Movies / TV Shows!

+
Oh, I am watching it, all right. It deviates quite heavily from the books, but in the way I like it. I am really excited for the next seasons because the best books are (nearly) done, with just two more episodes to go, while the last two books are sort of a mess. I hope this show will condense things in a meaningful way, cut off all the fluff and unnecessary characters, make the last three-four seasons epic, and finish the damn thing at last.
I like this season. It is more involved than the last one, with more action and memorable moments. No complains from me now, the screenwriters are doing a good job.

GoT's episode summary:

I think that the effects were really good.. sansa looked good in that dress :).. the story about the uncle and the beetles was too long, and they could make that fight scene a little longer, but man, that ending.. it really pissed me off ( and that's why i like this show :D ).. i was ok with Ned losing his head (basically that was the moment when i was "ok, i think i'm going to like this show :D" but this ending was too much for me..

I think that the effects were really good.. sansa looked good in that dress :).. the story about the uncle and the beetles was too long, and they could make that fight scene a little longer, but man, that ending.. it really pissed me off ( and that's why i like this show :D ).. i was ok with Ned losing his head (basically that was the moment when i was "ok, i think i'm going to like this show :D" but this ending was too much for me..

but the gore effects were way too exaggerated; heads don't explode like that unless explosives were used. I would've liked it more if he just punched his face to death after the whole eye thing.

guipit : Yeah, i understand that.. but when i watch that scene again, it doesn't look like his head exploded.. it would be really strange when only pieces of his head would be there, but it seems like only his forehead and higher was broken - smashed, but nothing like through explosives.. they could make it more realistic, but i'm still fine the way that it looks right now.. it looks really horrifying and the screams from Oberyn and Ellaria are painfull

I saw it coming the more the Viper prolonged the fight. Jesus that was brutal. So...

Did the mountain die as well or did he just collapse from his injuries?

I saw it coming the more the Viper prolonged the fight. Jesus that was brutal. So...

Did the mountain die as well or did he just collapse from his injuries?

Agonizing death by poison. Don't fuck with Oberyn. He's cocky, but he's also thorough. Was.

What do you think about Dany in TV show? Is it just my perception or they make her look like a brainless spoiled child in every damn episode? In the books her falling out with Jorah had more sense, and she would have forgiven him right away, but he just couldn't shut up. Now she does not even think that when he was spying on her, she was just a stranger to him, but he saved her more than once, and was with her through thick and thin. I don't mind their presentation, but I have no idea where they are going with her character development because if to compare her to other characters who actually were given extra-time and proper treatment, with Dany it looks like a character assassination. Behaving like an idiot teenager, what a hell is she going to do in Westeros, even with her dragons?

Dany, in the TV series anyway, hasn't shown an ability to compromise or see the nuance in situations. Which is fine, but they need to show the consequence of that. So far she's not paid a bit for being so idealistic and rigid in her thinking, while some of the smartest and craftiest characters are dropping like flies.

What do you think about Dany in TV show? Is it just my perception or they make her look like a brainless spoiled child in every damn episode? In the books her falling out with Jorah had more sense, and she would have forgiven him right away, but he just couldn't shut up. Now she does not even think that when he was spying on her, she was just a stranger to him, but he saved her more than once, and was with her through thick and thin. I don't mind their presentation, but I have no idea where they are going with her character development because if to compare her to other characters who actually were given extra-time and proper treatment, with Dany it looks like a character assassination. Behaving like an idiot teenager, what a hell is she going to do in Westeros, even with her dragons?

but she is an idiot teenager

Stannis is the true king of Westeros. He was on of the first to go up the battlements in blackwater bay and fought on the walls

also he played Thomas Jefferson in the one tv show so yeah..

Last edited:
It was painfull to watch that last scene. :sick:
Since CDPR guys is a big fans of the show, it's interesting if we will see something like that in The Witcher 3...

Finished Breaking Bad a few weeks back. Now True Detective, too. Any recommendations? How's Walking Dead? I tried the first episode of The Sopranos, but it's tough watching a series about a criminal after Breaking Bad. It didn't captivate me. Then again, it was just the first episode.

I don't suppose that this thread would mind web series? Here's the first episode of Spooked from Geek & Sundry. I didn't mind it, but what do you lot think?

EDIT: This is for Reptile! :evil::devil:

Last edited:
That last episode of Game of Thrones was probably my least favorite episode thus far. It felt very "been there, done that" because of how similar it seemed to the Blackwater episode in season 2, and it didn't even have any characters like Tyrion or Joffrey to make things more interesting between the action. I almost wish they had swapped episode 8 and 9 because 8 had more interesting stuff happening in it.

Probably not a good sign when an hour of solid action ends up being boring.

Well, I hate to be the contrarian, but I loved it. Seemed like 5 minutes long it was so action packed and suspenseful. Finally an episode that doesn't skip around. And fucking giants. And Mammoths. Some fantasy elements at last. I've long bitched that the series doesn't have enough action and this last show delivered. At least for me. Goddamn Jon Snow is my man.

GoT:

This might have been said here before but The Wildlings are so like the germanic barbarian tribes. Overall, i thought the siege was good but not that great and Grenn and Pyp was not supposed to die. In the books till DWD, they survived. D & D with their fuckery of shock value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom