Movies / TV Shows!

+
All the costume design I've seen thus far looks amateurish and doesn't take historical cues from the books. Witcher is not a high fantasy look, it's firmly rooted in a late medieval aesthetic. Sapkowski should have gone with anyone but Netflix.

All the costume design I've seen thus far looks amateurish and doesn't take historical cues from the books. Witcher is not a high fantasy look, it's firmly rooted in a late medieval aesthetic. Sapkowski should have gone with anyone but Netflix.

Based on the Nilfgaardian Armor vid...I...am forced to agree. Provided it's valid. That just looks...ah...I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. And the actual movement and action for the scene in the foggy forest was...hopefully...just a walkthrough of the the scene...maybe...?

I don't like being negative before I've actually seen the final product, but from a strictly design perspective, most of what I've seen looks more cartoonish and caricatured than "stylized".

Speaking of "not high fantasy but firmly rooted in Medieval realism". I am sorry, but this needed to be posted by me:

Carry on.

Last edited:
This is Temerian armor, apparently. Looks fine to me. Maybe that ugly black armor was used in some sort of test after all.

Watching Netflix's Altered Carbon.

It's a Blade Runner wannabe using cheap aesthetic tricks to cover up a boring storyline, boring characters and lackluster world building. This is obviously another show derived directly from the Netflix algorithm. Maybe in about ten years the Netflix algorithm will have improved enough so that their exclusives will be of higher quality.
I never watched the show, but the book is awesome.

I just rewatch Gossip Girl, love Serena all the time
I started watching that back when it first arrived here. My favourite TV show, The O.C., had recently ended (as in the final episode ever had been seen) and I was looking for a "replacement".

Gossip Girl turned out to be nowhere near as good as The O.C. had been, so I didn't watch more than maybe three episodes in total. I sort of remember the intro but nothing more.

I still miss The O.C. after over a decade...

This shows are the pinnacle of 10/10. I recommended to all of you. If you haven't seen at least one of the ones I will be mentioning. LONG LIST.

TV SHOWS
Philip and Elizabeth Jennings are two KGB spies in an arranged marriage who are posing as Americans in suburban Washington, D.C., shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected president. The couple have two children, teenager Paige and preteen Henry, who are unaware of their parents' true identities.
The Civil War is in the past, but former Confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon can't put it behind him. Fresh are the horrific memories of the death of his wife, killed at the hands of the Union soldiers, an act that sets Bohannon on a course of revenge. This contemporary Western tells the story of his journey, a story that rides on Union Pacific's construction of the first transcontinental railroad.
This series, loosely based Philip K. Dick's novel of the same name, takes a look at what the world might look like had the outcome of World War II turned out differently. In this dystopian scenario, the Axis powers won the war, leading to the United States being divided into three parts, an area controlled by the Japanese, a Nazi-controlled section, and a buffer zone between the two.
Hundreds of years in the future, things are different than what we are used to after humans have colonized the solar system and Mars has become an independent military power. Rising tensions between Earth and Mars have put them on the brink of war.
"Mercy Street" tells the story of doctors, nurses, contraband laborers and Southern loyalists in Union-occupied Alexandria, Va., during the Civil War. The plot centers on two nurses on opposing sides of the war who volunteer at the Mansion House Hospital.
Deputy Raylan Givens has his own, Wild West-style methods of upholding justice, putting him at odds with the criminals he hunts and with his bosses in the U.S. Marshals Service. And an incident prompts his reassignment to the Kentucky district where he grew up. The character is based on one created by author Elmore Leonard in several books and short stories.
Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster.
This series looks at the narcotics scene in Baltimore through the eyes of law enforcers as well as the drug dealers and users. Other facets of the city that are explored in the series are the government and bureaucracy, schools and the news media.
Dr. Kenzou Tenma, an elite neurosurgeon recently engaged to his hospital director's daughter, is well on his way to ascending the hospital hierarchy. That is until one night, a seemingly small event changes Dr. Tenma's life forever.
After being ousted as Dillon High's football coach, Coach Eric Taylor must build a team from the ground up at East Dillon. Eric's wife, Tami, also is challenged in her role as principal at West Dillon, as the parents of students who were zoned out of the district blame her for their kids being thrust into a less-than-desirable situation at East Dillon. While dealing with issues at their respective jobs, Eric and Tami also face challenges in their family life with teenage daughter Julie.

Just saw the photos Cavill posted on his instagram, and I like it very much. The clothing, the sword, the details at Yennifer and Ciri. Everything looks like it will be an expensive production and not just a quick "profit from the hype" thing.

I'm not concerned about Ciri, since the first season will be introductery, so I assume it is way before she became what she is now. At first I didn't pay much attention, but now with proper set photos, I confess it gets me. I heard they plan for the end of the year? That would be very quick.

Top Bottom