Movies / TV Shows!

+
Netfix has a pretty interesting new show on.

It's called Love, death & robots.

I only watched the first episode "Sonnie's Edge" but i gotta say, it was pretty cyberpunk!
Been meaning to watch that. REALLY looking forward to it.

Some shows that I recommend y'all see:

Game of Thrones
Westworld (Season 1 is insane)
Fargo
Twin Peaks
Altered Carbon (Cyberpunk ish)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Community

The TV show I am waiting the most is the last season of The man in the high castle. This show is just amazing in terms of acting, visuals and plots.

Netfix has a pretty interesting new show on.

It's called Love, death & robots.

I only watched the first episode "Sonnie's Edge" but i gotta say, it was pretty cyberpunk!

Great show. Sonnie's Edge is one of my favourites episodes, however, there is not a single bad episode.
There's cyberpunk "Sonnies Edge", steampunk "Happy hunting", cosmic horror "Beyond the Aquila Rift" or military sf "Lucky 13" with different and mixed genres and themes between. Watched at one go. Then rewatched. And again.
I don't know if this film has been mentioned here before, but I really enjoyed THE MACHINE (2013).

It's not perfect, but it raised some interesting ideas and was the only film in recent memory that features normal people, AGI and augmented Transhumans. The interplay between them was cool as each had their own perspectives and agendas. More action oriented than something like EX MACHINA but not at the expense of remaining thought provoking.

Anyone into the Cyberpunk genre could do far worse than giving this a watch.

Far from perfect but quite interesting and entertaining. Some cool, maybe not very original ideas. And has this British vibe to it, as it is set in Britain. Which is a welcome change from the usual (Dis) United States or Japan.

Great show. Sonnie's Edge is one of my favourites episodes, however, there is not a single bad episode.
There's cyberpunk "Sonnies Edge", steampunk "Happy hunting", cosmic horror "Beyond the Aquila Rift" or military sf "Lucky 13" with different and mixed genres and themes between. Watched at one go. Then rewatched. And again.

Truly awesome show. "Beyond the Aquila Rift" was particularly enjoyable and fascinating, i guess i'm really into cosmic horror, but this one was SPOT ON. The production value of it was stellar, everything from looks to animation, acting, soundtrack... Sigh. I wish they took that and build something more from it.. one can dream..

Last edited:
The Deadwood movie is almost here!! The agent of mixing iambic pentameter with fucks and cocksuckers.

I can hardly contain myself.

Anyone in the mood for a good slightly cyberpunky dystopian anime should check out 'Psycho Pass'. Interesting premise and well done with a cool twist half way through. Think it's still on netflix.

Anyone in the mood for a good slightly cyberpunky dystopian anime should check out 'Psycho Pass'. Interesting premise and well done with a cool twist half way through. Think it's still on netflix.

I've been meaning to watch that for years. Thanks for the reminder.

A Game of Thrones predictions for ending spots at end of Season 8:

Daenerys Targaryen - Queen
Jon Snow - King
Sansa Stark - Dead
Arya Stark - Lady of Winterfell and married to the legitimized Lord Gendry Baratheon
Bran Stark - Three Eyed Raven still
Tyrion Lannister - Lord of Casterly Rock and Hand of the Queen
Jaime Lannister - Dead
Cersei Lannister - Dead
Theon Greyjoy - Dead
Yara Greyjoy - Lady of the Iron Islands
Euron Greyjoy - Dead
Samwell Tarly - Lord of Horn Hill and married to Gilly
Davos Seaworth - Master of Ships to the Iron Throne
Brienne of Tarth - Member of the Kingsguard
Sandor Clegane - Member of the Kingsguard
Missandei - In Queen Daenerys’ Court
Grey Worm - Master of War to the Iron Throne
Qyburn - Dead
Melisandre - Dead
Varys - Dead
Beric Dondarrion - Dead
Jorah Mormont - Dead
Bronn - Gets his wife and Castle
Podrick Payne - A Knight
Tormund Giantsbane - Lord Beyond the Wall (new Kingdom)

Knowing Martin, those predictions are probably way off, and he randomly kills many main characters.
Nah he foreshadows lots of his killings. Few of them are random. He also said that the show ending and the book endings will be similar for the primary characters (which I read as Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei).

Last edited:
As long as Davos survives, I'm fine. I like Samwell but he'll probably burn to death in a library. Dany is the worst (I've not watched the show, only read the books so maybe she gets her act together?).

As long as Davos survives, I'm fine. I like Samwell but he'll probably burn to death in a library. Dany is the worst (I've not watched the show, only read the books so maybe she gets her act together?).
I see this a lot, and I've never understood the why people don't like Dany. The first half of her chapters in ADwD were somewhat boring, but otherwise I've always liked her. She, Jon, Tyrion and Jamie are probably my favorites in the books.

EDIT: And yes, I too hope Davos survives.

Last edited:
I see this a lot, and I've never understood the why people don't like Dany. The first half of her chapters in ADwD were somewhat boring, but otherwise I've always liked her. She, Jon, Tyrion and Jamie are probably my favorites in the books.

EDIT: And yes, I too hope Davos survives.
I really want to like her, as I used to, I just find the Meereen arc exasperating.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I like Sansa. She's had almost all agency taken from her and is just having to cope in a series of horrible situations which I find compelling.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I like Sansa. She's had almost all agency taken from her and is just having to cope in a series of horrible situations which I find compelling.
I like Sansa too. Most of the PoV characters I like, are really interesting and at least at times compelling. I even really like some of the smaller new side PoVs like Jon Connington, Arianne, Hotah, Barristan, Asha, and etc.

Have you ever tried reading Dance and Feast together chronologically and separated into two parts as listed here - https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ry-or-now-reading.17110/page-28#post-11488738? It's MUCH better IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom