Multiplayer and what you think it could be

+
I personally hope MULTIPLAYER NEVER EXISTS.

- I think its a waste off dev time not only in its devolvement but in all the other things that come with it. ( just look at the above post you see its already started)
- I rather the recourses be spend on improving story , romance dlc, taking stats off clothes so I can wear what I want for once.
- not all games need to have "multiplayer"

Personally I hope it can be introduced, but only after the resolution of the various problems of the consoles and small things for the PC and only after the release of some DLC

To put it simple, I picture a very GTA Online copy with an open world and doing missions with some missions needing multiple players involved.

Not tryna be a dick here but it is exactly this line of thinking that got so many people having a full on anal prolapse about how the game actually plays. I ain't excusing the bugs/bad optimization/lack of features that they shipped this game with, but y'all gotta get it through your heads, this ain't GTA and it will never be GTA

Hi all!
I would love to see polished MP game. CDPR stated many times that MP will be separate title based on CP2077.

"So, first, we don't call it modes. It's a separate dedicated production, a big production. We think about it as a standalone product."

"Multiplayer was never separated from Cyberpunk 2077 as it was never a part of it. It is a separate project made by a separate team.'"

“It’s a separate dedicated production, a big production and we plan — we think about it as a standalone product. Obviously, it’s not entirely standalone as it comes from the universe of Cyberpunk and is very much related to the concept of single-player Cyberpunk we – I came up with. But from our perspective, it – is another independent production and independent team of people works on it.”

I guess all we can expect from singleplayer is NC map with some changes. I suppose it will be mostly co-op like pen and paper version of the game where different class players gether to do missions led by game master. I expect something like heists in GTA Online (4 playes raid Arasaka R&D and steal some data/sabotage it).

There can be combat zone for open PvP but they will need good anti-cheat (there isn't any good in GTA). I hope they will change weapon stats to be on par for the same model of pistol, rifle etc. Same with armor and other equipment.

I wouldn't expect it to come before 2023, so plenty of time to do it great. Fingers crossed.

Guest 4529090

I don't see a lot of talk about this so I'm probably one of the few who are interested in what they have in mind for doing multiplayer. Personally, I hope they plan on creating a class/role system for it instead of being able to be everything like the single player game. I would like to see them utilize the classes, stats and skills from the source game into the multiplayer.

I would still like to see the open world we have now but with missions that require multiple people. Maybe my guy is all combat and I need a netrunner, better go find someone.

It's kind of funny that they would give the Cyberpunk 2020 Core Rulebook instead of Cyberpunk Red as part of the pre-order package and there is zero similarities between 2077 and 2020 in terms of core gameplay. Cyberpunk Red ties in with 2077 better than 2020

My ideas/suggestions

- Classes/Roles - Solo, Netrunner, Nomad, Corpo ect
- Better Stat System - Proper use of stats to skills. Cool is not a stealth stat or even used in that sense
- Better Skills System - More choices of skills such as Driving, Martial Arts. Lockpicking,
- Reputation/Street Cred - The higher the rep the more you are known but maybe it's not necessarily for good reasons. This would be your character level system
- Humanity/Empathy - Getting cybered up comes at a cost as you start losing humanity and slip closer to cyberpsychosis
- Faction/Gang Reputation System - The more you attack/help a gang or do things against them/for them in their territory you start gain faction rep
- Better Weapon/Armor/Cybernetic Choices

What do you guys think that multiplayer is going to be like and what would you like to see?

I picture the online to be a copy of GTA online in the same style of open world we have now. Just hopefully with actual stuff to do.

I want no MMO-bs of sorts .
I am tired of grinding , rng , low drop rates , "spend the highest possible number of hours while getting the minimum amount of progression" crap , microtransactions , stuff that forces me to play with others .

What I'd want is simply just a casual RPG I can enjoy with my friends by inviting them to my world or by going to their own's ( whenever I feel like it ) and all have some random chill fun togheter , something that doesn't feel like everything's going to be like a chore and which forces me to constantly look for parties and other classes , something that I can enjoy and have fun playing after a long tiring day of school / college / work .

Of course I'd like to be able to do dungeons / quests / missions , ecc with my friends....but I want it to be something you do cause you want to rather than cause you have to .

If they can make Night City actually run, I'd love to play a Grand Theft Auto Online-esque world for years.

Things with story missions, heists, and characters.

I'd also love if it's set before the game so we can have Jackie and Evelyn.

Many may not understand that CP is not GTA. They may have similar things but they are two separate worlds, with separate lives. GTA is a great game, but it's not CP. Therefore this constant confrontation with GTA distorts the beauty of the CP game. CP is a world of its own, which calls some games to the distance, but it's CP and that's it

Well, my skepticism of there may or may not be a multiplayer CP2077 game has been laid to rest.
I checked out their career section at the top of the page and very clearly they have a Multiplayer section with half a dozen positions available for CP2077

Guest 4531988

With the Traffic, Lightning, and other limited functionality of the systems. It will be a far far far worse GTA online experience, except graphically/aesthetically. The AI limited scope of pathing makes it incredibly easy to cheese-wiz.

Well, my skepticism of there may or may not be a multiplayer CP2077 game has been laid to rest.
I checked out their career section at the top of the page and very clearly they have a Multiplayer section with half a dozen positions available for CP2077
The have announced a multiplayer part over a year ago, they always said it would come a year or more after the singleplayer and dlc

The have announced a multiplayer part over a year ago, they always said it would come a year or more after the singleplayer and dlc
I didn't follow the game that closely (I never do with any game) and never use tweeter or any of those social medias. Only saw a couple trailers, watched the last livewire ep right before release and maybe read an article so I had not heard or seen anything about multiplayer.

I think they can't even think about the idea of a MP game until they have fixed the world they have built. Unless they are literally planning on starting from ground zero and not using anything but the setting from CP77.

And yes I know they said it would be a completely different game but the initial idea was probably made with the intention of utilizing some of Cyberpunk 2077 assets for the multiplayer project, right now that is simply not viable.

First they have to fix and make the single player game the game they promised before I would even look at the mulitplayer.

If they do that then....

1. PVE only. No GTA online where modders can just brake any and all balancing. Plus PVP isn't needed in a game like this.
If it has to have it make it instanced, but in my opinion PVP just becomes a balancing act in which PVE gets hurt more than anything. A Co-op where you and your friends take on Night City. (I do not want to have to download an anti-cheat software just to play it)

2. Real story branching gameplay. Like playing the PnP Cyberpunk 2020 in an open world where the DM is the city itself.

3. Classes are ok if IF they are customizable like in the PnP I want to lvl my merc and progress my skills and truly make it my own.

4. Story has to take center stage. If they truly want to make a Cyberpunk multiplayer take the Cyberpunk 2020 and red as you bible. They could sell so many story extensions and expansions for it.

If CDPR want to sell this as a standalone game and not a free update they have to deliver what they promised. Make a true to form Cyberpunk game which could be called the PnP in a virtual environment.

But at this point I'm more worry what they will do to fix the single player. How they fix that will tell me what I need to know about the Multiplayer. Hell it will tell me if I ever want to pick up a CDPR product again period.

Variations in builds is always welcome;
I imagine my friends and I trying to figure out who can breach protocols the fastest and choosing them as our netrunner.
Finding out who is the most aggressive to help him loot those gorilla arms, or purchase some advanced scopes for our patient sniper player. Even bidding for some advanced stealth tech for our melee damage dealer to allow him to avoid being pinged and be able to close the gap. Creating an overall synergy with our playstyles that lend themselves to a vast amount of strategies possible.

I would like your character to not so much be your character, but to be the version of your character you saved on your relic the last time you visited your apartment. This means it is basically always critical that you approach any challenges well prepared, lest you lose progress by losing time.

I want players that wish to randomly kill other's to be labelled CyberPsycho's, Psycho's should not be able to group up, or be able to easily tell players apart, they have lost their minds after all. They become unwelcome to any activities, they can no longer accept jobs, they can no longer bank eddie's. And their bounty should scale with their ferocity. This turns trolls into challenges, random events that can occur any time. But first and foremost, Night City should be fun without them, it needs to be a place that players want to defend. But anything should be possible.

Night City would be an amazing playground.

I hope they keep the scale, CP is one of the first games that I feel the scale is just right. Cars should be difficult to maneuver, bikes are faster but hold more risk of hurting or killing yourself. Getting around NC shouldn't be easy. NPC's shouldn't take shit either. It should be in your interest to treat people with respect if you want some in return, especially if you happen to on your way back to upload to your relic.....

I know people will say it would be impossible to balance or it could never work, but those people have no imaginations...

JagoA

Forum regular
I want no MMO-bs of sorts .
I am tired of grinding , rng , low drop rates , "spend the highest possible number of hours while getting the minimum amount of progression" crap , microtransactions , stuff that forces me to play with others .

What I'd want is simply just a casual RPG I can enjoy with my friends by inviting them to my world or by going to their own's ( whenever I feel like it ) and all have some random chill fun togheter , something that doesn't feel like everything's going to be like a chore and which forces me to constantly look for parties and other classes , something that I can enjoy and have fun playing after a long tiring day of school / college / work .

Of course I'd like to be able to do dungeons / quests / missions , ecc with my friends....but I want it to be something you do cause you want to rather than cause you have to .

I think the point is that there should be an incentive for people to work with one another in teams for missions, if one person can do everything then there would be almost no real need to really befriend others to do missions in the long term rather than just queue with strangers.

It's good that you expect to be able to play for friends just for fun, but in a multiplayer game you need to think about how to try and make solo players want to play together and form connections with other players. It's very much possible to do soft role "locks" where players will be compelled to specialize in different roles such as melee ranged hacking etc ( Not saying I know what the roles should be, that something for the devs to figure out :ohstopit:)

I've been avoiding actually posting this but it appears a lot of people don't even know the origins of this game but here is a quick break down of classes/ROLES. This is based from the most current table top installment of Cyberpunk called Cyberpunk Red which ties into 2077. So if you browse through this, you can definitely tell that the classes are designed for specific roles.

Cyber Roles-page-001.jpg

It's a desaster in the making with the single player game not even working properly.

I hope for Cyberpunk 2077 that they scrap it and focus on this game.

It's pretty clear though that it will be a separate release.

I want players that wish to randomly kill other's to be labelled CyberPsycho's, Psycho's should not be able to group up, or be able to easily tell players apart, they have lost their minds after all. They become unwelcome to any activities, they can no longer accept jobs, they can no longer bank eddie's. And their bounty should scale with their ferocity. This turns trolls into challenges, random events that can occur any time. But first and foremost, Night City should be fun without them, it needs to be a place that players want to defend. But anything should be possible.

I Love this idea for PvEvP. Griefers will always exist, so why not just implement systems that give it gameplay relevance and incentivizing teamwork. Would love contracts for for hunting the cyberpsychos!

I don't see a lot of talk about this so I'm probably one of the few who are interested in what they have in mind for doing multiplayer. Personally, I hope they plan on creating a class/role system for it instead of being able to be everything like the single player game. I would like to see them utilize the classes, stats and skills from the source game into the multiplayer.
a ****** live service with a lot of ****** microtransition (full EA style)

Top Bottom