Multiplayer and what you think it could be

+
I don't see a lot of talk about this so I'm probably one of the few who are interested in what they have in mind for doing multiplayer. Personally, I hope they plan on creating a class/role system for it instead of being able to be everything like the single player game. I would like to see them utilize the classes, stats and skills from the source game into the multiplayer.

I would still like to see the open world we have now but with missions that require multiple people. Maybe my guy is all combat and I need a netrunner, better go find someone.

It's kind of funny that they would give the Cyberpunk 2020 Core Rulebook instead of Cyberpunk Red as part of the pre-order package and there is zero similarities between 2077 and 2020 in terms of core gameplay. Cyberpunk Red ties in with 2077 better than 2020

My ideas/suggestions

- Classes/Roles - Solo, Netrunner, Nomad, Corpo ect
- Better Stat System - Proper use of stats to skills. Cool is not a stealth stat or even used in that sense
- Better Skills System - More choices of skills such as Driving, Martial Arts. Lockpicking,
- Reputation/Street Cred - The higher the rep the more you are known but maybe it's not necessarily for good reasons. This would be your character level system
- Humanity/Empathy - Getting cybered up comes at a cost as you start losing humanity and slip closer to cyberpsychosis
- Faction/Gang Reputation System - The more you attack/help a gang or do things against them/for them in their territory you start gain faction rep
- Better Weapon/Armor/Cybernetic Choices

What do you guys think that multiplayer is going to be like and what would you like to see?

I picture the online to be a copy of GTA online in the same style of open world we have now. Just hopefully with actual stuff to do.

Last edited:
I personally hope MULTIPLAYER NEVER EXISTS.

- I think its a waste off dev time not only in its development but in all the other things that come with it. ( just look at the above post you see its already started)
- I rather the resources be spend on improving story , romance dlc, taking stats off clothes so I can wear what I want for once.
- not all games need to have "multiplayer"

Last edited:

Icinix

Forum veteran
..... and what would you like to see?

Hopefully it getting cancelled.

I remember defending BioWare on the old BSN when they were saying they were exploring multiplayer options and online elements for their games...I argued that it wouldn't take away from the single player, the stories, the role playing....

...anyway...here we are...in the last 6 years since Inquisition we got the much maligned Andromeda, one cancelled multiplayer game...and well...Anthem....

There is only 1 online game I was ever able to get into and that was Star Wars Galaxies, before the NGE nerf that ruined the game. I tried other MMOs, but those only lasted a couple days before I up and quit.

If they were to somehow make this into a true sandbox MMO like SWG was, I might be able to get into it. But if they were to do it and try to make it like every other MMO out there, count me out.

I personally hope MULTIPLAYER NEVER EXISTS.

- I think its a waste off dev time not only in its devolvement but in all the other things that come with it. ( just look at the above post you see its already started)
- I rather the recourses be spend on improving story , romance dlc, taking stats off clothes so I can wear what I want for once.
- not all games need to have "multiplayer"
Hopefully it getting cancelled.

I remember defending BioWare on the old BSN when they were saying they were exploring multiplayer options and online elements for their games...I argued that it wouldn't take away from the single player, the stories, the role playing....

...anyway...here we are...in the last 6 years since Inquisition we got the much maligned Andromeda, one cancelled multiplayer game...and well...Anthem....
It's funny how you two complain about multiplayer for a game based off of a multiplayer pen and paper game :shrug:

Maybe not for you but for me it'd be awesome to get a gig then realize, shit, I need a hacker, and have to go through my contacts/friends list to see if there's a hacker available to help me with a gig.

To put it simple, I picture a very GTA Online copy with an open world and doing missions with some missions needing multiple players involved.

I don't want them to ever add multiplayer to this game. It would be worthless and antithetical to the core of the game, in my view, and like, what would you even do in it?? The game isn't designed for multiplayer and I think that's a good thing; it gives them far more focus to make it worthwhile in every other aspect.

It's funny how you two complain about multiplayer for a game based off of a multiplayer pen and paper game :shrug:

Maybe not for you but for me it'd be awesome to get a gig then realize, shit, I need a hacker, and have to go through my contacts/friends list to see if there's a hacker available to help me with a gig.

To put it simple, I picture a very GTA Online copy with an open world and doing missions with some missions needing multiple players involved.

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

All basedon PNP no multiplayer

Another PNP game

VtM: Bloodlines 2

Please show me where multiplayer is listed there.

drops mic

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Please show me where multiplayer is listed there.

drops mic
Isometric turn based games games that the devs never mentioned adding multiplayer to

drops mic.

If you don't want to talk about multiplayer, have any interest in multiplayer then move along and don't try to derail and flamebait a thread

Ironically, those games actually still follow the core rules from their pen and paper counterpart

Last edited:
Isometric turn based games games that the devs never mentioned adding multiplayer to

drops mic
1/10
- cp devs have publicly stated that they haven't even made a decision on if it will ever be included or not. and you failed to include bloodlines. 2 no announcement or any mention of it on that game either.

You forgot VtM: Redemption and VtM: Bloodines
If you don't want to talk about multiplayer, have any interest in multiplayer then move along and don't try to derail and flamebait a thread

Devs have stated multiplayer will be coming. Sorry to burst your bubble now move along

I don't think they need to add classes, they just need to dial down the amount of stat points players get or make it so raising stats gets more expensive the higher they go.

Devs have stated multiplayer will be coming. Sorry to burst your bubble now move along

I haven't seen that but I hope it will be canceled if it has .

I don't think they need to add classes, they just need to dial down the amount of stat points players get or make it so raising stats gets more expensive the higher they go.
Classes are an integral part of the core game tho but maybe not in the sense of you picking a class but designed around builds still. As right now I thought it was silly I could be a hacking one person army.

I don't want them to ever add multiplayer to this game. It would be worthless and antithetical to the core of the game, in my view, and like, what would you even do in it?? The game isn't designed for multiplayer and I think that's a good thing; it gives them far more focus to make it worthwhile in every other aspect.
In my opinion the game fits perfectly for some kind of multiplayer since at least you can have your buddies there or random people rushing in car to other missions filling more lifefully the streets of NC. If they're not gonna give citizens a good AI, which seems not gonna happen, at least let them there for funny street accidents or something.

well said

I personally don;t see it happening untill mid 2022.

I got this for the singleplayer, but I would deff try the multiplayer.
I hope it is co-op focused rather than PVP and that would make more sense to keep it PvE imo. Kinda like pulling off jobs, and players meet at clubs (hubs) or can choose to explore night city with a few friends akin to the division.
I don't think they can pull off an open world multiplayer experience without bringing in significant help, giving how buggy single player is. Imagine the bugginess of a multiplayer.

I personally don;t see it happening untill mid 2022.
Agreed maybe end of 2021

I got this for the singleplayer, but I would deff try the multiplayer.
I got this for Cyberpunk lol. Learning that they are looking to adding multiplayer was just a bonus
I hope it is co-op focused rather than PVP and that would make more sense to keep it PvE imo. Kinda like pulling off jobs, and players meet at clubs (hubs) or can choose to explore night city with a few friends akin to the division.
That How I'm picturing it but there is something that is missing and that is the combat zone. It's part of Night City and the name literally means what it says. There is no police. Police won't even bother going out there. That could be a pvp zone
I don't think they can pull off an open world multiplayer experience without bringing in significant help, giving how buggy single player is. Imagine the bugginess of a multiplayer.
The foundation is absolutely there and I'm pretty sure that's a reason it wasn't even close to being included considering the state of the game on certain hardware and the consoles. And would most likely be a totally different team that works on it

Top Bottom