Movies / TV Shows!

+
Best cyberpunk tv series will always be Ghost in the shell 2nd GiG Season 2, not the movie called Individual Eleven which is just a feature length film, its terrible--but Season 2 based on Stand Alone Complex. The stories were written by amazing screenwriters and storyboard artists that spent years in development. it's the last actual serious piece of cyberpunk animation in terms of crafting a great story with characters that felt realistic.
DCzpfDEXkAAwmaO.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
GITSSAC2ndGIG-KeyArtReproductions_Scene_52_c027_2_570x570_crop_top.jpg
51D9i9AsOBL.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobra Kai. Season 1 and 2 were really good, Season 3 took a dip for me but I'm looking forward to season 4. The show is really good and I love the throwbacks to the movies.

I watch tv very little. only for relaxation.
however, if it's for watching, I'll choose a solid program. something that slaps you.
the movie {Collateral} I saw on Tuesday is an example. despite the scriptwriting inconsistencies; the path of the professional killer {or PK} is admirably well reproduced.
just like the excellent {Ghost Dog} for that matter.

My first thought was "This reminds me of Pokémon", and it also reminds me of various kids' cartoons I've watched in the distant past. Not exactly the best impression to get from something that's about the Witcher universe since that universe is definitely not for kids.

I know cartoons are not for children only; the above is just my first (and lingering) impression and association.

My first thought was "This reminds me of Pokémon", and it also reminds me of various kids' cartoons I've watched in the distant past. Not exactly the best impression to get from something that's about the Witcher universe since that universe is definitely not for kids.

I know cartoons are not for children only; the above is just my first (and lingering) impression and association.
You're right :(
But for free, I'll watch it anyway.
Small excerpt from this article :D
Fans are likely to be distracted, however, by just how handsomely Vesemir is drawn—the version they know from The Witcher videogames is always depicted as a very crusty, grumpy old man. Netflix is not trying to hide their pandering to the thirsty fans on this one.

You are difficult :oops:
For me the important things will be the dialogues/story. If it's like "kid anime", yep that will be definitely bad :(

Edit : That's the same for me in the serie with Triss, but I watch it anyway :(
Triss.jpg
Triss_2.png

Last edited:
Not how I imagined young Vesemir,
Indeed. When I saw the reveal during WitcherCon, my reaction was, 'Oh, look, generic anime character # 3.'

I've never been a fan of anime, but this looks even less interesting to me. After all, the chap barely resembles a witcher, even -- just a bit too featureless to make a convincing Vesemir, in my view. Sorry, Netflix, but I still prefer how he looked in the first Witcher game (prefer it to Wild Hunt's version, too.) :
1626904895433.png

Young Vesemir should be wearing that funny old hat of his, since that was the height of fashion in 1112. He should be a country boy who slays monsters and helps beleaguered damsels.
He should also, as they would say in the jargon of the time, go wooing the damsels.

I can practically hear Lambert's voicelines from his Vesemir impersonation during that one quest in my mind. Especially the 1112 one.

Guest 3847602

Can't decide if I want to watch this in the theater at IMAX or just stay home to watch on HBO MAX? Reading the books again.
It's going to be theater for me (unless lockdown returns). Haven't been there in years and I've not been hyped for any other film in almost a decade, so I'll be definitely going out if I can.

Top Bottom