Movies / TV Shows!

+
It doesn't make a lick of sense that he did never, ever use that weapon at least once in all those years.

I assume it's because they avoided having to fight at all as smugglers, and that Chewie didn't use it that much seeing as, as far as I know, he didn't use it once in the original trilogy, maybe it's his rainy day weapon. Also I doubt Chewie has used Han's blaster either.

JJ's done a better job in my opinion than Lucas ever did seeing as A New Hope and Empire were barely directed by him, he just had a few good ideas that others seem to make use of better than he.

JJ's done a better job in my opinion than Lucas ever did seeing as A New Hope and Empire were barely directed by him, he just had a few good ideas that others seem to make use of better than he.

Oh, true, we all saw what happens when Lucas writes characters/dialogue... still, I just can't stand his: "Hey remember that thing/place/person you liked when you practically knew nothing else about this stuff before? It's back and it's black now... or has a red arm!". ;)

Lucas at least tried to push and build on his own ideas... not Abram's strongest suit. He also doesn't really care about details or if things make sense...

Also: HYPE!

Last edited:
Hey remember that thing/place/person you liked when you practically knew nothing else about this stuff before? It's back and it's black now... or has a red arm!

People need a bit o' nostalgia, I don't personally have much nostalgia for the series (I did recognise the old guy in the first scene, but I cannae remember who he was exactly), my Da forced (No pun intended) me to watch the originals on laserdisk when I was young..

C-3PO annoys me regardless he's waaay too whiny.

JJ made Star Trek watchable for me, only reason I watched any before that is my friends really like 'Next Generation' although Patty S is great.

Last edited:
JJ made Star Trek watchable for me, only reason I watched any before that is my friends really like 'Next Generation' although Patty S is great.

Yet, he did the same to Star Trek he did to Star Wars. In example: What planet was Spock on that he could see Vulcan blow up? How come Kirk was dropped on the same planet? Was it a moon of Vulcan? I don't think so, since it also had a Federation base on it... Who cares, look, here is a big, scary, black ship that looks evil (even though it's supposed to be mining barge)! Both movies (ST1+2) are full of stuff like that, and TFA is too. That's not good storytelling - that's chaining together set pieces.

People need a bit o' nostalgia, I don't personally have much nostalgia for the series (I did recognise the old guy in the first scene, but I cannae remember who he was exactly), my Da forced (No pun intended) me to watch the originals on laserdisk when I was young..

C-3PO annoys me regardless he's waaay too whiny.

My favorite film has always been The Empire Strikes Back. They have never been able to match that no matter how many movies Lucas Film churns out. Let's just say I'm keeping my hopes as low as possible to avoid disappointment. Yes, I haven't seen it yet and It will probably be a few months before I'm able to.

By the way, C-3PO has always been whiny: He's a butler! :p

I've haven't actually watched Star Trek yet, I've been meaning to, but I always forget about it. How are the new films? Are they a good dropping-in point?

Which should tell you something...

That it's a fun movie?

That it's a good movie?

I don't see your point if you're trying to say it's bad, if it's a enjoyable movie that's what it is - If you don't like it's, that's your prerogative but I don't see why you'd hate it, It's a good film, much better than the last 20 years of Star Wars stuff.

What should it tell me exactly?

@warbaby2 I think we all got the message that you don't like the new Star Wars movie the first few times around :)

Tehe... I did like it, I just don't think it's a good movie, neither as a Star Wars nor as a scifie flick in general. It's on par with stuff like Matrix Revolutions for me, and I haven't heard a convincing argument yet as to why it was/is so damn successful. The only explanation I can think of right now is: It was marketed the right way this time, so that even non SW fans/haters simply "had" to see it...

I finally saw Star Wars! It was so good! I haven't enjoyed a movie that much in a long time.

Rey was such a great character, I loved her a lot and just the whole movie exceeded my expectations.
And I had no idea she was the main character, so it was great to have such a fierce female lead and seeing her kick Kylo Ren's ass was beautiful :')
It had a lot of nods back to the older movies and even though it was a long movie I would have been quite happy to watch more. I can't wait for the next part!!!
The only thing I found odd was how Luke Skywalker was just hanging out on that mountain.... like... what did he eat? Where did he sleep? Why was he even there in the first place?

Watched 'Amy' the biodoc for Amy Winehouse (Who I loved) it's really heartwrenching what she had to deal with, I teared up quite a few times.

Definitely worth a watch, very depressing though.

i just saw the reviews by the users of IMDB, the ones marked as the most helpful/Best ones, for SW:Force awakens. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
and i have to say, i'm starting to feel that the majority of the GA (with the exception of the ones i mentionned) and critics, were blinded by the nostalgia of seeing a movie that is supposed to capture the feel of the originals.
but then again, people were kinda in denial when the phantom menace came out. so yeaaaaah, we'll have to wait till the dust settles down.

I saw The Force Awakens twice...but then again I love all Star Wars movies and I have played many of the games too.

Two thing i find most disappoint in the force awaken are (oh and btw i forgot to add spoiler tag...):

1. Another Death Star. Really, they never learn? Also the way people react when it destroy the planets that full of people is just meh. This is the second time Leia watch a planet get destroyed and she just react nothing?

And then it get destroy by a bunch of X-wing. If they manage to build a planet death star, i think they should at least make some additional sercurity (i was expecting a space fight that maybe the same scale as battle of Endor). Here is just the same thing as original trilogy, find a huge and totally expose weakness, Xwing go in, blow it up (again look like the Empire the First Order never learn)

2. Captain Phasma (is this her right name). A common coward and traitor, while Finn at least have a reason to betray the First Order. Here the captain Just piss her pant after Chewi, Han and Finn put the gun in her head (where is her traning?). Her action to lower the shield is the ultimately betrayal, if she appear in the next film, she should be in exile and run away from the Order (i thought she would be cooler, but now look like the stormtrooper shouted TRAITOR are way cooler than her)

But well, to be honest, apart from that. Geralt film, great story, great character (i really like Rey and Kylo Ren, Finn not have much highlight yet :(). I hope the next film will be more interesting and not just a copy of The First Order Empire strike back :p

Now i do :p

Last edited:
I hope the next film will be more interesting and not just a copy of The First Order Empire strike back

It was also a copy of Episode 4 a new hope in my opinion. Really important information is stored within a droid (BB-8) and lands on a desert planet, kinda cheap and cheesy.

Witcher + Skyrim = Beowolf: Return to the Shieldlands

Anybody saw the new series Beowolf: Return to the Shieldlands? I saw the first episode. Seemed Geralt would show up any time. In fact the protagonist with white hair and two sword would do the job. The costumes reminded me of Skellige while the indoor decorations was Skyrimish to my eyes. It even started during the wake of a Thane/Jarl/earl what have you. And it also has a monster. Hope its one of many. Getting a good feel from the show. Hoping this turns out to be a good one.

It was also a copy of Episode 4 a new hope in my opinion. Really important information is stored within a droid (BB-8) and lands on a desert planet, kinda cheap and cheesy.

yep it was a copy paste job, they were hoping to replicate magic of the original. they just flipped some genders, added a black guy, and called it a day.

i don't know how much writing abrams contributed, but it must have been a lot to ruin what kasdan had wrote.

Top Bottom