Movies / TV Shows!

+
Which is stupid, since it all predicates on the fact that they wanted high end treatment centers which weren't covered in their insurance plans- meaning they actually were covered, and since that wasn't during the bad old HMO days (which we're now entering again), public school teacher union benefits are likely to have been very generous. The equivalent in Europe is someone saying that they're too good for the national health service and want X private provider instead, and have to make meth to afford it.

Not that this would stop anyone trying to make cheap political points in Hollywood.

Yesterday I watched The Walking Dead s04e14, and I really liked opening, looks like someone there is Fallout 3 fan :D

Check out FREE TO PLAY film by Vavle. It's really nice, emotional and inspiring. :)
Not just about Dota 2 and video games, it's more about following your dreams. You can download it via steam for free (as the name also says) or watch it on youtube on their official channel

A good episode of Vikings. King Ecbert is a nice foil to Ragnar, definitely no dummy. And Lagertha...oh how do I love thee? She is one of my favorite kick ass females characters right now, both vulnerable and strong. And self sacrificing. Ragnar better ditch the pansy princes and bring that woman back into his life.

Okay, I understand that to be gritty and dark you want to stick a monochrome filter on your cameras, but for fucks sake give it a rest now directors. We may as well go back to black and white with the overuse of this colour draining effect.

Yeah Vikings was great and Justified was just kickass. Now onto today's (or yesterday or tomorrow depending on where you live lol) Hannibal :D

Okay, I understand that to be gritty and dark you want to stick a monochrome filter on your cameras, but for fucks sake give it a rest now directors. We may as well go back to black and white with the overuse of this colour draining effect.
Seconded, it's just so damn annoying.

Was it that bad in Vikings? Maybe I didn't notice it. I know the earlier episodes were more colorful but that's partly down to the locations they were showing, which were more verdant. Anyway, I feel the series is getting stronger, now I just want the badass one-on-one fight scenes back.

Don't know i've not seen Viking's yet Slim, not had the chance to pick up the BluRay or DVD, I was just commenting about its overuse on films in general.

Usually I am not one to grumble about movies before I've even seen them. And I can enjoy movies that are objectively bad, but this trailer was really awful. I never was a turtles fan, but I enjoyed watching them now and then as a child. But these CGI things just look horrifying in the weirdest possible way.

That Ninja Turtles movie looks like shit. And you're telling me the narrator is Shredder? I can already tell he's going to be awful.

This is Shredder:

Loved the last episode of Vikings. The dialog and characterization have gotten so much better. Great battle scenes but they still have to tone down the screen shake, damn the innovator who came up with that. Every character is on their own set path because they all decide their own fate, a stark contrast to those on mainland Europe. The standouts continue to be Athelstan and Lagertha. Poor friggin' Athelstan can't catch a break. I hope Hirst has him eventually escape from any sort of bondage.

Last edited:
Watched it myself. It was quite something. Vikings has the best battle scenes of any medieval show or movie I've ever seen.

Top Bottom