Movies / TV Shows!

+
Yeah Danny has gotten ridiculous, a real writer's darling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of an adaptation to make the content work in a new medium? Dragging shit out just gets old in a TV series. Yet here they are, "we're gonna deliver in another 3 episodes, just you wait!" the show at this point could be called 'Tits, ruthless bastards and cliff hangers.' It's still good but for chrissake there are so many pointless scenes. I'll take one exchange between Jamie and Cersei over ten hours of Daenerys.

Dare to elaborate?
:mean:

I'm not exactly sure what is your problem with this line.
It's not so much the line but the delivery by the actress, it just comes off as extremely fake and childish, makes me want to cringe. It comes off as it said by someone who doesn't really have much of an idea how the world works and lives in a mind-fantasy where the world is black and white. Which is quite contrary to a character that was pretty much 'donated' to horselords for breeding. It refers to her dialogues and delivery in general not this particular line.

Last edited:
She does look like a character made to appeal young females who like poneys and daring princesses with daddy issues.
Is she like that in the book?

Oh, and the whole part with Bran and his friends (Hermione, Ron and Hagrid) is annoying as well.
That's not a very good advertisement for the book.

:mean:

It's not so much the line but the delivery by the actress, it just comes off as extremely fake and childish, makes me want to cringe. It comes off as it said by someone who doesn't really have much of an idea how the world works and lives in a mind-fantasy where the world is black and white. Which is quite contrary to a character that was pretty much 'donated' to horselords for breeding. It refers to her dialogues and delivery in general not this particular line.

I'm not native English speaker, so many phrases I use are based on my visual memory, but that doesn't mean they are always correct.

Back to the Daenerys, I think it was completely intentional. She reject ser Barristan words of wisdom and he gives her this scared look, like he was afraid that she follow in her father footsteps. Then she cruci... signify the masters, while ominous music is playing. It's not supposed to look heroic or badass, it just show us that she's becoming more self righteous and pride thanks to the people treating her like a goddess and a savior. She really believes that she's bringing justice to this lands and can't be wrong at anything. In other words, she's really see everything in black and white, which ultimately may lead to her doom.

I'm not native English speaker, so many phrases I use are based on my visual memory, but that doesn't mean they are always correct.
Me either, but I was just making a joke. To clear it up the phrase would be "Care to elaborate", "dare" would mean you are challenging me as if to fight :p

Back to the Daenerys, I think it was completely intentional. She reject ser Barristan words of wisdom and he gives her this scared look, like he was afraid that she follow in her father footsteps. Then she cruci... signify the masters, while ominous music is playing. It's not supposed to look heroic or badass, it just show us that she's becoming more self righteous and pride thanks to the people treating her like a goddess and a savior. She really believes that she's bringing justice to this lands and can't be wrong at anything. In other words, she's really see everything in black and white, which ultimately may lead to her doom.
It may be intentional but it just feels poorly done, I now think it just may be the actress trying too hard and falling flat, everytime Daenrys is on screen I just get turned off and bored because nothing really happens in her parts that really... moves forward per se it just feels to mundane and boring.

Honestly in the books Danny does the same thing without the cringeworthy delivery of those lines. Emily Clarke is an inexperienced actress and it shows.

How would you guys feel if they changed Dany's actress midway? kinda like a timeskip thing where they find a look a like that looks a bit older

I'm tired of Dany being short and childlike every time I see her

Watched some movies recently. Enter the Void, a psychedelic trip of lights and movement made movie, illustrating the journey of a life that is not yet done with earth. Lots of weirdness and some violence, trademark of Gaspar Noe. Beyond the Black Rainbow, an extended music video full of symbolism about a failed psychological research facility. Looks like it was made in the late 70's, in acting, camera work and art. Will probably watch again. Additionally I want to recommend the second short movie in the collection "Doomsday Book", a "movie" consisting of three short korean movies. The second one is about a defective android who lives in a buddhist temple and is treated like a brother by his fellow monks, who believe he has achieved enlightenment and is in fact the buddha.

Gotta love how some of these weird movies are actually quite creative and get such low scores on IMDB.

How would you guys feel if they changed Dany's actress midway? kinda like a timeskip thing where they find a look a like that looks a bit older

I'm tired of Dany being short and childlike every time I see her

Won't do f***-all to save the character; all it will do is make another actress look bad. The problem is not Emilia Clarke. She can look and play much more mature than that, and she has done so in enough productions to make that claim well founded. The problem is the costuming, writing, direction, filming, and editing that make her look childish. Another actress in the same place would fare just as badly.

Won't do f***-all to save the character; all it will do is make another actress look bad. The problem is not Emilia Clarke. She can look and play much more mature than that, and she has done so in enough productions to make that claim well founded. The problem is the costuming, writing, direction, filming, and editing that make her look childish. Another actress in the same place would fare just as badly.

I thought Emilia Clarke never worked on anything before and was fresh out of acting school, that's what I remember

costumes is okay sometimes they fuck up, the writing direction and filming suck most of the time yeah. They change directors so some eps are good some aren't.

I thought Emilia Clarke never worked on anything before and was fresh out of acting school, that's what I remember

costumes is okay sometimes they fuck up, the writing direction and filming suck most of the time yeah. They change directors so some eps are good some aren't.

Comes from a theatre family. I think she's been on stage since she was three. Anyway, she's been able to pull down awards for a hopeless part; her colleagues think she's doing all right, and they know good acting in the face of bad writing.

GOT does seem to be getting spotty this season. I need to tell myself to breathe deep and relax before each show, because I rarely come away satisfied that enough happened. Well here's the promo for the finale of Vikings. Horik is desperate. He's afraid of Ragnar. I see Floki dying and maybe one of Ragnar's younger sons as well. Horik asks Siggy to do the deed, but she's not rash and foolish. Floki, however, is.

Vikings seems to be really good considering all the buzz going on here. I totally missed that one. Heard of it when it started and it all sounded like a bit of riding the GOT-bandwagon and grabbing some cash while at it. Now I'm intrigued, but even with three different VoD services at my disposal, none offer it. All that licensing stuff is major bullsh*t and desperately needs to be renewed to fit the international and diverse market that the internet is.

Top Bottom