Movies / TV Shows!

+
It is fun. Crazy, stupid, gory amounts of fun. Bruce Campbell is sooooo good in it. Fits Ash like a glove.

One of my favorite quotes from the show:

before summoning a demon
Guy: This demon specializes in manipulation and deceit. (or something like that, forgot the exact line)
Ash: Yeah well, he can do that in his spare time.

People keep "speculating" regarding the next season of Game of Thrones..., is Jon Snow dead or isnt he?
But MOST IMPORTANTLY... LOOK AT THE SHIRT of Kim "the scorcher" Horcher, host of the show!!!:smile:

the event of the week:
[video=youtube;uVdV-lxRPFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo[/video]

i can't beleive no one's talking about this 0.0

Are Marvel films still exciting? I checked out after the first few because I didn't like them. Superheroes are boring ahah.
well not all of them are good, but there are brillant marvel creations, and here's my selection:
- iron man
- captain america: first avenger
- captain america: winter soldier
- guardians of the galaxy
- daredevil
- Jessica jones

and the reason why i'm anticipating captain america: civil war, as well as many, is how good CA:the winter soldier was and how it improoved over CA: first avenger, and Civil war may take it even to the next level.

i honestly highly recommened you checking the titles i mentionned out ^^
it is true that many CBM are rather average, but the ones i mentionned are great, and this is just for marvel studios.

- iron man
- captain america: first avenger
- captain america: winter soldier
- guardians of the galaxy
- daredevil
- Jessica jones

Iron Man was okay.. The sequels were dull.

Captain America is one of the most boring Superheroes but I haven't seen the first film but people say that one was bad.

I fell asleep watching Winter Soldier with my housemate, who upon waking me also told me it was dull.

Didn't like Guardians at all, I thought it was bland and trying too bad to be funny, and as far as space-faring goes it was a boring universe.

Daredevil was good, if you mean the Netflix one.

Not seen JJ.

Like I said, not a fan of Superheroes, think they are a bit contrived and dull.

DC isn't much better, but Batman Returns and The Dark Knight are actually good movies.

Last edited:
Iron Man was okay.. The sequels were dull.

Captain America is one of the most boring Superheroes but I haven't seen the first film but people say that one was bad.

I fell asleep watching Winter Soldier with my housemate, who upon waking me also told me it was dull.

Didn't like Guardians at all, I thought it was bland and trying too bad to be funny, and as far as space-faring goes it was a boring universe.

Daredevil was good, if you mean the Netflix one.

Not seen JJ.

Like I said, not a fan of Superheroes, think they are a bit contrived and dull.

DC isn't much better, but Batman Returns and The Dark Knight are good.
damn, you're hard to please XD
and you slept through the winter soldier ?! O________O
well at least you liked Netflix's daredevil.
and you liked batman returns and the dark knight ? they're good i guess, but batman begins was way better than them.

what are your thoughts of Spider-Man 1&2 (2002, 2004) and Hellboy 1&2 ?

damn, you're hard to please XD
and you slept through the winter soldier ?! O________O
well at least you liked Netflix's daredevil.
and you liked batman returns and the dark knight ? they're good i guess, but batman begins was way better than them.

what are your thoughts of Spider-Man 1&2 (2002, 2004) and Hellboy 1&2 ?

I thought it was really silly, but Cap' is so dull he is like Ryan Gosling in drive, just meant to be a moody-hunk character and just comes off as a really dull 'Character'. (I didn't like drive either) - I also hate Gosling with a passion.

Yeah, it was good not to have the whole world being blown up, the stakes cannot get any higher in those other films, makes them really silly, but I just lose all connection with stuff like that, sure they might be pretty to look at, but that's it, there is no actual content there.

Hmm, Begins was alright, I just really like Ledger's Joker.

I hated them, I hate Tobey Maguire with an intense passion, I liked the Spiderman cartoon when I was growing up though, also Bruce Timm's Batman the Animated Series.

Hellboy 1&2 are two of my favourite movies, I don't count Red as a superhero, he is so much more also Del Toro was my favourite until he dropped being creative to make Robojox vs Godzilla...

~~~~~

This is my kind of movie:

One of my all time fav's, Gary Oldman does an amazing bad guy and Jean Reno is great.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you about Captain America being boring. I find the Captain America movies so bland and meh I couldn't finish them. Which is saying something because I was stuck on a 14 hour plane journey at the time.

I'm actually a massive Marvel movie fanatic so this is very difficult to swallow. I just watch them as fun movies and regard them as good for just switching your brain off and just having a fun experience.

I'm actually a massive Marvel movie fanatic so this is very difficult to swallow. I just watch them as fun movies and regard them as good for just switching your brain off and just having a fun experience.

Personally I like films which have a little more to them, I like my brain to stay active during them, and I dunno, maybe I am just odd but I always felt like Marvel movies are so formulaic that I no longer have to try and anticipate them as they seem to follow very similar arch's far too often for me.

But at the same time I don't mind action movies, Fury Road is still one of my favourite action movies of recent years, but it's got many more practical effects than the Avengers and such which seem to be 99% CGI with RDJ's face over the top, I just like believable fantasy and NYC being demolished every other year by superheroes and villains fighting gets dull quick.

Maybe it's my lack of nostalgia for Superheroes, I was never into them so their plights never interest me.

Last edited:
I find entire MARVEL Cinematic Universe kinda meh, but I really like Captain America and his movies, which makes me excited for Civil War as well. Maybe that's because I was always the fan of classic comic book super heroes and that's why someone as Cap, who follows an universal values that USA was build upon, in a world which seems to slowly forgets them, appeals so strongly to me, even despite me not being an American myself. He is an idealist who is not blind to his own country flaws and actively strives to make it what it supposed to be. Thus it strucks the fine balance between camp and naivety of the older Captain America stories and darker modern tone. Even people on 4chan, who are growing more and more tire of "capeshit", admire him as a super hero, which means that he really does something right.

Whoa! Peep Show series 9 is here! Thought it would start in December.....but I am very reluctant to start. Once its over that's it :( Time to go through 1-9 :yes

I love Marvel movies, nothing better than cracking open a cider and just turning off for 3 hours. Best feeling in the world, especially after a hard day at work.

Whoa! Peep Show series 9 is here! Thought it would start in December.....but I am very reluctant to start. Once its over that's it :( Time to go through 1-9 :yes

It's been really good so far, Peep Show is amazing. One of the few shows where there hasn't been a bad series.

Still my favourite satire film. I also love the bugs!

Should probably pick up the novel at some point too, get some 50's retro-future.

I just watch them as fun movies and regard them as good for just switching your brain off and just having a fun experience.
This is exactly why I don't like them. I need a movie with more gravity. I play video-games when I want to turn my brain off.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the Deadpool movie to come out.
I just pray it's good. I really, more than any other superhero movie, need this one to be great.

At least the movie posters are good.

Top Bottom