Mulligan update Overview – Live Stream

+
Yeah, she got sick... of Homecomingculosis.

Kinda baffled how I lost any will to even watch those updates. Thank you, CDPR - slowly but surely you are making me not care. Thumbs up, I guess.

I think I know why. It's because you thought you knew what CDPR needed to do to make the perfect GWENT, but nothing that has happened so far has been reinforcing your opinions. So you're going to act cool like everything that they are trying is beneath you?

I think I know why. It's because you thought you knew what CDPR needed to do to make the perfect GWENT, but nothing that has happened so far has been reinforcing your opinions. So you're going to act cool like everything that they are trying is beneath you?
Mind you I am not of the minority that was saying "you are doing a mistake (after a mistake, after a mistake)" here. I am also pretty sure alienating your initial and most supportive fanbase that was with the game for years is not the right strategy to develop your game/doing busyness too, but what do I know? Hey, look at those HC stats - those are some exciting numbers, right?

Right?

So you're going to act cool like everything that they are trying is beneath you?

No, CDPR is acting like we are beneath them by refusing to communicate with their upset players and responding to whether they will address x,y,z concerns (and I'm not talking about surface changes like how the mulligans work), and how.

They are making their little streams and running their little promo and pretending like everything couldn't be better. Or perhaps it is great. Perhaps player numbers are better than ever. Perhaps these complaining beta players are just a "vocal minority" as it is said. We shall see.

Mind you I am not of the minority that was saying "you are doing a mistake (after a mistake, after a mistake)" here. I am also pretty sure alienating your initial and most supportive fanbase that was with the game for years is not the right strategy to develop your game/doing busyness too, but what do I know? Hey, look at those HC stats - those are some exciting numbers, right?

Right?

Meh, I'm not so sure. CDPR sure wants to keep all players, but if the new players outnumber the leaving ones, they would say they are doing the right thing, even though some old beta players may leave in the process. They base their decissions in statistics and results, as any other company.

Proof is the Mulligan Livestream. They said that, despite all the feedback on coin flip, their statistics show that matches are won more often by players on blue coin, so they are not changing it at all. Who would have guessed.

So, we may have the impression that the game is going downhill because the veteran players are more active in the forums and they are giving negative feedback, while in game, the playerbase is raising in numbers (I don't know, only CDPR does). And maybe we complain about long queues because only old players are in higher ranks, while new players are still climbimg up. We'll see soon enough I guess.

DId you not watch their stream? I could see the nervousness on their faces. These guys are under a lot of pressure. So I would hardly say they are being flippant with us. CDPR has an in-house development theory that has worked WONDERFULLY in their Witcher series. So why on earth would that apparatus abandon said dev theory now?!

I mean I agree that they should talk with us more because a competitive game is completely different than a single player experience. But my point is that I believe you may be reading negativity into what they are doing when frankly they are simply trying to do their jobs.

Meh, I'm not so sure. CDPR sure wants to keep all players, but if the new players outnumber the leaving ones, they would say they are doing the right thing, even though some old beta players may leave in the process. They base their decissions in statistics and results, as any other company.

Proof is the Mulligan Livestream. They said that, despite all the feedback on coin flip, their statistics show that matches are won more often by players on blue coin, so they are not changing it at all. Who would have guessed.

So, we may have the impression that the game is going downhill because the veteran players are more active in the forums and they are giving negative feedback, while in game, the playerbase is raising in numbers (I don't know, only CDPR does). And maybe we complain about long queues because only old players are in higher ranks, while new players are still climbimg up. We'll see soon enough I guess.

What do you mean only CDPR knows? If you're were an Open Beta player all you have to do is look at the leaderboards at the end of the month and the GOG stats. I play 40 games ranked and I finish top 4k. This is absurd ammount of players leaving and not caring anymore. They will keep losing players, why can't they just get rid of the hand limit and the tactical advantage card boosting a card like players have been asking for 2 MONTHS?!

More strategic? They removed all strategy with the 3rd row.
1) Tell me, how would you play around weather now? Play your units in Ragh Nar Roog or Dragons Dream/Nivellen? And this is just one example of how they butchered even the most basic strategic things that we had in beta.
2) How about Scorch/Igni? What feels like 90% of all units have 4 base strength, so they are naturally aligned already, also, for Igni, you don't have a 3rd row to play around it anymore.
3) Handbuff Toruviel, one of the funniest noobkillers got absolutely shafted.
4) Spies disrupting your enemies board without destroying anything is not a thing anymore.
5) I could go on forever, but I'm gonna stop here.
Oh boy the third row again. I wonder when i'll finally stop reading about it when it's clearly never coming back.

As for your specific points:
1) By avoiding the row if i can, by playing into it if i cannot. RnR can still only damage by 2 per turn, after 4 turns it barely did 8 damage. Not the end of the world for a gold card.
Dragon's Dream is another matter and it imho should get nerfed. I'd like to see it trigger at the end of my turn, so at least i can respond by shuffling stuff around if i can. Allowing opponent to have last say is dumb.
2) How is Igni even a problem? In the last 2 months i've seen it a grandtotal of 0 times against me. If anything it could get a slight buff. Also since the usual suspects like to claim how HC is all about boost/damage, it shouldn't be complicated to avoid aligning units.
3) Ok, and what's the problem here?
4) Maybe not super competitive, but spy decks still exists. Just played against one (and actually lost) today.
5) Thank you.

What do you mean only CDPR knows? If you're were an Open Beta player all you have to do is look at the leaderboards at the end of the month and the GOG stats. I play 40 games ranked and I finish top 4k. This is absurd ammount of players leaving and not caring anymore. They will keep losing players, why can't they just get rid of the hand limit and the tactical advantage card boosting a card like players have been asking for 2 MONTHS?!

Only CDPR has the real statistics of the playerbase, GOG stats ranks popularity not population. And they kept TA because according to their statistics, TA is actually working how they intended. Just saying what's their logic.

... They base their decissions in statistics and results, as any other company... Only CDPR has the real statistics of the playerbase, GOG stats ranks popularity not population. ..
So... half the playerbase left, as evident by the Leaderboard. How's that for a statistic? How's that for a direct result of their and their decisions and deaf ears only?

Proof is the Mulligan Livestream. They said that, despite all the feedback on coin flip, their statistics show that matches are won more often by players on blue coin, so they are not changing it at all. Who would have guessed...
So, if the scale is pushed to the other side it must mean it's fine now? Are you reading what you are writing?

So... half the playerbase left, as evident by the Leaderboard. How's that for a statistic? How's that for a direct result of their and their decisions and deaf ears only?

So, if the scale is pushed to the other side it must mean it's fine now? Are you reading what you are writing?

Dude, are you going to question absolutely everything? If you are so smart, I wonder why don't you use your great ideas and develop a game yourself, sure it will be a major success. One thing is critizisim, and the other is being negative about every single word or action CDPR does, you need to chill, it's a damn game.

If they had the previous statistics of open beta, and now they have new ones to compare to in Homecoming, if they stick to the TA advantage is simply because the numbers have been more or less fixed, achieving a better balance between victories with blue/red coin. Are you looking for an exact 50% W/L? Sorry but you can also get close to it.

What I said before about the playerbase is just common sense. I tried to provide a plausible reason regarding why certain players may experience long queue times. Mines are more or less alright. Another reason might be that now players without games are not counting towards the ranking, whereas before they did, so maybe before the playerbase wasn't as great (I stopped playing during the 6 months wait and still figure in the leaderboard, I think) and now isn't as bad.

Moderator: All right, I see some warmth building up here. Cool it off, please. Keep the discussion friendly.

Who knows how many are playing HC these days, but I played 1 game, have 38MMR, and am top 29,000 already.

A far cry from before HC, when I usually found myself bundled in the 100,000+ group early on in a season prior to playing many matches.

The new ranking system works differently, but those numbers don't look reassuring.

Overall I like the changes. Having the provision limit tied to the leader's ability seems an improvement.

Unfortunately, Voorhis got the second place with +18 provisions. As I want to face RNG-Reveal as little as possible, this scares me...

Who knows how many are playing HC these days, but I played 1 game, have 38MMR, and am top 29,000 already.

A far cry from before HC, when I usually found myself bundled in the 100,000+ group early on in a season prior to playing many matches.

The new ranking system works differently, but those numbers don't look reassuring.

Same here: a single ranked match played, 32 MMR, top 30000.
After 3 wins I got 4000 position ahead, which is quite a jump.

So, we may have the impression that the game is going downhill because the veteran players are more active in the forums and they are giving negative feedback, while in game, the playerbase is raising in numbers (I don't know, only CDPR does).

You can argue that Gwent Homecoming is a better game than old beta Gwent. That's just subjective. Different people like different things. But arguing that we don't know the numbers, that Twitch viewership, or leaderboard standings, or Reddit active users are not good indicators of the health of the game is pretty much denial.
The playerbase has shrunk.

The playerbase has shrunk.
I can't argue with that, but I truely believe the game is on the right track now, specially after the last dev streams and this latest patch. There's no turning back from HC now, the game can only move forward. "It's always darkest before the dawn".

Like others have said, if you don't like the game right now (the base core of it), move on, there are other CCGs out there waiting for you. If you like it, but are waiting for more tweeks and balancing and expansions, like me, then I'm sure we'll have lots of fun as time passes.

I can't wait for the upcoming expansion, and for the old channels like A Round of Gwent to come back. And as the e-Sports events start happening again, along with a more aggressive marketing campaign, I don't see any reason for Gwent's future not to be brighter.

Cheers!

Top Bottom