Movies / TV Shows!

+
Prison Break! most must have seen at deserved no less than 9.5/10
Currently one of the only good shows to see it Dexter \m/ apart from the ones that I don't know about that is

Watched all 4 episodes of Castlevania on Netflix. I'm not a big fan of anime but the animation and the art were nice, very violent and gory too which was unexpected. The English voice acting is kind of bad, and the writing is meh. Pretty tacky, even for a cartoon. I expected something different but maybe it's just the style, anime can be very over the top some times. Overall I thought it was fun but I'm not too impressed. It's like they were aiming at a mature audience (hence the blood, violence and swearing) but kept the writing level for teenagers. I did enjoy all the jabs at religion/christianity :p

Game of thrones cold open last night was so satisfying. Also had awesome scenes with the Hound and Deanarys. Glad to have it back ... though it does feel slightly rushed. Wish they would have stuck with 10 episodes.

OFFTOPIC: SEE BLADE RUNNER 2049

Blade Runner 2049: SEE IT NOW, trust me!!

Last edited:
Both series of Stranger things. You must have heard about it and if not be sure to check it out. By my opinion first serie is more into casual kind of sci-fi/fantasy but the second got a lot more 'fancy stuff' in it. If had to rate them both together it would be solid 8/10.

It is great all of you talking about the show/movies. Let me share with all of you my favorite movies names.
Titanic
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Taxi Driver
Wonder

Hi!
I watched the Solo, Rogue One and the old Star Wars trilogy with my kids in the last few days. This "heated up the live coals" within me a bit. It's cool that in the last years this brand comes to live and Rogue One and Solo realy brings back good memories and I think they can touch the SW atmosphere. The VII was a mistake IMO but you can disagree with that, we are not the same :) There are the Rebels series what I'm actually not watching, but my brother said it's pretty good even as an adult viewer.
But what I really miss and what should be done, stories between episodes of the original trilogy. There also passed years between them and there could be a few good stories I guess. In fact they could be animated series whit more serious atmosphere. It would be really good to see Luke on the screen again!

Recently finished watching Altered Carbon. If you're into dystopian cyberpunk (and you definitely are since you're lingering around here) you have to watch it.

Cobra Kai

William Zabka and Ralph Macchio reprising their roles from Karate Kid. First season is up on Youtube Red/Premium. I cannot praise this show enough. Though the pilot is a bit darker and more serious than the rest of the show, all in all it is genuinely one of the funniest things I've watched in recent years, especially the main character's non-pc humour which is sorely needed in this sterile environment we're living in now.

The new Predator. The jokes helped me through but as an old Predator fan I say it's a piece of $h!t
Maybe I am too conservative, but still the first two movie is the benchmark. Don't we live in a progressive world?

Breaking Bad was awesome ...

Just finished watching the Punisher TV series. not bad .. im currently watching Daredevil season 2 too catch up .. so far its pretty good series. only one part that did not fit..for me was when they introduced the Hand Ninja clan. during the middle of the Frank Castle trial. and to me its just poor delivery ,,, Its Like hey lets interrupt the more interesting Frank Castle trail , so we can have Daredevil fight Ninjas. to be honest, it didn't feel right. I was like pick one ... and if they are going to bring in Ninjas commit to the bit, don't split my attention between a court case and a ninja fight ... it just felt misplaced and cheesy.

Top Bottom