Movies / TV Shows!

+
Other than the tragicomedy called "Scuderia Ferrari's Formula 1 Misadventures", I've recently been watching (and finished) House of Cards. A very interesting premise that so utterly falls apart by the end (the decline starting in season 3, really). Still, as far as TV series go, it's one of the better ones - I know it was very popular when it was first coming out, but I never watched it until now.
The American one or the English one?

Both are good, FWIW.

House of the Dragon keeps delivering. I don't think I've ever liked a GOT character as I like Rhaenyra and Daemon :howdy:.

Rings of Power, while definitely not at the same level of quality, is still quite enjoyable. The same can't be said about The Witcher show, sadly

The American one - I was tempted to try out the English one though, so it's on my watchlist for sure.

From what I understand, it's all based on a book, so I might pick that up first :shrug:
The english one is really good. ive only seen 2 seasons of the american one, Kevin Spacey was pretty good but the one in the english one is imo better :D

House of the Dragon keeps delivering. I don't think I've ever liked a GOT character as I like Rhaenyra and Daemon :howdy:.

Rings of Power, while definitely not at the same level of quality, is still quite enjoyable.
Not been a big GOT fan so im probably not gonna see it, has been pretty well recived tho. Seems everybody loves it. Might give it another chance.

I just can not watch Rings of power. It seems it has pretty much nothing too do with the books about the second age. I was very worried before the movies came out too but i was pretty happy with them, probably one of my favorite move series ever now. The hobbit im more skeptical about but it kinda was heavely milked and adds alot of stuff thats not in the story from the start.

The english one is really good. ive only seen 2 seasons of the american one, Kevin Spacey was pretty good but the one in the english one is imo better :D

Not been a big GOT fan so im probably not gonna see it, has been pretty well recived tho. Seems everybody loves it. Might give it another chance.

I just can not watch Rings of power. It seems it has pretty much nothing too do with the books about the second age. I was very worried before the movies came out too but i was pretty happy with them, probably one of my favorite move series ever now. The hobbit im more skeptical about but it kinda was heavely milked and adds alot of stuff thats not in the story from the start.
Rings of Power is inferior to Peter Jackson's take on LOTR, that much is clear. The armors/outfits here look absolutely generic while in Jackson's movies they were amazing and unique. Still, a fun show to watch while waiting for the real payoff House of the Dragon.

I'm also rather disappointed that they chose the era immediately prior to the Battle of the Last Alliance, I would have preferred Children of Hurin/ The Silmarillion (but you'd have to give those to HBO to do them the justice they deserve)

I'm also rather disappointed that they chose the era immediately prior to the Battle of the Last Alliance, I would have preferred Children of Hurin/ The Silmarillion (but you'd have to give those to HBO to do them the justice they deserve)
I think the biggest issue is that they dont really have the rights too anything except LOTR/the hobbit. They have based the entire series on footnotes and references from the book pretty much -.- Kinda hard too make a good series about an age from books you dont have the rights too... I kinda wish they would have gone totally off the path and made a series about the people of south instead.

The trailers for Rings of Power looked so poor that I haven't even bothered watching the show even though I have Prime. It's a shame that studios see the success of GoT and think "let's slap some beloved fantasy setting on a crap product and it'll be a huge success", when GoT had a product that was so good to begin with that it was elevated beyond the typical fantasy target audience, making it the success that it ended up being (later seasons notwithstanding).

House of the Dragon keeps delivering.
I just watched the first episode this past weekend. Phenomenal. That world is a perfect blend of realism and fantasy. He really struck an amazing balance. Plus, they cast that show beautifully! Hopefully, they'll keep this one on-track all the way to the end.

I just watched the first episode this past weekend. Phenomenal. That world is a perfect blend of realism and fantasy. He really struck an amazing balance. Plus, they cast that show beautifully! Hopefully, they'll keep this one on-track all the way to the end.
This show is at the same level as the first 4 seasons of GOT (which were the very best). I was kinda worried that
The character of Criston Cole was getting redeemed/whitewashed compared to his book counterpart
but
Ep 5 proved those fears wrong and confirmed him as what he truly is, the Ted Faro of Westeros
Bravo, GRRM, bravo :howdy:

Screenshot 2022-09-23 123023.jpg

Finally got to watch this one!
It's been pretty great and hit just as heavy as the game. Soo many familiar places.

It's official: Emma D'Arcy is just as good as Rhaenyra as Milly Alcock. I do think HOTD is actually even better than GOT, with even more memorable characters.

Also, isn't Ser Laenor's actor Varl in HZD?

Chapter 7 of House of the Dragon was pure perfection, as always :howdy:

Rhaenyra and Daemon are the most awesome characters in ASOIAF, of that I have no doubt. Heck, I'd even say Daemon looks more like Geralt than Netflix's Geralt...

HOTD is the show of the year for me, as it has demonstrated for the eighth time last chapter. Better than GOT ever was

I was positively surprised by House of the Dragon. I have been able to watch only few episodes so far, but definitely gonna watch more of it. Haven't seen anything LOTR (movies) level amazing in it yet, but definitely good and enjoyable series non the less (and it has DRAGONS!).

Top Bottom