Movies / TV Shows!

+
Breaking Bad is infinitely better than GoT (as a show, not necessarily the books), in almost every way.

It's more entertaining, it's never boring (to me anyways), it's funnier, it's more intense, it has a vastly stronger cast of characters (again, the show not the books), and is significantly more intelligent in handling character development not only in the main character but also side characters (think Hank, Jesse, Skyler, Mary, even Guss to an extent).

GoT is a sophisticated soap for geeks, geeks wannabe and/or people discovering fantasy.

I have to agree with this. I was talking to my cousin, who legit watches The Bold and the Beautiful, about GoT, and I basically told him that GoT is like B&B, except the main cast dies all the time. That's when I realised that there's still enough political and fantasy elements to hold my attention, but I feel like the series is going the House MD way - really cool at the start, but too much soap as it goes on.

Breaking Bad is terrific. ASoIaF started to loose its coolness for me around the middle of book 3, and definitely in books 4 and 5. TV Show is right at this point, but I hope its creators will be able to keep the story flowing, and, with all the changes they made, make it really good. I am not going to be up in arms about Jamie's sexual assault, because for me throwing a kid from the tower, strangling his own cousin with chains, and sticking a dagger into a man's eye is worse that sticking his dick into his de facto wife for 15 years, without her consent. Jamie is not a good man from the start, period. Whoever is waiting for him to turn into a white knight are delusional. Besides that, this episode was actually pretty nice. I am commited to watching this show to the bitter end because it is rather interesting what TV people can do with a mess of the books 4-5, and beyond, without any books as a source to begin with.

I have to agree with this. I was talking to my cousin, who legit watches The Bold and the Beautiful, about GoT, and I basically told him that GoT is like B&B, except the main cast dies all the time. That's when I realised that there's still enough political and fantasy elements to hold my attention, but I feel like the series is going the House MD way - really cool at the start, but too much soap as it goes on.

The show needs more action and in spots, faster pacing. Still has some of the best acting and dialog around though. It's beautifully shot as well.

last week i watched all five seasons of breaking bad in 5 days,and it was awesome :)
i liked how they had the courage to stop after season 5 and not milk it ,and end it so well.

Last edited:
it's alright, apart from the fact that the dangerous badass is played by a middle aged man of approximately 120lbs with a silly haircut

Always seems to be that kind of blokes whose got a few chopped up hookers in his basement though, and you always have the neighbours saying, "He was such a nice man."

Forgive me here, but Breaking Bad is vastly overrated, too much hype in this age of social media and what not.
FX's Fargo is really good 2 episodes down, and I liked it much more than the movie.

And.. that Vikings episode!
At this point Vikings > GoT.

Ragnar would have totally pwned Westeros. He's a true visionary, a true king.
Now I'm reading up when does that dam Horik winds up dead LOL (terrific actor btw, did a great job at Sons of Anarchy and can't wait to see him in Gotham)

Had an easy day off, watched the Searcher's this afternoon, fucking classic. I know that westerns are simple tales and hardly innovative, but they tackle issues head on, they have stunning cinematography and absolutely magnificent stuntwork. Pity genre's fairly dead.

I should probably give Vikings another chance, I watched ten minutes of it a year ago and didn't like the "Scandinavian" accents and just quit , but all this talk about it is quite intriguing...

Vikings, awesome battles. Large scale fighting, terrain considerations, flanking maneuvers.

It was a great episode. So much happens in each episode and that's what I like about the show. I sense grim days ahead for Floki if he's foolish enough to carry out any plans by Horik. Ragnar already made his stance clear in classic Ragnar style: a knowing glance and a few harsh words. Loved it.

Found this classy pic, with the best bit of dialog in the show:

Last edited:
If the series goes on to recount the events after Ragnar's death in the Ormgarth, then I expect that the Atheling has got to be an interesting character, Alfred was an amazing person. A man totally unprepared for rulership, a pious man who pilgrimaged to Rome and sincerely wanted to follow his god, a conquerer who drove back the Danes from guerilla warfare to open battle, a literary man who ordered his age documented in the Anglo Saxon chronicles and knew that this was an important aspect for a nation, a foeman whom even his enemies respected, and of course a father whose famous son and daughter regained England and divided it between them.

Even more interesting is his grandson Athelstan who united all of Great Britain.

Edit: On the Viking side we have equally great figures, Cnut lord of the north, Hardrada, Saint Olaf, Ivar the Boneless etcetera. Then again i'm biased obviously.

Last edited:
Previous Game of Thrones episode defenders: Oh I am sure Jaime raping Cersei will lead their relationship in a very different direction then it was in the books.

Newest GoT episode: NOPE.

Ok, so i like the new GoT episode a little bit more than the previous one .. the only thing which was really off, was that i was hoping that Cersei would had something to say to Jaime after the last scene between them in previous episode, but no.. it just seems as the scene wasn't any important or had any impact.. but overall, a hour good spent (i know the difference even in this episode from the books, but i don't take them tragically, because i didn't read them to this day)

Top Bottom