Mulbrydale swordsmith gone!

+
Mulbrydale swordsmith gone!

Rescued blacksmith (near Mulbrydale) right after finishing Funeral Pyres (not long after arriving to Velen)... visited the blacksmith for the first time after rescuing (everything's fine)... left the area... saved the game (few times)... exited game... blacksmith is gone after loading any save state after that.

Has anyone encountered something similar?

Just to be sure, if it's a regular human village blacksmith, they go inside at night. They aren't like the Dwarves, who seem to always be available at their forges in Crow's Perch and White Orchard. Did you visit at night perchance?

Just to be sure, if it's a regular human village blacksmith, they go inside at night. They aren't like the Dwarves, who seem to always be available at their forges in Crow's Perch and White Orchard. Did you visit at night perchance?

Yes! I visited him at "bussines time" from 8:00AM to 5:00 PM, and meditated as well,he's never there,just a random peasant at the forge.

Yes! I visited him at "bussines time" from 8:00AM to 5:00 PM, and meditated as well,he's never there,just a random peasant at the forge.

I discovered where your blacksmith went from that village. By pure happenstance, I was in the area and popped over to the quaint little hamlet. No blacksmith! A little while south down the road, near the river, I discovered Nilfgardian deserters. They attacked. They died. Apparently they had captured him and were keeping him locked up in the hut; its on the map with an icon to boot.

Despite the name of the NPC (Swordsmith), he's actually is an Armorer. Not sure if that was what I remember him being when I first visited that village many days ago, but he's definitely an Armorer with Swordsmith for a name. He even works on a sword right at the forge . . . bug report!

I discovered where your blacksmith went from that village. By pure happenstance, I was in the area and popped over to the quaint little hamlet. No blacksmith! A little while south down the road, near the river, I discovered Nilfgardian deserters. They attacked. They died. Apparently they had captured him and were keeping him locked up in the hut; its on the map with an icon to boot.

Despite the name of the NPC (Swordsmith), he's actually is an Armorer. Not sure if that was what I remember him being when I first visited that village many days ago, but he's definitely an Armorer with Swordsmith for a name. He even works on a sword right at the forge . . . bug report!

But I've already freed him from the deserters,he disappeared just after I talked to him when he was already in the village!

Out of curiosity, he's just a standard blacksmith. You can go to other villages with smiths. Was there something specific to him? Repairs and whatnot?

Out of curiosity, he's just a standard blacksmith. You can go to other villages with smiths. Was there something specific to him? Repairs and whatnot?

He had some useful diagrams that I was hoping to buy later in the game, and most Important,I didn't have time to get his Gwent card!

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem, the same blacksmith, for me he have never appeared in the village.
Please CDPR can you fix it, because I played several hours before I realized this bug, and I do not want to start over for the Gwent cards.
It's really frustrating.

Sorry to Necro this thread, but I just had him disappear on me. He was there, I walk out of line of sight and now he is gone. Any ideas or is this still a bug. I also played him Gwent twice and never got a card from him.

Rescued blacksmith (near Mulbrydale) right after finishing Funeral Pyres (not long after arriving to Velen)... visited the blacksmith for the first time after rescuing (everything's fine)... left the area... saved the game (few times)... exited game... blacksmith is gone after loading any save state after that.

Has anyone encountered something similar?

I rescued him and door is unlocked and open but he doesn't come out, talk or nothing....I have 1.11 for update....please fix this as I bet he is needed to collect all the Gwent cards!!!!

Got him to finally leave but he doesn't go where he needs to be he has disappeared!!!!

Last edited:
How did you get him to leave in the first place? He just stands there. I tried meditating, travelling, reloading. Nothing works...

This bug has been reported on here since May and it is still not fixed?? I am on xbox one with the 1.11 patch update, is there any fix in sight??....

Well I went back to Mulbrydale and he is totally missing, tried fast travel and meditation and he isn't there. Ugh! Any ideas?

Follow up from support:

1) If he's gone there is no way bring him back, the bug has now corrupted your save game.
2) He doesn't have any quests and his qwent cards are not unique and you don't need him for any achievements.

So, a bummer there is no fix but at least he is not essential for game progression.

Top Bottom