Movies / TV Shows!

+
I have just finished Penny Dreadfull finale. One of the best season finale I've seen this year, but left me veeery depressed :)

So it seems Hirst is staying the course with plot developments, and that's a good thing. From the trailer we can see Rollo establishing himself, Floki paying the price for his murder of Athelstan, Bjorn ascending and Lagertha showing her ruthless side.

i love the The Dark Knight Returns reference

I'm still not too sure about that movie, something just feels off about it. I can't put my finger on what it is though.

Maybe because it has Wonder woman, Superman and Hack Snyder is directing?

I will admit that I think it's too early to introduce other superheroes, they really should have done two more films with just Superman before introducing Batman and Wonder Woman in their own films then tied them together like Marvel did with the Avengers.

I will admit that I think it's too early to introduce other superheroes, they really should have done two more films with just Superman before introducing Batman and Wonder Woman in their own films then tied them together like Marvel did with the Avengers.

Well this film would have more sense witouth Wonder Woman, she is very out of place. Ofc this statement based on the trailer. But I do love the trailer, mostly the parts which are contained Batman action. Affleck seems to be was a very good choice. Still, I agree, this film would be better placed after a stand alone Batman and Wonder Woman movie. I kinda hope that the Standalone Batman film will be a bit smarter than this action and explosion fest, altough I cannot wait to see how Batman beats the crap out from Superman :p.

I've started watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes again. I think anyone who likes politics, history and philosophy (the show is heavy with it) will enjoy this masterpiece. I daresay it puts most fictional politics shows to shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ktgN80MP4

It might be a bit overwhelming at first. A lot of information dumps and lots of things you need to remember.

Not as cringeworthy as the kiddie crap Marvel has been churning out since Iron Man 1 though.
Gonna give this a shot or two, I'm digging Ayer's directional and visual style quite a bit.

I like where the DC "movieverse" is going. And how they're trying to tie in the two movies (Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman).

Tons of little details in both recent trailers. Like (and this is mere speculation on my part as of now) how most of Joker's teeth are fake probably because Batman punched them down his throat for killing Robin (kinda hinted at in the Batman v Superman trailer). Would also explain why Batman is extra broody this time around.

Yeah, they seem to be aiming for a more "dark and gritty" atmosphere in the DC movies than the Marvel ones. And that´s fine, so each universe will have its own style and won´t be copying each other all the time.

Yeah, they seem to be aiming for a more "dark and gritty" atmosphere in the DC movies than the Marvel ones. And that´s fine, so each universe will have its own style and won´t be copying each other all the time.

Marvel is all about being crazy and having fun, which I have no problem with. DC on the other hand is all about character stories that expand the motivations of the heroes and the villains. Which reminds me, is anyone else getting a slight Injustice and Frank Miller stories vibe from the latest DC movie trailers or is it just me?

Changing the genre abruptly: I watched Inside Out last Friday with my wife.
I definitely loved it! One of PIxar´s finest in my book. Probably the best "coming of age" movie I´ve ever watched, as it describes what´s inside a pre-teen kid´s mind better than any other, IMO.
Absolutely worth seeing!

I just finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I started watching it long ago but only recently caught up with it again. It was epic. In setting, and in plot which made it a bit hard to follow sometimes. Anyone who enjoys political fiction and thrillers will enjoy this one immensely. If you liked the politics in Witcher 2 I cannot recommend this show enough.

Spoilers ahead:

I'm a bit saddened about Oberstein death. I felt he was always the most logical, realist character the show had to offer.

He was probably the grittiest character the show had too and I think that's quite a shame and one of the show faults. I don't know If the Lohengramm dynasty can survive without him working from behind the scenes - I actually wished Goldenbaum survived a bit longer.
That goes double with the fact that Erwin Josef II might still be alive. I don't know If he could pose as a threat on his own but with the right support... say... someone like Dominique he might topple the Lohengramm dynasty in the future.
The show really needed Oberstein unapologetic logic. He'd kill the little brat and than say it was for the greater good in an unarguable fashion.

I liked Yang's character (how could you not?) but the way he did war was too humanistic and apologetic. He lacked ambition.
The same goes to Julian Minci who's rise in rank was very contrived. There was no reason for Attemborough to give up on the role of Fleet Admiral.

And of course there is Reinhard and his magnificent mane. If anyone deserves the title of a political genius it's his character. Without a doubt. One of my all time favorite characters.

Reinhard: “I had a dream, sister.”

Annerose: “Still, you haven’t had your fill of dreams, Reinhard?”

Reinhard: “No, I had plenty… the dreams that no one had ever seen before… all too many of them.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom