Movies / TV Shows!

+
Forgot that Freaks & Geeks was coming out. Picked it up yesterday.

It never made it to our shores when it first aired.

Gonna binge it this weekend.

Finally joined the Arcane train - definitely one of the best shows on Netflix right now.

Also watched Shang-Chi. Unpopular opinion: I thought the fight scenes were really underwhelming and generic. I was expecting Might Guy levels of OOMPH but nope. Super acrobatic and tricksy, but not much oomph or impact to it.

Speaking of fight scenes, Arcane definitely has the oomph factor!

Just finish watching Cowboy Bebop, it's very good :)
Have started watching it and, oh my! Don't even know. It's like John Woo met R.Rodriguez then introduced themselves to Jackie Brown (I'm only on Ep.2) and their ship reminds me of Firefly - it's a lovely mess so far! Usually really like this kind of stuff, but totally lost in plot and just enjoying the action and characters at the moment. Jet is my favourite character so far :D

I finished Cowboy Bebop and... there's a lot of stuff that I like but something seems off.

Daniella Pineda is brilliant as Faye; she's absolutely nailed the right energy and style of acting for this.

I think Mustafa Shakir and John Cho are well cast too... BUT I struggled to buy their relationship, which I think is a writing issue because it felt like the show couldn't decide if they were supposed to be: 1) like family or 2) partners out of convenience who barely knew each other. I dunno, maybe they should have spent more time trying to build up Spike and Jet's relationship or something.

On top of that, there's a Vicious/Julia/Spike storyline, which kind of overpowers the whole thing in the end. I definitely support trying to update things from the original but, in this case, that particular storyline was super tropey. Whereas all the zaney stuff taken directly from the anime worked really well.

Having said all that, I hope this gets renewed? If only because I think the actors deserve the chance to have a better season.

Top Bottom