Movies / TV Shows!

+
Lately I'm in love with Mr. Mercedes. S1 was really good and at the end of it I thought S2 will feel somewhat forced, but the screenplay, the acting and the directing are making this show so absolutely fun to watch, though the grim, sometimes macabre notes in it (well, Stephen King, duh). Love how it is shot on a lower budget, but the director made a tremendous job and the show looks nothing less than professional, at the very least.

Also watched "The Dragon Prince" S1 animation on Netflix - actually really fun and chilling, goes really smoothly. Didn't like the final episode, was a bit over the top, but if you want something light and quick, it's really fun to check it out.

Master Chef Australia is the joy of my day… Damn, they can make food. Hmm, I like Game of Thrones, Ive hoped they would make Elder Scroll TV-show after it ends.
Post automatically merged:

I don't understand why people like GOT so much, I found the characters there to be very naive and foolish, I could hardly give a damn about any of them. The world settings are also a huge meh. The books are also progressing very slowly, I fell asleep before something actually happened.

They gotta go mental with the series. Its becoming tedious, like I said earlier, Elder Scroll could boost it up.

Currently waiting for the finale of Better Call Saul season 4. For the uninitiated, it's a prequel to Breaking Bad centered around (you guessed it) the character of Saul Goodman. So far, I found it had quite a lot of surprising turns here and there, considering the final ending of this show is basically known already, since it's a prequel. If you've watched Breaking Bad and enjoyed that, you should definitely check out BCS as well. It's a bit slow at first, but I like to think of that as part of its charm.

Currently waiting for the finale of Better Call Saul season 4. For the uninitiated, it's a prequel to Breaking Bad centered around (you guessed it) the character of Saul Goodman. So far, I found it had quite a lot of surprising turns here and there, considering the final ending of this show is basically known already, since it's a prequel. If you've watched Breaking Bad and enjoyed that, you should definitely check out BCS as well. It's a bit slow at first, but I like to think of that as part of its charm.

Wow, what a season it was. What geniuses Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould. This is the quality other TV series should aspire. Like CDPR and it's games. Another TV serie of the same quality that I completely recommend is Mr. Robot. Worth giving a shot. Won't regret.

Last edited:
I just began viewing Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 (out of 7). I've never watched the show, spare it for a couple of scenes all over, and I can't trust how fun it is despite the fact that it's over 10 years old at this point. It's somewhat mushy, yet soooo pleasant. On the off chance that anybody wants to know, Giles is certainly my most loved character.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently discovered Counterpart. A spycraft show on STARZ. A "when worlds collide" clandestine story about a UN clerk who meets his doppelganger from alternate reality who is basicaly a James Bond. J.K Simmons at his best, only double. He makes this show. Good supporting cast, with Baldwin stealing the show (ah, I love such poor, sad and fragile, multilayer characters... who are badass despite/at top of all :) )

Thoroughly enjoying Jim Carrey's "Kidding" at the moment. Never been a huge fan of his but this show is so fun to watch. Masterful storytelling and top notch acting.

Nothing much to watch of note at the moment except for rewatching older stuff, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing these:

And of course the upcoming Deadwood movie... when ever it's its time.

Guest 4342339

I have finished watching the walking dead and I am very disappointed, each season disappoints me more than the previous one, I was really a fan before

just watched apocalypse now on Netflix, man what a movie and what a performance by both martin sheen and Marlon Brando. such a thrilling movie where you really cant predict whats gonna happen next. i highly recommend it :)

Izombi, done by the same creator of Veronica mars and feels very similar. Fun premise, cool ideas, easy to consume.

Bad times at the el royale. Stylish visual crime film, bit slow but interesting subtle storytelling and a star cast.

I don't know if this film has been mentioned here before, but I really enjoyed THE MACHINE (2013).

It's not perfect, but it raised some interesting ideas and was the only film in recent memory that features normal people, AGI and augmented Transhumans. The interplay between them was cool as each had their own perspectives and agendas. More action oriented than something like EX MACHINA but not at the expense of remaining thought provoking.

Anyone into the Cyberpunk genre could do far worse than giving this a watch.

Netfix has a pretty interesting new show on.

It's called Love, death & robots.

I only watched the first episode "Sonnie's Edge" but i gotta say, it was pretty cyberpunk!

Last edited:
Top Bottom