Movies / TV Shows!

+
lol, I have no idea what are you talking about, no filmstrip icon that I can see in Firefrox. :)

You can go here, make sure that you have 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls' selected under Miscellaneous Options/Message Editor Interface. This should then add in Insert Image and Insert Video (which is the filmstrip icon sid is talking about) icons to the message editor.

You can use those if you don't want to manually type out the tags every time ([*IMG] [/*IMG] and [*VIDEO] [/*VIDEO], without the *). Then, all you'll need is the link to the video/image you wish to post, which you must either paste in the pop-up that appears when you click the icons or position between the tags if you're doing it manually.

Been watching The Tudors. Not as good as Vikings, kind of a soap opera at times, but damn the sets and costumes are something else.
Yeah I like that show a lot. I do think Hirst learned from his experience and Vikings is better for it, but Tudors is a solid watch. It gets less juvenile as the seasons go on.

We watched the premiere of Penny Dreadful, but since it was a Showtime free weekend, won't be seeing any more until it comes out on Netflix or wherever. It was pretty good, a bit schlocky.

Yeah I like that show a lot. I do think Hirst learned from his experience and Vikings is better for it, but Tudors is a solid watch. It gets less juvenile as the seasons go on.

I'm on the second season and I'm pretty sucked into it now. The court intrigue and politics are fun to follow. And god, the show just looks amazing. I love the sumptuous outfits, the interiors and furniture, even small details like quill pens and antique laid paper of the period, everything seems expertly done.

Because in the original it was obviously a discreet hint that Ser Pounce is behind everything that happened so far, including White Walkers and Littlefinger machinations, but some viewers already started suspect that, so to not give any more fuel to this theory, the show creators decided to change this line.

Seriously though, maybe it didn't sound well enough when spoken out loud

Watched the latest Jack Taylor episode "The Dramatist," simple whodunnit that you'll get right away almost, but Iain Glen gives such a barnstorming performance that he carries it. Shows that Glen's really underused playing second fiddle to Eyebrows Tireiron in Game of Thrones, bloody waste.

Been thinking of giving Jack Taylor a watch. Iain Glen is a very good actor and loved his performances (and character) in Dowton Abbey.

Watched The Wolverine. I was expecting a couple of hours of turning off my brain and enjoying some guilty pleasure, but it just wasn't it. Pacific Rim will be my next shot.

It's a shame that The Wolverine is PG 13. That restriction forced a vanilla character when he should be a modern-day Geralt. But no, we want more money, so let's not make the fights as brutal as you might expect from a feral mutant with claws in his flailing fists. I like to think that I'm not after violence for violence's sake, but it seems to fit Wolverine. I also wanted to see more sass from him, but I have a suspicion Hugh Jackman is getting bored of the role. He was just so subdued throughout the film as if he was waiting for it to be over. Playing it safe until the credits roll.

This character needs an overhaul. Hollywood guys are lazy and they keep focusing over, and over, and over, on his claws, and his regeneration. That's it. I want to see the wild side of him. Isn't that what he's about? The whole "wolverine" idea? Someone so chaotic it's usually hard to tell whether he's good or bad? Instead he's just being reduced to a paladin with a ragged look. And why aren't his bestial-senses ever put to use? The only instance I remember them really getting the spotlight was when he saw - or, well, smelled through Mystique's guise in the first X-Men movie. Since then, it feels as if the movie producers went all "Fuck it, just have him cut shit all the time".

I'm beginning to think Jackman's best portrayal of Wolverine was in his 5 seconds cameo in X-Men: First Class, when Xavier and Magneto walk up to him at the bar, introduce themselves, and he just answers "Go fuck yourselves" drily without even looking at them. Not a fuck was given.

So much wasted potential.

Last edited:
Just came from the theater after having seen X-Men: Days of Future Past. Awesome comic book movie! Enjoyed every single minute of it. It manages to have a great mix of almost every element of what a superhero movie needs. Adding all the hints and references and cameos from previous films in the series makes it a real gem for movie lovers of the franchise. It might not stand as tall for casual viewers however. It's far from perfect and has its flaws, but the pros out beat the cons in this particular case.

@eliharel
I will partially disagree with you on The Wolverine. While indeed it is nothing out of the ordinary, I still found it to be a decent enough of a comic book movie with suspenseful action sequences, great production value, costume design and quite colorful characters. While I also agree that they should evolve further with showcasing Wolverine as a character and his powers, I wouldn't claim that The Wolverine lacks it. The movie took a more human portrayal on Wolverine with the temporary loss / reduction of his powers which gave the opportunity to test the character’s physical and emotional extremes, and with his personal struggle with immortality was nicely portrayed by his tiresomeness and lack of will to go on. Personally I think the movie stayed true to his character quite well.

It's quite obvious that Wolverine is the central protagonist of the show and it is indeed true that they could use / focus on other characters, some which are arguably better / more interesting characters, now that we have had such a focus on Logan for, what, seven movies? I personally am both a fan of Wolverine and Hugh Jackman so I won't mind of having more of him (which there will undoubtedly be), but as I said, other characters are more than welcome.

so Hannibal Season 2 just ended

and holy shit

I'm speechless with the finale

everyone should watch this.

So Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D has come to an end and guess what? I want more! Of course, I won't get anything to next year but I enjoyed the last few episodes. It finally came into its own.

dumb gore effect in GoT this week

and what was with sansa wearing a maleficent dress?

am I the only one watching the show here now? did everyone here drop it?

dumb gore effect in GoT this week

and what was with sansa wearing a maleficent dress?

am I the only one watching the show here now? did everyone here drop it?
Still watching it, but it's a day late in Israel so I'll only see the episode at around midnight, my time.

When they announced the show, there were two moments I've been waiting for. The Red Wedding, and this battle. I hope they nailed it, because it was an epic moment in the books.

Top Bottom