Movies / TV Shows!

+
Finished up Wellington Paranormal last night.

Many laugh out loud moments throughout the four seasons. Tears a couple of times.

Highly recommended.

Lately I've been watching:

Errementari - a Basque fable also known as The Devil and the Blacksmith.

The Pale Blue Eye - gothic horror featuring great cast.

Mr. Queen - Korean comedy/drama; a chef from 2022 wakes up in the body of a queen-to-be during the Joseon dynasty.

I find it overrated tbh
I liked the whole thing very much. I feel like some of the umph of Joels choices in the last episode aren't quite as impactful due to being passive instead of actively involved as a TV viewer. But I very much liked every episode. It's a very good show for me. Definitely very excited for Seasons 2 and 3 to see how they adapt The Last of Us Part 2.

I liked the whole thing very much. I feel like some of the umph of Joels choices in the last episode aren't quite as impactful due to being passive instead of actively involved as a TV viewer. But I very much liked every episode. It's a very good show for me. Definitely very excited for Seasons 2 and 3 to see how they adapt The Last of Us Part 2.
Joel did nothing wrong :howdy:. The Fireflies are a bunch of shitheads who got it coming.

Personally been watching Perry Mason, Succession (final season), and Yellowjackets. Yellowjackets is probably my favorite of the three currently, with Succession not so far behind. Perry Mason has a tendency to get plain depressing which I really don’t need in my life.

Joel did nothing wrong :howdy:. The Fireflies are a bunch of shitheads who got it coming.
It kind of depends on perspective, doesn't it? I'm sure The Fireflies would consider it "wrong".

I'm not sure I saw quite eye to eye with the concept of that particular moral dilemma though. It's painted as if the choices are save Ellie or humanity. The trouble is we're talking about a post-apocalyptic world where society has largely collapsed and the masses have reverted to small scale tribe mentality. Power struggles, fighting over resources, morally questionable actions abounds. I find it unlikely any of that would go away overnight. Even if a reliable cure was discovered, developed and could be distributed. None of which was a sure thing.

In any case, I enjoyed The Last of Us. The pacing was a little weird but I can see what they were going for with it.

Personally been watching Perry Mason, Succession (final season), and Yellowjackets. Yellowjackets is probably my favorite of the three currently, with Succession not so far behind. Perry Mason has a tendency to get plain depressing which I really don’t need in my life.
I guess I'm getting too old, but watching Perry Mason played by somebody other than Raymond Burr just seems ... wrong.

Saying that makes me feel less guilty about claiming that the U.S. version of Godzilla, focused around the dubbed in Burr, was a dismal re-edit of the stellar Japanese original.

That's why adults need to make the decisions. Those sons of bitches were going to kill a little girl to get their cure. Got what they deserved.
Nah.

Nobody's whose making the choices is clearly right in that situation. They're all willing to murder for their own selfish desires towards what they consider to be ultimately noble ends. It's literally the Tolly Car dilemma. That's why it's a philosophical dilemma, there is no good answer. The Fireflies are willing to kill one to save many, and Joel is willing to kill many to save one whom he cares about. Both are morally and ethically questionable. That's part of what makes it interesting.

Top Bottom