Movies / TV Shows!

+
Well, I hate to be the contrarian, but I loved it. Seemed like 5 minutes long it was so action packed and suspenseful. Finally an episode that doesn't skip around. And fucking giants. And Mammoths. Some fantasy elements at last. I've long bitched that the series doesn't have enough action and this last show delivered. At least for me. Goddamn Jon Snow is my man.
I thought it was pretty exciting. Pyp dying was my least favorite part because Ygritte is staring right at Sam and doesn't take another shot? It makes Jon and Sam look like Marty Stu's. All in all it was good, though. I love me the wildlings anyway. A desperate struggle to survive bred by centuries of mistrust- the Wall wasn't meant to keep them out, that was just a consequence.

Then there was this.

LOL

Last edited:
Not a bad finale. I still get annoyed that every character is capable of the most extreme behavior...
Tyrion killing Shay seemed out of character for him. And by Killing Tywin he's fucked Jamie, who took a risk in setting him free.
Brienne is a grade A badass. Loved that fight. Not sure what to make of Arya at this stage.

Still doesn't make it any more convincing to me. And that should be in spoiler tags.

Yep. This is where the books went to shit for me. It was contrived and completely out of character for EVERYONE involved. Tywin suddenly turning a hypocrite kind of destroyed his rather tragic love story (the man did not even re-married after his wife died, even though with one son being a kingsguard, and the second one being hated so much it was in his and his house' best interests). If Stark are defined by honor, all Lannisters (Tywin and his three kids) without exception are defined by love. But they all are examples of love ran amok, a great feeling perverted and turned into a monstrous thing in one way or another. Martin should have found a better way to off Tywin. In any case, the last three books are nowhere near to the quality of the first three, with no characters of a similar magnitude. Kind of makes me wonder how TV show will deal with this.

I quite strongly disagree. Tyrion in the books was in a great deal of emotional distress at that point, Jaime really dropped the ball with Tysha there by telling Tirion the truth at the point.

Combine that with Shae betraying and lying at the trial then yes he would kill her.

I quite strongly disagree. Tyrion in the books was in a great deal of emotional distress at that point, Jaime really dropped the ball with Tysha there by telling Tirion the truth at the point.

Combine that with Shae betraying and lying at the trial then yes he would kill her.

^So much this. Tyrion killing Tywin in the books made much more sense than this one.

so Varys is going to Essos. We won't have Kevan Lannister antics going on next season??

Also fucking darth vader music with Stannis, why do they paint him as the villain all the time

so Varys is going to Essos. We won't have Kevan Lannister antics going on next season??
Yep. Given that we did not get lady Stoneheart at all, it is a very minor offense. And it would be repetitive. How many guys can you possibly sneak upon and shut with a cross bow before it becomes ridiculous? :)
Anyway, we should get used to it. The last seasons will be practically unrecognizable, so many things they will have to cut. Which is good. It will be hard to wait for a whole frigging year.

Last edited:
The 5th season wont be the last one, they renewed with HBO for 5th and 6th. With a 8th book in the works there's bound to be like 9 seasons.
You mean 7th and final book, no?

1) Game of Thrones
2) Clash of Kings
3) Storm of Swords
4) Feast for Crows
5) Dance with Dragons
6) Winds of Winter (speculated to be released at Q1 2015)
7) Dream of Spring - final book.

That's the form of the series for many years, unless there's been a update recently about an 8th book, which I haven't heard about?

You mean 7th and final book, no?

1) Game of Thrones
2) Clash of Kings
3) Storm of Swords
4) Feast for Crows
5) Dance with Dragons
6) Winds of Winter (speculated to be released at Q1 2015)
7) Dream of Spring - final book.

That's the form of the series for many years, unless there's been a update recently about an 8th book, which I haven't heard about?

There's a strong rumour for a 8th book, nothing has been confirmed nor denied.

GRRM wants to have 7 books. He said 7 gods 7 kingdoms shit like that so he's aiming for 7

yeah, that is what he said before. About two weeks ago rumors started circulating about the 8th book. Check on-line, you'll find all about it.

But TV show won't be longer than 8 seasons, the producers told it in complete confidence. In some article it was mentioned that they went to GRRM and discusses fates of the characters, and the ending of the series. So the last FOUR seasons will be very condensed and heavily modified.

By the way, it won't surprise me if GRRM will drop dead before publishing even book 5. He is old, and I doubt that in good health. About the rest - well, guy is doing tours all the time, and he refuses to write anything when he is not in his house, at his DOS computer. I wouldn't hold my breath about series being finished in book form. But at least we'll have HBO.

Could someone please explain to me what happened in the last two minutes of GOT? From ...
...Arya going to the ship's captain until the closing credits. What was the "iron medallion" thingie and why did he agree to take her north?

I haven't read the books, and I'm avoiding doing so as long as it's on TV. I think I like it better when it's a surprise. But I got lost for a moment there.

By the way, it won't surprise me if GRRM will drop dead before publishing even book 5.

You mean book six. Honestly I think people exaggerate on the whole affair. Yes he fucked up on book 4 and 5 because he didn't have a plan, well he had one then scrapped it and then started from scratch but show watchers in my opinion should STFU about it.

You mean book six. Honestly I think people exaggerate on the whole affair. Yes he fucked up on book 4 and 5 because he didn't have a plan, well he had one then scrapped it and then started from scratch but show watchers in my opinion should STFU about it.

Yeah, books 6, 7, and, apparently, 8.

Well, in articles about TV show they started to write that the further seasons to come will be inspired by GRRM books. So whether the books will be published, or not, is pretty much irrelevant. If they ever appear, we'll have two different version of the same saga. HBO is good on their promises, so it is good to know that we will get at least a TV version for sure, unless a meteorite strikes the earth, or we'll have a zombie apocalypse, or something equally bad happens.

Could someone please explain to me what happened in the last two minutes of GOT? From ...
...Arya going to the ship's captain until the closing credits. What was the "iron medallion" thingie and why did he agree to take her north?

I haven't read the books, and I'm avoiding doing so as long as it's on TV. I think I like it better when it's a surprise. But I got lost for a moment there.

Valar Morghulis coin she got from Jaqhen Hagar before he changed faces, any Braavosi will aid a bearer who speaks the words.

Top Bottom