Movies / TV Shows!

+
Looks like a new TV series based on the Fallout games is in production. I don't have high expectations, but I'm interested in seeing what they do with it. I hope it has better cinematic quality and writing than The Witcher, which was barely tolerable in the first year, and a disaster thereafter.

Can someone give me tips on a good sci fi series. After altered carbon I couldn't find anything like it, Westworld sucked and Edgerunners was too short. Something like Altered Carbon so Cyberpunk with action and so on.

Can someone give me tips on a good sci fi series. After altered carbon I couldn't find anything like it, Westworld sucked and Edgerunners was too short. Something like Altered Carbon so Cyberpunk with action and so on.
As good as Altered Carbon... not sure :)
But you can still check (movie/series/ liveaction - anime) :
- Cowboy Bebop (live action and/or the original anime).
- Mute (movie).
- BLAME! (anime movie).
- Psycho-Pass (anime series).

Cowboy Bebop watched the whole anime live action sucked I heard
Yeah, I'll go for the original anime, no doubt :)
I throw some other things, not sure. Just take a look if you want to.
- Alita Battle Angel which is for me, a very good and rather underrated Cyberpunk movie.
- Love, Death and Robot. Plenty of good things (not all cyberpunk, but some episodes are really, really awesome. Like Sonnie's Edge or The Very Pulse Of The Machine).

I started the Rookie yesterday, it's refreshing to see a cop show which isn't soley about inter relationship drama but has a heavy focus on car chases and really solid action scenes.

What about sci-fi that isn’t strictly cyberpunk?

I‘d say Foundation on AppleTV is easily the best sci-fi at the moment. 2nd season especially.

Sry have no apple products and no streaming service, I actually read the Foundation Trilogy, but heard they changed a lot in the tv adaption.

Like it so far, even if the antagonists are a bit too obviously evil and the uniforms are too reminiscent of the Third Reich. Wonderful Sofia Boutella :) .

Last edited:
Not really great, but not really bad either. Overall, meh... Some great camera shots and a lot (maybe too much) of slow motion.
I watched it for about 45 minutes before I lost interest. Sort of a jumbled up mess of story lines pulled from other movies. I thought maybe it would make more sense if I could find the books it was based on for some context, but I can't find any. Apparently it's an original story.

Top Bottom