Movies / TV Shows!

+
I've just seen House of Gucci, and I can say with all certainty that it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen, if not the single worst one. It doesn't look like a Ridley Scott movie at all. Every single detail is just wrong, acting, editing, soundtrack, everything. And I say this as someone who has defended the later Ridley Scott films (Prometheus, Covenant, The Counselor, Exodus and Last Duel). My verdict: :coolstory:

Book of Boba Fett.
It's alright, my opinion of it varies between episodes. Huge improvement when R. Rodriguez wasn't in the director's chair.

War of the Worlds (2019 TV series).
I lasted 2 episodes. Why bank on the name recognition of Wells novel if you're going to disregard almost every aspect of the source material? At this point the most faithful adaptation is the Jeff Wayne musical and the 1998 RTS.

Pam & Tommy is fun.
Euphoria season 2 is decent enough.

Disney and Ridley Scott continue to disappoint. I don't even know why I give them a chance every time.
Post automatically merged:

I don't recognize Tolkien in these new Amazon TV show stills...

Last edited:
Pam & Tommy is fun.
Euphoria season 2 is decent enough.

Disney and Ridley Scott continue to disappoint. I don't even know why I give them a chance every time.
Post automatically merged:

I don't recognize Tolkien in these new Amazon TV show stills...
I thought Book of Fett and Mando were such a nerdgasm while not being flawless, but I agree with the Scott thing. Why the fuck did he made that movie? He's not into that sort of thing...
And if the Silmarillion show turns out wrong, well I guess we'll always have Jackson's LOTR

I thought Book of Fett and Mando were such a nerdgasm while not being flawless, but I agree with the Scott thing. Why the fuck did he made that movie? He's not into that sort of thing...
And if the Silmarillion show turns out wrong, well I guess we'll always have Jackson's LOTR
I thought both Mando and Fett were the usual exploitation of nostalgia. Let's dig out 40 years old stuff and sell it to geeks. It's so dull and lacking imagination. I stg, pre-Disney Star Wars games did so much to expand and move Star Wars forward... Now all they do is spin-offs of some minor shit from the original trilogy. Maybe that's what some people want, but I was bored out of my mind. Rogue One is probably the only one that had something going for it...

I thought both Mando and Fett were the usual exploitation of nostalgia. Let's dig out 40 years old stuff and sell it to geeks. It's so dull and lacking imagination. I stg, pre-Disney Star Wars games did so much to expand and move Star Wars forward... Now all they do is spin-offs of some minor shit from the original trilogy. Maybe that's what some people want, but I was bored out of my mind. Rogue One is probably the only one that had something going for it...
There was so much weird, imaginitive stuff before Disney acquired Lucasfilm, and yeah, now it's all cashing in on nostalgia - which can go a long way it done right, but isn't lasting. Remove all the Star Wars motifs and favourite characters from the current productions and there isn't much left.
I liked Rogue One a lot, the production design was superb - but I'm terribly guilty of loving the Vader scene at the end.
The Visions shorts were weird and interesting I thought (SW through a Japanese lens)

PLEASE SIGN PETITION AT END
The Witcher has a potentially amazing first season but arguably very confusing, with the editing of three different characters storylines on mostly three different timelines. It constantly cuts between them chaotically with no obvious distinction in many an opinion of where you are in the overall story and of what is future, past or present.

Season 2 is linear and it is all the better for it. It's amazing in my opinion whether its true to the books or taking big liberties. I havent read the books which I'm sure are brilliant. It represents the game as I remember very well.

The linear editing in S2 editing allows us to follow the characters easily and build up empathy and so gives the viewer a real sense of danger and excitement for them instead of trying to figure what is going on. The characters, the cinematography, action and story explode out to us and we can enjoy them free from distraction by a convoluted timeline.

I simply ask for a more linear edit of Season 1 to be produced, replacing the current one because that is where we are introduced to the characters and world, where we should form a strong empathy and wonderment, not frustration.

I've watched most things on Netflix so far, so I am kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I re-watch a lot of stuff, but the most recent show I watched was Snowpiercer. It's the one where the last living people on Earth are on a train that continuously goes around the planet, and they struggle with politics on it. It's a remake of an old movie. It was entertaining, but nothing spectacular. Great to just have on, on the side while doing other stuff.

I've watched most things on Netflix so far, so I am kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I re-watch a lot of stuff, but the most recent show I watched was Snowpiercer. It's the one where the last living people on Earth are on a train that continuously goes around the planet, and they struggle with politics on it. It's a remake of an old movie. It was entertaining, but nothing spectacular. Great to just have on, on the side while doing other stuff.
The movie is so much better, the only thing that keeps me watching the show is Sean Bean's Wilford. Hell, I'd even say Arcane is more like the original Snowpiercer than the show.

Hah, don't you ever wake up on a Saturday morning afternoon and feel the need to watch something to low key ruin the rest of the day, then here's something for ya.. :ok: :facepalm:
Harmony.
401ebb301962e14e7ab1158c4ba6032c_640.jpg

"I've decided to burn my books. Every last one of them.
I have to. They're very precious to me."

Love, Death and Robots
About humans :ROFLMAO:
ROBOT 2 : "What is it for ?"
ROBOT 3 : "The idea was to annihilate as many humans as possible, as quick as possible"
ROBOT 1 : "Well, to be fair, they only used these a few times"
ROBOT 3 : "To be fair, you would only need a few times"
ROBOT 1 : "Also fair !"
ROBOT 2 : "This is the thing that killed them all ?"
ROBOT 3 : "No indeed, it was their own hubris that ended their reign, their belief that they were the pinnacle of creation,..."
ROBOT 1 : "Are you OK ?"
ROBOT 3 : "Yeah, Sorry. Tought that would sound better than : Nah, they just screwed themselves by being a bunch of morons"

Last edited:
if not for plot (accidentally started watching from ep.9 and didn't notice that something may be missing :LOL: ) - this one has some beautiful visuals!
it's flashy, it's shiny and cyberpunk-y

Akudama Drive
Akudama-Drive-12.4.jpg

kbRMK1kWAM8vJopch17Hjo4NP27.jpg

MV5BOWNjOTU0ZjEtZDhlOC00Y2EyLTk4ODQtNDRlODYzMjBhZTg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODU3MDc2NzI@._V1_.jpg

kansai-city.png

444444.png

Top Bottom