Movies / TV Shows!

+
The person playing Geralt has nothing to do with Geralt.
His physique and Face are just not Geralt's (i'm not bashing him , he's just not for that role).
Also , can anyone good with the Lore of the Witcher Universe explain - how does a Dryad get ebony / dark skin , are these types of Dryads coming from a different land than Brokylon?

but I'm super excited about the return of Maverick

I fell asleep watching the trailer. On a more serious note, the trailer (movie) feels unnecessary and just a way for Hollywood to cash in on some classics because they ran out of ideas. I might be wrong and the movie may turn out to be awesome. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

On the topic of reviving Hollywood classics (which has become a trend), Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the few that was actually as good as the original, maybe even transcending it.

Last edited:
Also , can anyone good with the Lore of the Witcher Universe explain - how does a Dryad get ebony / dark skin
Sapkowski has never provided us the description of dryad complexion. The TV portrayal seems to reflect the description from old Polish tabletop RPG, which listed tones such as chestnut, olive, green and red. Chestnut seems to match.
Post automatically merged:

67295776_3594170003942473_4155732741255593984_n.jpg

Guest 3847602

I fell asleep watching the trailer. On a more serious note, the trailer (movie) feels unnecessary and just a way for Hollywood to cash in one some classics because they ran out of ideas. I might be wrong and the movie may turn out to be awesome. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

On the topic of reviving Hollywood classics (which has become a trend), Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the few that was actually as good as the original, maybe even transcending it.
We'll see, I'm getting the right vibes from the trailer, it looks and sounds how Top Gun 2 should, imo.
I'll concede that it's not absolutely necessary to make a sequel to TG, but it feels really nice to have a big budget action movie I'm even remotely interested in seeing. I'll take what I can get... ;)

Also , can anyone good with the Lore of the Witcher Universe explain - how does a Dryad get ebony / dark skin , are these types of Dryads coming from a different land than Brokylon?

The only colour related thing we get in the books from the Dríadas are their different hair colours and the colour of their clothes. That't it. Their skin colour is never mentioned in any way.

Last edited:
The trailer has - finally - arrived:

And it dosen't look half bad, I'm excited.
I like this trailer; i mean it has the original ugly/deformed Yennefer, something we never got to see in the games, but which is an important bit to her personality, so that's rather awesome.

I fell asleep watching the trailer. On a more serious note, the trailer (movie) feels unnecessary and just a way for Hollywood to cash in one some classics because they ran out of ideas. I might be wrong and the movie may turn out to be awesome. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

I didnt see the Maverick coming. Tom Cruise is definitely onto us. I remember when FO76 was about to launch, Mission Impossible 4 Fallout came, now Maverick. Could Tom Cruise be in GTA6? This just isnt coincidence, imho. Hes building hype from game industry for himself, thats just odd. Or maybe it PS4 game.

I frankly love that final sequence with drugged Geraldo de Steroidi and a kikimora in the trailer. Games brought to life.

So what do you think about it?

Well, last night, I watched it and thought: "Sort of like the difference between the Lord of the Rings novels vs. films. They've got a good style, but the tone and energy is way, waaay off the books."

Now, watching it again this morning, I have to say (again, similar to the LotR films) it's got a good energy for the medium it's using. I really appreciate how they seem to be establishing Yennifer. No real problems with the look of it, aside from the framing looking a bit contrived. And the acting looks balanced, if a bit predictable.

Am I going to absolutely fall in love with it the way I did with Game of Thrones? I doubt it. Am I going to enjoy it? I think so!

This was actually a scene from the books. Most likely shortly before the story The Lesser evil.
This is not a scene from the books. Lesser Evil begins with Geralt already dealt with the kikimora. But visually it looks like a scene from the games.

It looks ok. Definitely doesn't strike the unique tone the games do. I also hate the look of the Dryads. It's very generic. And the scrotal armor is in.

Top Bottom