Movies / TV Shows!

+
Report when you get back I am wondering what to see next week with my girlfriend - The Martian or Sicario. Will probably see both anyway.

Right, almost forgot to give my impressions.

It was pretty good, I liked it. Don't think it's the kind of movie you should take a girlfriend to, though, unless she's into space stuff. The movie itself is fairly slow and very much a film about space. The plot is pretty straightforward and predictable, but twists is not what you should be watching it for anyway. Gravity with a more traditional plot, basically.

2D or 3D - a few nice scenes that made good use of 3D, but overall, don't bother with it and just watch it in 2D.

Soundtrack - pretty good, nothing stood out to me, though.

Overall, I'd say it was worth watching.

Right, almost forgot to give my impressions.

It was pretty good, I liked it. Don't think it's the kind of movie you should take a girlfriend to, though, unless she's into space stuff. The movie itself is fairly slow and very much a film about space. The plot is pretty straightforward and predictable, but twists is not what you should be watching it for anyway. Gravity with a more traditional plot, basically.

2D or 3D - a few nice scenes that made good use of 3D, but overall, don't bother with it and just watch it in 2D.

Soundtrack - pretty good, nothing stood out to me, though.

Overall, I'd say it was worth watching.

Well, she is not into space stuff really, but we've seen Gravity and Interstellar together and she liked both. So I think we will continue with the space tradition.
And yeah I never bother with 3D anyway.

Thanks, Poikilotherm.

Have not been in this thread so far, so maybe it was already discussed, but did anyone watch Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal? I am considering upping it in priority on my backlog, heard some praises about it recently about how it is full of feels, motivation, and an excellent watch in general..
Don't have much time for movies lately so I must "pick carefully" ;p

@ReptilePZ redpoint for Droopytarii

...the trailer will debut during ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast on October 19th, [...] specifically during halftime. The game itself begins at 5:15pm PT / 8:15pm ET...

Course not.
Won't keep me from watching this at least twice, no matter how - in the worst case scenario - bad it may turn out to be.
It's been too damn long (over 10 years?) since Episode III or anything new Star Wars related was in theaters.

...and is horribly mutilated during the film, so I think that makes up for that. :evil2:

OK, I'll give you that one. Also, he's replaced by the legendary booming voice of James Earl Jones.....OK, you've got me, there is something good about the prequels.

Actual visual contents of the Trailer didn't do much for me, but fucking hell that Music... Thank fuck for John Williams. Much as I might loathe the prequels, you bloody can't fault the Music, and the OT themes are not only fucking incredible but just bring up so much nostalgia and warm feelings.

I'm not really sure what to think about the movie... I'm still salty as shit they went post-OT, rather than back to The Old Republic Era, which hasn't been touched by Movies/TV etc. Naturally I know why they did it, they've got the original cast still alive and it makes it easy as shit to prey on nostalgia, yet I still can't help but be mad. I would kill a kitten to see a Trilogy about Revan, or just something based around the Mandalorian Wars & the Rise of the Sith during that period.

So I'm going in with super low expectations, considering how many fuck ups there has been in the last decade with these sorts of events (The Hobbit, Prequels and countless reboots like Total Recall, Robocop etc), I think that's best. However just based on the Visuals, the clear use of actual sets/costumes etc, I'm definitely allowing myself one expectation and that is it certainly seems like it'll be better than the prequels.

This new show looks freaking amazing. I can't wait for it to start.

---------- Updated at 06:49 PM ----------

On another note:

How to Get Away With Murder was amaaaaaaaazing this week!!! The tension is just building and building it's brilliant. It's the only TV show I make sure to watch every week and god it is brilliant.

Top Bottom