Movies / TV Shows!

+
yeah, that is what he said before. About two weeks ago rumors started circulating about the 8th book. Check on-line, you'll find all about it.

But TV show won't be longer than 8 seasons, the producers told it in complete confidence. In some article it was mentioned that they went to GRRM and discusses fates of the characters, and the ending of the series. So the last FOUR seasons will be very condensed and heavily modified.

By the way, it won't surprise me if GRRM will drop dead before publishing even book 5. He is old, and I doubt that in good health. About the rest - well, guy is doing tours all the time, and he refuses to write anything when he is not in his house, at his DOS computer. I wouldn't hold my breath about series being finished in book form. But at least we'll have HBO.
That really means nothing to me. The finale was alright, but it's GRRM's version or nothing at all IMO.

Yep, we discussed it quite a bit when it was running. Looking forward to season 2 even if I really want to ditch HBO, for all their political preachiness.

Our lass has had me watching this Mentalist program, bit too simple and everybody's a bit too good looking, apart from that it's allright. The lead agent in the CBI has a face that's just made for a thirties era femme fatale, pity they don't make Noir much anymore, and usually it loses the point when they do. I like Cho immensely.

Edit: I used to know a lad who we called the Mentalist, very different from Jane though.

I haven't noticed anything too shady about HBO, what political preachiness have I been missing?
Every other movie is some social justice docudrama, I turn it on and have to hear Bill Maher's smug voice which is like nails on a chalkboard, and even the new Daily Show knockoff is preachy at times.

Our lass has had me watching this Mentalist program, bit too simple and everybody's a bit too good looking, apart from that it's allright. The lead agent in the CBI has a face that's just made for a thirties era femme fatale, pity they don't make Noir much anymore, and usually it loses the point when they do. I like Cho immensely.

Edit: I used to know a lad who we called the Mentalist, very different from Jane though.

How far have you got? The first few episodes were pretty shallow, from memory, but it gets better. Unless you're totally against it, I'd give it at least half a season before deciding. And Cho is STILL brilliant :)

I'm generally liking it, really reminds me of Derren Brown.

[video=youtube;gi-ugW6n2e4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-ugW6n2e4[/video]

Looks like adapting Bram Stoker has become fashionable again! I tell you, Hollywood are completely bankrupt of ideas (Of course, we all knew that anyway)!

Looks like it would be alright for DVD Night with a few beers but not much else!

Be nice if they actaully made a film of the real mans life rather than the myth, guess nobody's interested in that though, at least in Hollywood.

Be nice if they actaully made a film of the real mans life rather than the myth, guess nobody's interested in that though, at least in Hollywood.

That is something I would definitely watch. Unfortunately historical stuff, as a rule, is believed by Hollywood execs to be boring and not profitable so they tend to ignore it. Vlad III was involved in some crazy stuff in real life and some of it is far scarier than the myths told about him.

Looks like adapting Bram Stoker has become fashionable again! I tell you, Hollywood are completely bankrupt of ideas (Of course, we all knew that anyway)!

Looks like it would be alright for DVD Night with a few beers but not much else!

This is actually a fantastic premise, focusing on the real life Vlad Tepes and turning him into a vampire. *The idea that Vlad had to become a monster to play his role as ruler is arguably true. Too bad It'll be over the top Hollywood crap in the end.

*We need a certain Romanian bear to comment here.

Last edited:
This is actually a fantastic premise, focusing on the real life Vlad Tepes and turning him into a vampire. *The idea that Vlad had to become a monster to play his role as ruler is arguably true. Too bad It'll be over the top Hollywood crap in the end.

*We need a certain Romanian bear to comment here.

Which one? There are a few Romanians on the forum If I'm not mistaken..

Last edited:
I can't believe it, they censored this poster because... you can barely see a butt.

What.

Yeah, will have to agree with that. Do like the premise and actors (Charles Dance as a vampire, Oh God!) but looks very cheesy and will most likely be a poor action-fest and nothing more.

Top Bottom