Movies / TV Shows!

+
Not sure if this has been posted, but Constantine just got a main theme!

What do the Hellblazer fans here think of this? I might just watch it when it comes over here!

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted, but Constantine just got a main theme!

What do the Hellblazer fans here think of this? I might just watch it when it comes over here!

First episode leaked a while back. It was pretty good and Matt Ryan was great as Constantine. My biggest issue is the girl that they center the entire first episode around and the premise for the show's story gimmick left after the first episode, so I'm not really sure how well it's going to deliver in the end. Digging the theme song though, very fitting in my opinion.

First episode leaked a while back. It was pretty good and Matt Ryan was great as Constantine. My biggest issue is the girl that they center the entire first episode around and the premise for the show's story gimmick left after the first episode, so I'm not really sure how well it's going to deliver in the end. Digging the theme song though, very fitting in my opinion.

It's unknown when it's coming over here though. I am interested to see what's it's like as it looks like something that I'd be interested in. I guess I just have to wait.

So how bout that episode of The Walking Dead last night?

I really wanted Rick to follow through on his promise and go back with the machete and kill that one guy. Fuck those people in Terminus. I get it, you were nearly killed yourselves, but that doesn't make it okay to become the butchers. "You're either the butcher or the cattle." More like, "You're either fighting to retain your humanity or you've given up on it" and we know which way they fell.

I understand the concept that the killing in that situation becomes a necessity - you kill to protect yourself and yours from those who would harm you, but beyond that....

And poor Glenn, it was like 'We're gonna kill ya. Psyche! Ok, now we're gonna kill ya. Nope, psyche again!'.

Thanks for the spoiler tags mate, its much appreciated !

on Constantine, I heard this was happening, I haven't seen anything of it yet, and that trenchcoat does look correct. I read Hellblazer since Constantine first appeared in an Alan Moore Swamp Thing issue (yep not many people know that, Johnboy is another creation of the Magnificent Mr. Moore), up until the end of Ellis' run, and it was damn god stuff, gritty, weird, complex, mature, full of off the wall types of magic (nothing like the Keanu movie at all). So i'll be cheering for this one.

Keep an eye out for Lucifer TV show too, i've heard ones in the works (originally created by Neil Gaiman as a bit part in Sandman, then a full, excellent run of his own by Mike Carey).

Comics really are taking over eh :)

oh aye, definitely suitable theme tune, I like.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD!! *WALL OF TEXT INCOMING*

I am honestly glad we aren't gunna spend the entire season in Terminus. I felt like that was a possibility at some point. I liked that they got right to the nitty gritty and showed lots of gore and blood. I completely agree so far as the fate of the 'Termites'. It was extremely satisfactory to see Carol blow up a ton of zombies and invade like a badass!! I never officially saw that guy get killed, so maybe Rick will run across him later with that machete, honestly that's my hope. Very glad to see Judith reunited with her kin, and Carol and Daryl reunited also.

Don't know how you feel about all the talk about a potential gay character being made known just for the sake of their being a gay character, but I think it's officially not Daryl. I knew he and Carol had some kinda hanky panky goin' on. Lastly... I really want to know what happened to Beth. Surely we'll get there sooner or later...

I really wanted Rick to follow through on his promise and go back with the machete and kill that one guy. Fuck those people in Terminus. I get it, you were nearly killed yourselves, but that doesn't make it okay to become the butchers. "You're either the butcher or the cattle." More like, "You're either fighting to retain your humanity or you've given up on it" and we know which way they fell.

I understand the concept that the killing in that situation becomes a necessity - you kill to protect yourself and yours from those who would harm you, but beyond that....

And poor Glenn, it was like 'We're gonna kill ya. Psyche! Ok, now we're gonna kill ya. Nope, psyche again!'.

I think its a foreshadowing if you read the comics.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD!! *WALL OF TEXT INCOMING*

I am honestly glad we aren't gunna spend the entire season in Terminus. I felt like that was a possibility at some point. I liked that they got right to the nitty gritty and showed lots of gore and blood. I completely agree so far as the fate of the 'Termites'. It was extremely satisfactory to see Carol blow up a ton of zombies and invade like a badass!! I never officially saw that guy get killed, so maybe Rick will run across him later with that machete, honestly that's my hope. Very glad to see Judith reunited with her kin, and Carol and Daryl reunited also.

Don't know how you feel about all the talk about a potential gay character being made known just for the sake of their being a gay character, but I think it's officially not Daryl. I knew he and Carol had some kinda hanky panky goin' on. Lastly... I really want to know what happened to Beth. Surely we'll get there sooner or later...

Carol was a motha-effin' badass. She certainly stole the show. And even if suspension of disbelief was needed for her fireworks accuracy, it was still awesome! :D

Maybe the gay character is Carl. :p Well, long as there is some context and its believable to whoever it is being gay, that's fine,. Not crazy in them forcing things to be politically correct, but oh wells. And yeah, wonder when Beth will come back into the picture...

Carol was a motha-effin' badass. She certainly stole the show. And even if suspension of disbelief was needed for her fireworks accuracy, it was still awesome! :D

Maybe the gay character is Carl. :p Well, long as there is some context and its believable to whoever it is being gay, that's fine,. Not crazy in them forcing things to be politically correct, but oh wells. And yeah, wonder when Beth will come back into the picture...

LOL at first I'm going, 'yeah right, a fire cracker, there's no way she could manage what I know is about to happen' but once I saw it in all it's glory I really didn't care - burning zombies flying through the air for an epic win!! x )

I haven't read any of the comics, but I can see them turning Carl gay or maybe that crazy mofo with the orange hair who's all about getting the extremely smart one to save the world... Yeah, I don't care about folks doing whatever they want in the way of their sexuality IRL, but feeling left out cause there aren't any openly gay characters in your favorite tv show? Seems so silly to me. It's not a romance, it's a zombie show. But like you said, if they can add it in there in a way that makes sense and keep the show to the original genre of horror/survival/zombie flick, I can't be bothered by it.

It's also being made by the same production company that made the films, which I think speaks for itself.

Sounds like we've reached apocalypse levels of zombie telly ;)

Dug out that Lucifer show info, now I see it again, I remember I thought it's got to be a spoof. Have they ever played even "Sympathy for the Devil" on Fox? Things have certainly changed if this succeeds, I recall a story about DC New York HQ getting attacked simply because its address was "666". They had to move in the end iirc.

Finished watching Luther - it's very very good - Idris Elba surprised the hell out of me with his brilliant acting skills - perfect!

Also re-watching Black Mirror by Charlie Brooker, what a master piece.

Here's something interesting: A mocumentary based on War of The Worlds called The Great Martian War. Basically it's a "what if" the Martians invaded in 1914 at the start of World War I. It's weird, yet strangely fascinating at the same time.

Top Bottom