Movies / TV Shows!

+
Rewatching my favourite anime series, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. (And I don't really like anime, this Akira and Paprika are it for me).

IMDB

I started re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer yesterday and now I'm hooked.

Well, when I say 're-watching' I only watched a few episodes with my mum when i was younger (and allowed to stay up that late...) so it's quite nice being able to watch it now that i'm older and I've forgotten all of the plot points.

There was also one episode I remember simply because it scared me so much I had to sleep with the lights on for months afterwards. I'm looking forward to finding it. Hopefully it won't scare me so much this time :D

Oh, that would have been better.
Direction and photography are the best of the entire saga.
But the screenplay is really bad.
you mean the problem lies with the story ?
and the film feels like a fan service for the original trilogy ?
anyways, i'm sorry to see that.

what's strange is that a "critic" i watch from time to time, chris stuckmann, said he tried to be as critical as possible and was barely able to find some flaws:
oh well, maybe he was "phantom menacing" after all XD

what's strange is that a "critic" i watch from time to time, chris stuckmann, said he tried to be as critical as possible and was barely able to find some flaws:
oh well, maybe he was "phantom menacing" after all XD

Yes how strange, how is it possible that different individuals could have totally different opinion on a certain thing ?? That's absurd, everyone knows we live in a hivemind.

I loved Force Awakens, it had amazing visuals, great characters and it did a good job "re-imagining" the story of a new hope for the new generation, being also a strong start for the trilogy. Maybe playing it too safe at times and being filled with a lot of fan-service, but let's be realistic here. If J.J Abrams would have taken force awakens in a new direction like he did with Star Trek, die-hard fans would want to lynch him for ruining Star Wars.

Saw the new Star Wars today - pretty good.

Felt like a remake of the first film but in a good way. And it looks and sounds great.

Oh, that would have been better.
Direction and photography are the best of the entire saga.
But the screenplay is really bad.

I can't wait for Mr. Plinkett take on it. Do you know RedLetterMedia channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
He analyzed all the Star Wars movies, I think. They also got a gaming channel called Previously Recorded but it isn't as good IMO.

Also, I just watched Daredevil Season 2 trailer. Hopefully it'll be as good as Season 1 but I'm skeptical about it.

Last edited:
Saw the new Star Wars today - pretty good.

Felt like a remake of the first film but in a good way. And it looks and sounds great.

What exactly did you like of it?

---------- Updated at 01:48 AM ----------

I can't wait for Mr. Plinkett take on it. Do you know RedLetterMedia channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
He analyzed all the Star Wars movies, I think. They also got a gaming channel called Previously Recorded but it isn't as good IMO.

Oh, yes, Plinkett is a genious.
"Cause I love Empire Strikes Back so much I fucked it"

Yeah, can't wait to see his review.

Also, I just watched Daredevil Season 2 trailer. Hopefully it'll be as good as Season 1 but I'm skeptical about it.

The season 1 was really good, but I enjoyed Jessica Jones more.
I hope they will take some character development advice from the writer of Jessica Jones.

---------- Updated at 01:50 AM ----------

you mean the problem lies with the story ?

I...I think it doesn't even have a story, that's the point. The screenplay is clumsy and a lot of dialogues are rushed because JJ had to show boring action sequences.

Last edited:
What exactly did you like of it?

Well...

It just felt like a natural progression of Star Wars in almost every way - the visuals, the designs etc. Acting is great - Harrison Ford in particular surprised me, I was expecting him to not be very good, but he pulled it off. The story, although it's basically A New Hope retold, manages to hit all the right spots and it's nice to see Jedi and Sith presented as a big deal again - their presence wasn't as impressive in the prequels. The locations were nice, the shots were good, the action was amazing. The scrip was kinda bad and cheesy, like in all the star wars films, but it knew when to reign it in for the important scenes, similar to the originals and something that the prequels realllly failed to do.

It was just a well-done film overall.

Visuals: great
Camerawork: great
Sound: great
Action: great
Story: Meh, but it's Star Wars, so I didn't really expect much there
Acting: great

Thanks to my sis for dragging me out to see a new Star Wars at the last special showing.It wasn't bad as I expected at first. It was great. Shed a tear or two in the process of watching.

The insane pace of narrative and borrowing of some elements from original trilogy is probably the only things that bothered me.

MUCH better than horrible prequels.

Well...

It just felt like a natural progression of Star Wars in almost every way - the visuals, the designs etc. Acting is great - Harrison Ford in particular surprised me, I was expecting him to not be very good, but he pulled it off. The story, although it's basically A New Hope retold, manages to hit all the right spots and it's nice to see Jedi and Sith presented as a big deal again - their presence wasn't as impressive in the prequels. The locations were nice, the shots were good, the action was amazing. The scrip was kinda bad and cheesy, like in all the star wars films, but it knew when to reign it in for the important scenes, similar to the originals and something that the prequels realllly failed to do.

It was just a well-done film overall.

Visuals: great
Camerawork: great
Sound: great
Action: great
Story: Meh, but it's Star Wars, so I didn't really expect much there
Acting: great

I agree with these points.
But I really hated this movie because of the pointless story and the screenplay.
Everything happens way too fast, and some characters have really little screentime (Poe and Phasma). This means I cannot process what is really going on, and I can't emphatize with the characters. I really didn't care about Poe, and this means that every action scenes about him really bored me.
Also, the Starkiller kinda ruined the movie for me. It adds nothing to the story and it hasn't enough context. It deprives a lot of screentime for the actual story and the characters that the story is ultimately resolved by a convenient Deus Ex Machina R2- D2.

I watched it on Friday. The film was good. I did not fall in love with it, but it was way better than the prequels. And if it only captured the magic of Star Wars by carbon copying the script from A New Hope so be it.

Things that fell flat with me
After the reveal of the new actors some months ago I thought Max von Sydow would play a bigger role. Captain Phasma was only an armor like Mandalore in KotOR II, and her appearance was very brief. On the other hand Kylo Ren lost his authority when he lifted his helmet and became tantrum throwing Anakin 2.0.

Lot's of Star Wars talk :x I don't hate it before you execute me for saying this - But I am just not that into it, I didn't mind 'Empire Strikes Back' but 'A New Hope' and Jedi were a little cheesy to me, 4 had some poor acting and 6 had those god-awful bears... Has it dropped these traits?

I hear that it uses a darker tone to Jedi's ending with less of that silliness but it now being a Disney property has it been turned into a Guardians of the Galaxy style movie, trying to be both 'funny' and serious at the same time (I hated that movie) or is it a drama with some funny moments?

Been rewatching my favourite Cyberpunk movies; Ghost in the Shell, Terminator 1 and about to watch the first Matrix.

I was rather disappointed by TFA, to be honest... the story was incredibly rushed and had many plot holes/conveniences, the characters where very shallow - aside from the ultimate Mary Sue - Rey - of course. By the time the 3rd Deathstar attack went on, I thought: Hey, you remember that thing from the old Star Wars movies? Here, it's back, and it's black now!

If that's how the franchise will be from here on out, it will be one unfinished movie after the other until nobody cares anymore...

Top Bottom