Movies / TV Shows!

+
It's a shame every time Hollywood ruins a good comic book series, unfortunately it happens way too often, especially with lesser known titles. I've read way too few Dylan Dog comics, but I liked them. You might like Dellamorte Dellamore, it's an Italian movie based on a novel by Dylan Dog's author, and it's more DD than the DD movie... also what's up with that guy and DD initials? Oh, and it's campy as all hell. But there's a certain charm to it.

Hi Dona! Yes I have seen Dellamorte Dellamore years ago, the Dylan Dog movie that is not the Dylan Dog movie in practice, although I have not liked it so much but at least is deliberately trashy, collegiate and funny, some scenes are amazing, and with an ending more DYD-style... well... a typical Sclavi's ending, in fact.

However, this movie is light and pleasant to watch, even if it is nonsense. I've always wanted Rupert Everett as Dylan, in fact the physical aspect of Dylan is clearly inspired by him. I have to read the book however, but it's impossible to find °_°
I know there's an issue where Dylan and Francesco meet, lol
When Tiziano Sclavi created this comic in 1986 he had recently watched a movie with Rupert Everett starring and he got the idea.

Out of curiosity, which issues did you read? :p

Watched that Rise of the Planet of the Apes on the telly with our Gert, it were dogs bollocks, can't wait for this next one. I'd intentionally not watched it until now as I was a bit wary following the Tim Burton abortion, and the original Charlton Heston one's a favourite of mine. But this was a bit Frankensteinish and respectful of the first film, they even had a spaceship going to Mars shown on the news which I assume was Heston's.

Hmh? A black dude will play a white dude? And a skinny guy a fat one? But they got the Sand Sisters, which is cool, since I was under the impression they would mold them into one or two persons.

Supposedly they'll have a hundred ships and 30,000 warriors for the Paris invasion. The producers will need to shell out some serious cash for production this season.

I like Arrow, but I don't like the technique of splitting it between current times and flashback, which I suspect will continue in the future seasons. It breaks up the pacing too much.

I like Arrow, but I don't like the technique of splitting it between current times and flashback, which I suspect will continue in the future seasons. It breaks up the pacing too much.

I , too, like Arrow, but the soap opera drama turned me off. A lot. I watch it in small doses. And then they turned his trainer from a wizened mean old bastard to a super-cute girl and I winced hard.

I , too, like Arrow, but the soap opera drama turned me off. A lot. I watch it in small doses. And then they turned his trainer from a wizened mean old bastard to a super-cute girl and I winced hard.

I have the advantage of not knowing the source material, which often helps in these cases.
But talking of soap opera drama, I never did manage to finish watching Angel. Why do so many series plummet in quality during the final couple of seasons?

I have the advantage of not knowing the source material, which often helps in these cases.
But talking of soap opera drama, I never did manage to finish watching Angel. Why do so many series plummet in quality during the final couple of seasons?

That's because they've already used up all the best ideas by that point, so they use mediocre ideas in order to plug the creative gap without realizing that they have just signed their show's death warrant.

Well at least for Angel I remember an interview where the cancellation happened by surprise, they were getting good ratings and had been there years then boom, canceled with like 3 episodes left to film for the season. So I remember it being said that they had to quickly pull everything back in to tie up loose ends that they planned to flush out in upcoming seasons.

But yeah a lot of shows go off in crazy directions that don't make sense. I remember loving the first season of Revenge, really felt like a Debutante Punisher character. After the first season it got more and more soap opera style plots and crazy over the top music and twists. "lets bring this character back to life and that character back to life" "here is a long lost family member" "what about a few amnesia plot lines?" I wouldn't be surprised if next season they revealed someone's 'evil twin' at this point.

Or Dexter got a brand new show runner half way through its run so the last few seasons of Dexter turn into some nonsense plots that have nothing to do with the first half of the show.

On a recommendation note, last year for the first time ever I saw an older comedy called Barney Miller. I can't recommend this one enough and the first 4 seasons are on Netflix.

I never heard of it as it's entire run came and went before I was even born but a lot of the comedy holds up. I'd say it's a lot better than many currently airing sitcoms. I'm looking at you Two and a Half Men! haha. I've had to push some friends and family into seeing this older comedy but when they finally see it they like it as much as I do and we all wonder why that was never on reruns yet growing up we all saw a million episodes of "Gilligan's Island" and "Brady Bunch" that are significantly less funny.

If the battles of the 2nd movie are any clue, I expect the actual battle of the Five Armies to feature an intermission.

EDIT: I noticed the word "movie" was tagged as misspelled. Curious I saw my spell checker was set to English: United Kingdom. Surely the word "movie" is not "American", or is it? :p

If the battles of the 2nd movie are any clue, I expect the actual battle of the Five Armies to feature an intermission.

EDIT: I noticed the word "movie" was tagged as misspelled. Curious I saw my spell checker was set to English: United Kingdom. Surely the word "movie" is not "American", or is it? :p

Apparently:
mov·ie
ˈmo͞ovē/Submit
noun NORTH AMERICAN

Well I do declare.

Top Bottom