticking closer to the source material, so it pisses both fans and regular people, who are unable to follow the story. Acting is very theatrical, just like in all of Japanese movies, but I don't have that much problem with it, as it common in polish movies as well, so I kinda get used to it. Special effects are decent in the first half of the movie, but during the final battle they start hurting your eyes. There were some good bits, mostly at the beginning, but they drown among ridiculous and nonsensical moments (human throwing a titan with his bare hands, really?), then the movie ends in the most sudden way possible. I doubt that I watch the second part of the movie when it will come out. Both fans and no fans should stay away.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road and was surprised how much I liked it, as usually I end up dissapointed by all the movies that have so much hype behind them (not to mention that I tend to find most car chases in movies pretty boring and here we have something we can describe as one giant car chase). New Mad Max however turned out to be a extremely competent action movie and a homage to the original trilogy that I can recommend to anyone who loves post apocalyptic settings. The only gripes I have are certain inconsistencies with previous movies and that Max angst throughout the movie seem to be an orphaned plot point, thus it's not very captivating.

Fury Road was great, although Tom's Max was a little too passive in my opinion, Mel was a much more involved Max.

Finished re-watching Vikings for the third or Forth time.. Love that show, Its nice seeing a representation of two cultures clashing in a way that doesn't just descend to genocide.

Spoilers (S3):
The Funeral procession scene from season 3 is a great contrast between the two cultures religions.

Re-watching its nice to see all the foreshadowing that occurs, its really well layered in that way as they don't always happen in the order they are foreshadowed either.

Haven't really been watching many movies this year, Fury Road and a screening of 2001 were my only Cinema trips this year as of yet, might go see Star Wars but...

Blasphemy alert:

Not a fan :x

Other than that, other movies & shows I've seen recently and liked would be Birdman and Rick and Morty <:

I LOVE Vikings, I'm eagerly looking forward for the fourth season, the previous one ended in spectacular fashion.

The best thing I've watched recently is Show Me A Hero by David Simone (creator of The Wire). Apart from that I'm watching Futurama (for the first time, yes) and loving it.

I LOVE Vikings, I'm eagerly looking forward for the fourth season, the previous one ended in spectacular fashion.

The best thing I've watched recently is Show Me A Hero by David Simone (creator of The Wire). Apart from that I'm watching Futurama (for the first time, yes) and loving it.

Futurama is great {:

Gotta watch it again now

Finished latest season of Game of Thrones and second season of True Detective this week.
GOT got me from the very first episode and I have loved it ever since. Casting is just awesome and I like to watch few episodes in a row. (Mainly because I just have to see what the next one brings along) I wonder what next season will bring because it is going ahead of the books now. I hope HBO isn't going to ruin the show just like they did with True Blood. It followed pretty similiar story that the books had but then they added this and that and a little bit more and the whole show kinda lost it's way and got hastily made finale season. (that's my oppinion atleast).

True Detective, what can I say.. First season with all its dialogies really had deep characters. Second season was good but not like the first one. I just felt there was something missing from the characters, and it was bit more predictable.

I wonder what next season will bring because it is going ahead of the books now.

Yeah me too. I mean it got a little bit ahead of the books, but what bothered me a bit is that they changed things a lot. Actually, when is the next book to come out? I'm just wondering because if the next season comes in April, like season 5, then it will surely be out earlier than the book.

---------- Updated at 01:21 PM ----------

Grey Worm and Missandei will make love...Somehow.

Spoiler alert! :p

Last edited:
Why do you doubt it though?
I don't know...In 2005 when FFC was published GRRM said "next year we will dance with dragons"...And we started to dance in 2011... :D
Who knows...But WOW would be a perfect Christmas gift :D
Oh no you! You ruined it all! Now I'm gonna stop reading/watching it altogether!
B + A = D

---------- Updated at 01:03 PM ----------

George say you didn't write it.. please.
He did not...But HBO is different...They like cheap shock...And rape.

Grey Worm and Missandei will make love...Somehow.
I'm suprised they already haven't done that

Another one : Podrick will rape Sansa.
Nooo that's just... No, no way... He might save her, if there's anything left to save.

From that article you linked:
In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it.
Look out, he's going to kill someone again!

Look out, he's going to kill someone again!
HBO is much more effective in killing than GRRM :D

Good thing about the twist is :
And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.

I wonder who that is... Barristan Selmy? Jeyne Westerling?

Top Bottom