Movies / TV Shows!

+
Film: Watched Lords of Chaos last night. Dead's last scene was full on, I loved the burning & the soundtrack kicked. Apart from that...garbage

TV: Just got done the other night watching The Wire for the third time. Best. Show. Ever? Oh indeed

I'm watching Project Blue Book from the History Channel. On the 7th episode right now. It's a great series and full of mysteries in the UFO genre, I love it. 8/10
- Altered Carbon without a doubt 10/10 Especially if you like the Cyberpunk genre or even Sci-Fi in general for that matter.
- Dark (german series) S1: 8/10 (is a bit slow at the beginning but after the first episodes it's totally worth the slow-burn). S2: Haven't seen it yet but is on my playlist to watch after Project Blue Book.
- The Expanse is by far, one of the greatest Sci-Fi TV sagas in decades. 10/10

If this isn't a sign of the end times, I don't know what is. These abominations give me anxiety.
How big are they? Sometimes they're almost the size of a table knife, other times they're human sized.
Why do they have breasts?
Post automatically merged:

They look naked already, but the fact that some cats wear clothes really drives it home.
What fur is Judi Dench's coat made from?
The Idris Elba cat is a pimp?

If this isn't a sign of the end times, I don't know what is.
I'm not sure, because I know nothing about Cats. Avoided it from the beginning (when was that, 30 years ago?) and am totally unintrested in the film.

But your avatar begs a question, after I saw the linked YT video: Is there one effing movie, Ian McKellen does not play a role in? :eek:

The trailer has - finally - arrived:

And it dosen't look half bad, I'm excited.
Oh my! I didn't expect that. It's much better than I expected. O please, Netflix, don't mess up.

I never read the books, but there's a longer video from a game magazine that explains in detail the differences between the games and the books (for example, that the silver sword is only needed for a few specific monsters and therefore Geralt mostly keeps it on his horse). I'm now convinced that this really is close to the books (just that this Witcher is a bit too muscular)

I agree, it looks great so far! :D Seems like they'll cover stuff like Yennefer's origins as well, nice. I just hope they didn't forget about Nivellen, his story was one of my favorite ones in the books :ok:

The trailer looks pretty, but feels empty. While it looks dark and gritty, which would fit with the Witcher image, I am getting unpleasant flashbacks of Snow White and the Huntsman (because of its style), as well as the new Superman movies (because of Henry and the unnecessary grimness of Superman).

Speaking of trailers, this is how it's done, with style and flair:

Watched The Void again

It is now cemented in third spot for horror flicks for me behind Hellraiser & The Thing

It gives a nod to both of those classics, also Prince of Darkness & probably a couple other more obscure horrors I haven't seen or remember

It is excellent & kvlt

Last edited:

Guest 4305932

Imho a bit too generic. It doesn't convey really well what The Witcher (books) is. Some discutible choices like dryads and NG armor design.

Read a funny comment: They misread Brokilon for Brooklyn. XD

Processed the trailer a bit and it looks generic because it's crafted for Western audiences and with that sensibilitiy. It doesn't surpass or enhance the books and the games. Aesthetically feels less Medieval and more like it picked stuff from Harry Potter, GoT and other Hollywood fantasy productions. Budget seems to be there, but it lacks the "right" flavor that games had. I'll watch it, but I'm not crazy about how it looks.

It doesn't surpass or enhance the books and the games. Aesthetically feels less Medieval and more like it picked stuff from Harry Potter, GoT and other Hollywood fantasy productions.
Yeah, I agree.

If I didn't know it was the Witcher I would think it's just some generic fantasy series. :sleep:

Guest 4305932

Read a funny comment: They misread Brokilon for Brooklyn. XD

Processed the trailer a bit and it looks generic because it's crafted for Western audiences and with that sensibilitiy. It doesn't surpass or enhance the books and the games. Aesthetically feels less Medieval and more like it picked stuff from Harry Potter, GoT and other Hollywood fantasy productions. Budget seems to be there, but it lacks the "right" flavor that games had. I'll watch it, but I'm not crazy about how it looks.

Well said.

Talking about fantasy series I'm more interested in Carnival Row

The trailer didn't feel a bit generic, but that is how it was intended to be in my opinion. They wanted to show as many action and magic as they could to make the general audience interested.

Aesthetically feels less Medieval and more like it picked stuff from Harry Potter, GoT and other Hollywood fantasy productions.
I have only read the GoT books, but personally I would have called the witcher universe a lot more fantasy and a bit less medieval than GoT.
The Witcher world is still at the highest peak of magic, while the worlds in GoT or even LotR are at a state where magic has nearly disappeared from the world.

Back to the trailer, I doubt it really represents the actual feeling of the series, as what the trailer composed of was actually quite a lot of the highlights of the entire season. Princess Pavetta, the Battle of Marmandal, the Striga fight, the butchering of Blaviken, the fall of Cintra. And all that being condensed into a single trailer will make it look the way it does.
At the other hand we haven't seen much of the quiter pieces of the story and in particular Dandellion hasn't even appeared yet.

There are a few things left in the trailer that I wonder about:
-the destroyed carriage with the Lyrian Eagle on the guards shields. What is that?
-the council of the 12 persons sitting around a fire. Any clue who they are?
-the tree Ciri is looking up to. I don't remember that scene at all
-what scene is the woman in red running through the woods? I first thought it was Ciri in Brookilon, but neither Ciris clothes look the part, nor does the wood look similar
-is the island with the bridge supposed to be Thanedd? it really feels completly different from the books, so I wonder if that is Cintra?

Guest 3847602

Don't give one rat's phuck about that Netflix turd, but I'm super excited about the return of Maverick.
First Hollywood movie I'm gonna watch since 2013 and Rush. :D

Top Bottom