Multiplayer and what you think it could be

+
Im pretty sure CDPR has already stated that it will focus on the single player experience, as in updates, fixes and eventually dlc, and once thats all said and done, they’ll release Cyberpunk’s multiplayer mode for “free” (it’ll be included in the base game). With this, along with the possibility of modding, i have a feeling that all those hoping for that great single player experience will eventually get that. if you arent into the multiplayer, thats okay, but i for one am so excited for the possibilities that a multiplayer cyberpunk could bring to the table. i do believe that the developers truly care about this game, and i can see them continuing to support this game, and turn it into the masterpiece we all expected.
Post automatically merged:

a ****** live service with a lot of ****** microtransition (full EA style)

i got no issue with microtransactions in a multiplayer game planned 2 years down the line, that is an add on to a game that i’ve bought. If a company is planning a multiplayer live-service game, then they need to have a way to monetize it. look at sea of thieves or Elderscrolls online. The one exception would be ghost of tsushima which had no microtransactions, and a phenomenal multiplayer mode, but im pretty sure that company didnt have plans for long-term support, as they’re already working on a sequel.

What do you guys think that multiplayer is going to be like and what would you like to see?

I want an FPS/MMO/RPG game featuring:

1. MMORPG elements such as:
  • rich character customization,
  • challenging PvE content for groups / raids,
  • skill progression, gear (clothing + cyberware + weapon) progression,
  • mounts (vehicles),
  • crafting (instead of resource nodes and gathering, resources can drop from pve / pvp activities),
  • guilds (gangs?),
  • housing (apartment)
2. Small scale PvP with focus on gunplay (FPS)
  • better aim wins
  • no smart weapons / quickhacks / melee (or very limited)
  • no gear advantage
3. Large scale PvP with focus on builds (MMORPG)
  • better build / synergy / coordination wins
  • smart weapons / quickhacks / melee / anything
  • gear advantage applies
  • (Not expecting aim-intensive gunplay for large scale PvP. Technology is not there yet.)
  • build system should be balanced (unlike what we have now) to allow diversity.
4. PvP car races (Racing / FPS)
  • 2+ players per vehicle (1 driver, 1+ shooters)
  • ~6 vehicles per race.
5. Social areas (MMORPG)
  • bars, strip clubs, gyms (features boxing rings and enables brawling), Nomad camps(?)
  • 3rd person view should be available (at least) in social areas.
6. Breach protocol (or similar) mini-game integrated into raids and PvP
  • Single try per raid / match.
  • Debuff enemies, or buff allies.
  • More sequences -> more buffs / debuffs.
  • Cannot complete all sequences. Necessity to choose buffs / debuffs enriches strategy aspect.
  • Should be significantly more challenging than what we have now for single player(!). Unlocking the most impactful buffs/debuffs should be rare.

Things I do not want:
  1. No dedicated servers
  2. Insufficient anti-cheat measures
  3. Lack of MP development experience resulting in poor performace (lagfest, rubberbanding, hits not registering, ...)
  4. Featuring no FPS at all. Being just another MMORPG.
  5. Pay-to-win

I don't see a lot of talk about this so I'm probably one of the few who are interested in what they have in mind for doing multiplayer. Personally, I hope they plan on creating a class/role system for it instead of being able to be everything like the single player game. I would like to see them utilize the classes, stats and skills from the source game into the multiplayer.

I would still like to see the open world we have now but with missions that require multiple people. Maybe my guy is all combat and I need a netrunner, better go find someone.

It's kind of funny that they would give the Cyberpunk 2020 Core Rulebook instead of Cyberpunk Red as part of the pre-order package and there is zero similarities between 2077 and 2020 in terms of core gameplay. Cyberpunk Red ties in with 2077 better than 2020

My ideas/suggestions

- Classes/Roles - Solo, Netrunner, Nomad, Corpo ect
- Better Stat System - Proper use of stats to skills. Cool is not a stealth stat or even used in that sense
- Better Skills System - More choices of skills such as Driving, Martial Arts. Lockpicking,
- Reputation/Street Cred - The higher the rep the more you are known but maybe it's not necessarily for good reasons. This would be your character level system
- Humanity/Empathy - Getting cybered up comes at a cost as you start losing humanity and slip closer to cyberpsychosis
- Faction/Gang Reputation System - The more you attack/help a gang or do things against them/for them in their territory you start gain faction rep
- Better Weapon/Armor/Cybernetic Choices

What do you guys think that multiplayer is going to be like and what would you like to see?

I picture the online to be a copy of GTA online in the same style of open world we have now. Just hopefully with actual stuff to do.
I hope CDPR never implements multiplayer for this game.
Nothing worse than having some little 12 y/o talk shit while you are trying to play.
I can understand wanting to play with friends and whatnot, but honestly, NO.
Ok, well maybe if it was totally separate from SP play, then maybe. Unless they pull a ME3 and MP affects SP, then again, NO

I hope CDPR never implements multiplayer for this game.
Nothing worse than having some little 12 y/o talk shit while you are trying to play.
I can understand wanting to play with friends and whatnot, but honestly, NO.
Ok, well maybe if it was totally separate from SP play, then maybe. Unless they pull a ME3 and MP affects SP, then again, NO

They’ve already stated that it’s in the works, but it’s going to be a stand-alone product in a sense. It’s included if you’ve purchased Cyberpunk, but it won’t effect multiplayer, as it is it’s own mode.

This game have everything . play area , liveing area. Dungeon . ppl can patron for buy a house . decorate it . or made guild hall :0
its good if its become online game

My life is stay at home. I step in to many online world on my 2nd life . even a game . is aollow to build house . pvp 100 vs 100 or 200 vs 200 or more. have even
naval battle. castle war.

online type p2p like bl3 or warframe. . or have a server . or A giant server ., huge scale online.

I dream about this game able to online and can modify gun like cod . even I found various color gun in game. but its not able to purchase or modify . or a dress
is NPC wear . its not exsist for player. well . I just wanna tell . This game have all material is able to made it online its all :0

Online made game lively . can made a season pass . patron ., E shop . Event. etc. Online game made a game not dead. some game is I know . already pass a decade
but still have ppl there. even its just around 5 % of entire player base . They e shop still ruining. Its have social inside there.. TS discord . clan player.
and life ... thing....

Its good if i see cyberpunk 2077 online. no story line interfere. Just online . . lvl . event . dungeon . like other game is I spend my life time step in that world before :>
and keep this offline story line for incase . zombie claw on earth every where. and We must play a game @ our underground shelter *facepalm - _ - ~

cheer

Guest 4529090

I think the point is that there should be an incentive for people to work with one another in teams for missions, if one person can do everything then there would be almost no real need to really befriend others to do missions in the long term rather than just queue with strangers.

It's good that you expect to be able to play for friends just for fun, but in a multiplayer game you need to think about how to try and make solo players want to play together and form connections with other players. It's very much possible to do soft role "locks" where players will be compelled to specialize in different roles such as melee ranged hacking etc ( Not saying I know what the roles should be, that something for the devs to figure out :ohstopit:)

Sure but this is still a singleplayer game by the end of the day....unless you want a more MMO-ish version of it in which we all have to party up with others to do stuff , there's open world pvp , the game becomes grindy and rng based as hell cause you gotta keep dem people playing , new gear / classes / perks come out once every "x" making your previous progress feel invalid , ecc .

I know that from a social point of view it'd be nice for it to find a way to allow you to form new connections to new people...but I still don't want this game's multiplayer to feel like what I mentioned above .
I have college to deal with , I have to practice at art which is my hobby, I have to deal with a part time job , I have to take care of my real world social life...I do not have the time nor the will to spend 6+ hours a day grinding in some game anymore nor do I think this is a fine model to promote as it shows no regards whatsoever for the player as a person with its own life and issues to deal with before taking the gaming aspect into account .

I want a multiplayer mode to have fun with my friends or even to make new ones by the end of the day , when I am done dealing with all of the crap life throws at me every day....I don't want a new separate game in which I will feel behind unless I spend every day of my life playing it for a huge chunk of the day .
A game's meant to have fun and relax , it shouldn't feel like a second job .

"Casual fun together" keeps being what I ask for .

Sure but this is still a singleplayer game by the end of the day....unless you want a more MMO-ish version of it in which we all have to party up with others to do stuff , there's open world pvp , the game becomes grindy and rng based as hell cause you gotta keep dem people playing , new gear / classes / perks come out once every "x" making your previous progress feel invalid , ecc .

I know that from a social point of view it'd be nice for it to find a way to allow you to form new connections to new people...but I still don't want this game's multiplayer to feel like what I mentioned above .
I have college to deal with , I have to practice at art which is my hobby, I have to deal with a part time job , I have to take care of my real world social life...I do not have the time nor the will to spend 6+ hours a day grinding in some game anymore nor do I think this is a fine model to promote as it shows no regards whatsoever for the player as a person with its own life and issues to deal with before taking the gaming aspect into account .

I want a multiplayer mode to have fun with my friends or even to make new ones by the end of the day , when I am done dealing with all of the crap life throws at me every day....I don't want a new separate game in which I will feel behind unless I spend every day of my life playing it for a huge chunk of the day .
A game's meant to have fun and relax , it shouldn't feel like a second job .

"Casual fun together" keeps being what I ask for .
Cyberpunk MP is not a new gamemode for this game. It is a different game with release date 2022+ (as far as we know).

Cyberpunk MP is not a new gamemode for this game. It is a different game with release date 2022+ (as far as we know).

From what i’ve seen so far, it is a different game, but it’s still connected to the base Cyberpunk 2077 (think in terms of Red Dead Online, or GTA Online). It’s not a different product that you’ll have to dish out another $80 for.

From what i’ve seen so far, it is a different game, but it’s still connected to the base Cyberpunk 2077 (think in terms of Red Dead Online, or GTA Online). It’s not a different product that you’ll have to dish out another $80 for.
It can only be a very limited gamemode for the same single player game we are playing, unless they charge separately for it. Think of Elder Scrolls and ESO, how different they are. You don't develop two different games and then charge for one. Not to mention the technical difficulties you face when you try to create multiplayer experince in a game designed with single player in mind. Remember Crysis for example. Everything was on client side, and soon people found out that they could open and edit a few XML files in their game folder and start shooting tactical nukes out of their automatic rifles.

So it is EITHER a very limited multiplayer gamemode OR a full game that you have to pay for separately. Obviously, I favor the second option, and also I think it is the only option that makes sense.

My idea for multiplayer - 40 people play the game at the same time, the person who's games crashes first wins.

Top Bottom