Movies / TV Shows!

+
So, I watched Return of the Living Dead and subsequently (subseQuigley?) fell in love with this woman:

View attachment 10476

Kick-ass movie. The '80 are definitely my favourite decade in horror movies. The peak of practical effects, both scary and funny, colourful, great music, what more do you want?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 42
So, I watched Return of the Living Dead and subsequently (subseQuigley?) fell in love with this woman:

View attachment 10476

Kick-ass movie. The '80 are definitely my favourite decade in horror movies. The peak of practical effects, both scary and funny, colourful, great music, what more do you want?

Excellent indeed, though I'd go back further to define a Golden Age of horror movies. Probably the incredible run Hammer Horror had, starting with the 1955 The Quatermass Xperiment through The Vampire Lovers (1970). Or (overlapping in time) Ray Harryhausen's work from Mighty Joe Young (1949) through Clash of the Titans (1981).

Last edited:
So on the remote possibility that Constantine gets renewed, does anyone plan to watch it?
Despite the show being NOTHING like Constantine, I still like it a lot so I would. Matt Ryan caries the entire thing.

Oh and I heard that NBC is considering moving it to Syfy and renaming it to Hellblazer instead of cancelling.

So the last tv show i watched was Dexter and I give it a 9/10.
Just because the show gets a little bit weaker as it progresses.

I plan on watching True Detective next btw.

Excellent indeed, though I'd go back further to define a Golden Age of horror movies. Probably the incredible run Hammer Horror had, starting with the 1955 The Quatermass Xperiment through The Vampire Lovers (1970). Or (overlapping in time) Ray Harryhausen's work from Mighty Joe Young (1949) through Clash of the Titans (1981).
Yeah, I should watch more horrors from that period. I've heard a lot about the Hammer movies, they seem to have a nice gothic atmosphere. Plenty of Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in them too. :) I think the only horror movie I saw from the '50-'70 period is 'House of Wax' with Vincent Price, which was a good one.

Hmm. Peter Jackson, director of the award winning Lord of the Rings trilogy... but also the director of the nine disappointing Hobbit films.

Hmm. Peter Jackson, director of the award winning Lord of the Rings trilogy... but also the director of the nine disappointing Hobbit films.

I was just about to say that him making Black Sheep balanced out at least four of those disappointing Hobbit films. Unfortunately, I decided to check my facts first and realised he didn't actually make Black Sheep. So I'll just say nothing.

Except to recommend Black Sheep to anyone who hasn't seen it...

Forget it. You can have Iorveth, but Aidan Turner is mine. I've even forgiven him for The Hobbit.

He was so cute in the Hobbit. I just finished watching the third one today. Yes they were borderline terrible but his cute romance with Tauriel was my favourite part of the trilogy. That and Lee Pace's overdramatic sneers at everything.

I preferred him brooding and slightly sinister to cute, I think the main reason he required forgiveness for The Hobbit was the fact that he left Being Human in order to join the cast. It never really recovered.

Being Human was going to end soon anyway, I think it's good he left when he did considering it'll probably help him land more movies/tv shows. Also Aidan is clearly a cute kind of guy, if you want sinister and brooding you'll have to switch to Richard Armitage, he's got quite good at that. If you ever watched the BBC's version of Robin Hood basically as he did was be sinister, broody and evil.

Last edited:
Well they did what, two more seasons of Being Human after he left?
And yes, you're right about Richard Armitage. Robin Hood, Spooks (until they retconned him, which is when I stopped watching). Mmmm.

OK. I'll take him. You did a nice redirection there. :)

Well they did what, two more seasons of Being Human after he left?
And yes, you're right about Richard Armitage. Robin Hood, Spooks (until they retconned him, which is when I stopped watching). Mmmm.

OK. I'll take him. You did a nice redirection there. :)

I started watching Spooks while I was in Japan last year but didn't get up the point where Richard was in it (ironically he was the reason I decided to start watching e_e) I'll have to pick it up again some time and keep watching till the end.

And thank you (◡‿◡✿)

I started watching Spooks while I was in Japan last year but didn't get up the point where Richard was in it (ironically he was the reason I decided to start watching e_e) I'll have to pick it up again some time and keep watching till the end.

I'd recommend stopping at the end of Season 8. They did a bit of retconning generally in the show, but the change in Richard Armitage's character between seasons 8 and 9 took suspension of disbelief too far in my opinion. Anyway, you can decide for yourself - you'll know early in season 9 whether you want to continue.

I'd recommend stopping at the end of Season 8. They did a bit of retconning generally in the show, but the change in Richard Armitage's character between seasons 8 and 9 took suspension of disbelief too far in my opinion. Anyway, you can decide for yourself - you'll know early in season 9 whether you want to continue.

I watched the final series of Spooks but I think Lucas was gone by then anyway. I heard he was a double agent, right?
Either way now this talk about Spooks has made me want to start watching again. Hmm I think I was on season 4? Or just reached season 4.

Jupiter Ascending.

I have enough shitty storylines, terrible storytelling, awful falling scenes, terrible made-for-QTE-cutscenes in my video games already, thank you but no thank you.

Oh and once again in current american popular cinematography, russians are either stupid or mindless brutes drinking beer in their greasy tracksuit.

Oh and once again in current american popular cinematography, russians are either stupid or mindless brutes drinking beer in their greasy tracksuit.

Fucking hell :facepalm:
Im so fucking sick of Russians being stereotype villains and played by.......well everything other than actual russians -.-

I just started learning Russian and if there is 1 thing about it that i dont look forward to is hearing all of the shitty russian spoken by non-russians in movies and games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom