Mr KingBlackToof HomeComing Impressions

+
I've been pretty positive about Homecoming mostly but I can't help but agree with KingBlackToof's "feelings" over new Gwent.

I appreciate his open honesty throughout the clip.....

Two in particular....
Wouldn't hurt to keep the blacklisting mechanic
And I wish Archetype support was maintained

The GOOD news is that all his negative feelings towards things sound like they are totally changeable.

He has some fair points, though nothing other people haven't said before. Interestingly, he showed the deck builder from Gwent and Homecoming, which made me realize how much better Homecoming looks. Yeah, the gameplay is what counts, but still.

1542229654352.jpeg
1542229687700.jpeg

Interestingly, he showed the deck builder from Gwent and Homecoming, which made me realize how much better Homecoming looks. Yeah, the gameplay is what counts, but still.

Guess, CDPR didn't have to change the whole game to create a better looking deck builder.

I won't disagree with any of KBT's concerns. Btw I don't think the highly synergistic (pre MW) gameplay strongly focused on archetypes would work very well with the provision system.

Last edited:
@4RM3D I see where you are coming from. On one hand people liked the themed decks of old Gwent which basically meant that every deck that used a theme had more or less the same cards in it every time you played against it.

Homecoming has attempted to move away from an all in theme.

Its difficult to know if this healthy or not but the feeling from many players is that they miss their all in themes of Gwent Beta.

On one hand people liked the themed decks of old Gwent which basically meant that every deck that used a theme had more or less the same cards in it every time you played against it.

That's not entirely true. It's possible to create different versions of the same archetype if there enough viable cards to support this specific archetype.

Top Bottom