Movies / TV Shows!

+
I currently watch The Fringe S2 and The 100 S3.

Does anyone know The 100? I think it is not that famous but one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Despite the lack of proper lightsaber dueling and use of the force beyond a little bit of choking and lifting Rogue One turned out a very pleasant surprise actually. Wouldn't mind at all if the other offshoots or anthology films are headed in the same direction.

schinderhannes.999;n7280740 said:
Despite the lack of proper lightsaber dueling and use of the force beyond a little bit of choking and lifting Rogue One turned out a very pleasant surprise actually. Wouldn't mind at all if the other offshoots or anthology films are headed in the same direction.

Yeah I really liked it.

I like that it's a film about hope in the face of inevitable death. The darkness of the ending was surprising and appreciated. Also the moral ambiguity of some of the characters was a nice change of pace compared to all the other Star Wars movie. Also, you finally feel the consequences of War in a Star Wars film. Also just about every easter egg worked pretty well (with maybe the exception of the dude wanted on twelve systems). It wasn't perfect, but I really appreciated the CGI Leia and Tarkin characters. The only thing I can really say that I disliked about it was how much the film jumped around in the first 15 minutes. I think each of the scenes was arguably necessary, but could have been told in a manner that was less all over the place. Especially the scene where Cassian kills his informant could have been somewhere later in the film. You need to see that he is willing to make ... let's saying choices of highly questionable character ... in order for his arch to work and there to be as much payoff at the end.

To all fans of Monty Python I can recommend Galavant.
I absolutely love this series, I think I watched it three times already.

Currently binge watching "This is Us" with my wife. So far 4/5 episodes have made her cry. It is a really good little show.

After being stuck in China for a while, I'm back in the UK now and I was able to see Rogue One :D Spoilers below for anyone who hasn't seen it yet!

All in all it was a good movie, though it didn't really shine until the last 30 minutes when everything comes together. I liked most of the characters enough (Cassian and K2SO were my faves) and Darth Vader's cameo was really cool. (also related when I was in China I went to Shanghai Disneyland and met Darth Vader and Kylo Ren and they spoke to me in very dark-sidey Chinese which was funny.)

Overall though I think I prefer The Force Awakens, possibly because as much as I liked Rogue One, I missed the Jedi. I kinda wish Disney had included Ahsoka Tano somehow in the movie. Seeing her fight Vader in the Clone Wars is cool, but seeing it in a movie would be amazing.

Another competent entry in the ongoing 80s cinema revival, complete with (some) bad acting, a predictable plot and some of the best actual(!) practical effects I've seen in quite some time. 'The Thing ' certainly wasn't thrown around unjustified during the film's promotional campaign. Together with 'Assault on Precinct 13 ' and 'Hellraiser '.
'Silent Hill ', Fulci's 'The Beyond ' or even 'Event Horizon ' might have served as possible sources of inspiration for certain aspects of 'The Void' as well.
And Lovecraft of course.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of American Gods. Simply incredible. Such density of visuals and audio and dialogue, it's more like a high budget cinema production. And it's totally freaking weird. Awesome :wazzzup:

M4xw0lf;n8497200 said:
Watched the first episode of American Gods. Simply incredible. Such density of visuals and audio and dialogue, it's more like a high budget cinema production. And it's totally freaking weird.
Agreed on all points, especially the last one. Twin Peaks' new season some time later this month (premieres in 4 days actually) is going to have some serious competition in the weird ass shit-department.
The series' title alone (and the kind of nationalistic/patriotic ring to it) had me on the fence first but that debut episode (+ e02 and last Sunday's e03) certainly made me see the error of my ways in judging the book by its cover.
Boy, was I wrong.

Last edited:
lucythewolf;n8615150 said:
have any of you seen amazon's lucifer?
if not you should definitely have a look at it

Watched the first season and loved it - after a while. Took nearly half the episodes to grow on me, I think.
But the second season isn't included in Prime TV. Greedy basterds :sad:

Top Bottom