Movies / TV Shows!

+
Yep, for someone who knows the universe well, the "freedoms" and "shortcuts" they have taken must be obvious and even disturb :(

But I imagine that someone who doesn't know the universe at all, who has never played The Witcher and who watches the anime, it might make him want to play Witcher's games for example. And I also imagine that after the intro of TW3, he can be said that it was a very good idea and that the game definitely seems better than the anime.
And that was the goal I think :)

I have to agree that the signs seemed hyper OP in the anime - it was a bit too "Legend of Korra" (which Studio Mir animated as well) and it's as though the director forgot this is a different universe. And yeah, very odd choice of haircut for Vesemir - literally every other character looked appropriate though, so not sure what the thinking was there.

Then again, I saw one of the animators, Rocketboiart, post some key frame stuff on Instagram, and someone in the comments said Igni is OP in the books anyway so.... I dunno? Is that true? (I still haven't read the books, only the games)

someone in the comments said Igni is OP in the books anyway so.... I dunno? Is that true?

Off the top of my head, I can't recall a scene in the books where Geralt uses Igni, but I remember that he mostly relied on his swords, and his signs were used for utility purposes or to gain a slight advantage.

I remember Geralt using Axii to hypnotize a guard in "The Last Wish" but after that he only used it to calm Roach. There's this other scene where Geralt is fighting this cutthroat (I don't recall exactly which story it was), and he casts Aard at the ground to kick up dust and confuse his opponent (as opposed to casting Aard directly at him, as you would see in the game). He uses Quen once in "A Grain of Truth" to protect himself from a bruxa's attack. The Heliotrope sign was used to ward off magical attacks, and in "Season of Storms", the sign Somne is mentioned, which is used to put someone to sleep. And Yrden is mentioned only once: Geralt uses it to seal himself inside a sarcophagus to keep Her Highness, the Striga out of it until sunrise.

So yeah, in the books, witcher's signs tend to be used as tools, rather than weapons. They most definitely aren't uber death rays of destruction like you see in the anime.

Then again, I saw one of the animators, Rocketboiart, post some key frame stuff on Instagram, and someone in the comments said Igni is OP in the books anyway so.... I dunno? Is that true? (I still haven't read the books, only the games)
I haven't finished all the books yet, but from what I have read, like @Jesting-Jack says the signs are mostly used as tools rather than offensive weapons. The only time I can remember Geralt using Igni is to burn through some ropes that are binding Yen.

Dont shoot me ...

I happened to have watched Yu Gi Oh season 4 last week because I was heavily remembering that theme when Orichalcos is used. Damn that is one banger tune :)

Hannibal is one of the best TV shows ever. Mads Mikelsen is twice the Lecter Hopkins is. EVen more so if youve read the books.

I'm fond of the show Preacher as well.

Doom Patrol is easily the best TV series adapted from a comic. Dont let the comic part change your mind. It could stand on its own easily and Alan Tudyk gives an oscar worthy performance

I was watching The Prisoner with Patrick Mc Goohan on TubiTV , i really enjoyed it it was on for one season from 1967 t0 1968.

I was watching a movie called The Final CountDown With Kirk Douglas (1980), it was good but a bit weird. Where they go back in time to try and stop the bombing of Pearl Harbor, irl you can not change the past because it has already happened.

I watched Dune past Friday and loved it. It's a true cinema experience and the best movie I've seen the past 2 years.

Last edited:
I just watched the first episode of Foundation on Apple TV+ and wow I should've watched that on a bigger screen. Was visually STUNNING.
Post automatically merged:

Also finished Squid Game, which was like a really good episode of Black Mirror but expanded for a whole season. Only weak bit was when there were a bunch of english speaking actors (their dialogue was really naff).

Also watching Midnight Mass now. Surprising amount of decent stuff on right now :)

Just watch
Braqueur - la serie (very good, but I don't know if it's available in other languages).
Deadly Class
But I'm waiting about ARCANE with impatience :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom