Movies / TV Shows!

+
Heimvegen - 12 part doco series on the greatest band in the world...The motherfv*#ing Time..!

Snoogans

Yeah, nah, the actual greatest band in the world - Enslaved. 'Tis excellent so far.

Ave!

As it has been going through my head for the last hour or so now, am now gonna watch Chappelle's Show (for the umpteenth time).

Specifically the part in the season 2 ep where Dave, Questlove & John Mayer cover the Diff'rent Strokes theme.

Stone cold timeless classic it is.

Picked up Psycho Goreman a couple days ago. Planning to watch it tonight.

I needs a good laugh/spectacle/escape. Director Steven Kostanski also worked on The Void which I love & I believe it is the same team (Astron-6) too, so I am pumped.

Edit: Yeah, I needed that. Cracked up a few times & the references once again that most will just not get ever were great.

It is so obvious & too easy, but I still have to type it as an homage or something to the trve spirit of this fillum...needed more gore, man.

I love these guys.
Post automatically merged:

Gonna watch Bad Boy Bubby again tonight. Aussie cult classic. Just got re-released a little while ago. I was highly surprised & delighted. Totally worthy of it, it is.

Stands up still as one of the most original fillums ever.

Better not bring your kids...

Last edited:
I watch tv very little. the series are not great. after my years in prison {2006/2019} not much has changed except the quality; worse instead of better.
I saw recently; "Hostiles", a beautiful and underestimated film.
I watch old westerns, I love western movies.
my favorite movie? The wild bunch.

Currently following Snowpiercer, pretty entertaining so far! Season 2 is definitely a step up from Season 1, though both were enjoyable.
Jennifer Connelly and Sean Bean add star power and gravitas to their scenes, great acting all around.
It's not a prerequisite, but i do recommend watching the 2013 film of the same name by Korean director Bong Joon-Ho, starring Chris Evans no less.
Sadly I haven't read the French comic Snowpiercer is actually based on, but might plan to in the future. Wonder if someone has already done so? Is it any good?

Just started and finished watching LD+R VOL 2.
Was super excited for it since Vol 1., but 8 episodes vs 18?! C'mon... Vol 1 - Wins. Still - good stuff.
Capture.PNG

Altered Carbon is the more accurate tv show with Cyberpunk 2077
First season was fantastic and memorable, but this is one of the many shows that should have ended in one season (like Hanna, Handmaid's Tale, 13 Reasons Why...). Joel Kinnaman would have been a great choice for Geralt.

Currently following Snowpiercer, pretty entertaining so far! Season 2 is definitely a step up from Season 1, though both were enjoyable.
Jennifer Connelly and Sean Bean add star power and gravitas to their scenes, great acting all around.
It's not a prerequisite, but i do recommend watching the 2013 film of the same name by Korean director Bong Joon-Ho, starring Chris Evans no less.
Sadly I haven't read the French comic Snowpiercer is actually based on, but might plan to in the future. Wonder if someone has already done so? Is it any good?
The Snowpiercer movie gotta be in my Top 5... I didn't think much of the show at first, though, but then Sean Bean's Wilford happened.

I watch tv very little. the series are not great. after my years in prison {2006/2019} not much has changed except the quality; worse instead of better.
I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with that. TV series these days are superior than movies, twenty years ago it was the other way around.

Last edited:
Watched Mitchells vs Machines with the family...two days in a row. It was that damn good. I'm not sure I'd say it's cyberpunk but definitely has some of the esthetic. But so damn funny.

I'm currently watching Lucifer on Netflix, after I've finished the Castlevania series.

Attachments

• AAAABXbY84ilvP6nARlmzitIx7TwcTrc18zHRcezDubMNAwHjLGM-xUkA7iJNWqdk_vKXCXZUHzLnzguDhZRMVwmuu9fn4...jpg
    AAAABXbY84ilvP6nARlmzitIx7TwcTrc18zHRcezDubMNAwHjLGM-xUkA7iJNWqdk_vKXCXZUHzLnzguDhZRMVwmuu9fn4...jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 19
  • AAAABdYuG0c0GPEXqeLIP4Ito2Qae-dGwdmE5gBc6zy8V4vAsxtjQgfsGImnN34be8OJLMdzigrDYGmjT80KC__U39d7VH...jpg
    AAAABdYuG0c0GPEXqeLIP4Ito2Qae-dGwdmE5gBc6zy8V4vAsxtjQgfsGImnN34be8OJLMdzigrDYGmjT80KC__U39d7VH...jpg
    30 KB · Views: 15
Saw an interesting Irish horror movie this evening, called "Caveat".

Most of the movie centers on one actor, with a second one who is seldom seen but whose presence is felt throughout, and a third who occasionally appears. Location = a couple of rooms, a hallway, and a basement. For the most part, it's really well done.

Pretty much the definition of making the most with almost no budget. The whole thing probably cost less than one CGI scene in Godzilla v. Kong, and it's a significantly better movie.

Top Bottom