Multiplayer confirmed

+
Why would they make PVE of any kind in MP when they have Single player for that ??? most of MP games are about PVP.

My idea ties the whole world together though, from coprs, to roles, to gangs, to everything. Sure you can add stuff like Deathmatch but Cyberpunk doesnt sound so barbaric to me. Different parties are fighting for a power, thats my impression of Cyberpunk-

Perhaps this is the "other AAA RPG by 2021" they have planned, which has been (one of) my theory(ies) for a while.
no they said while back the other game is just another one of the 5 projects they have going 3 of them where cyberpunk related 2 not
Post automatically merged:

Why would they make PVE of any kind in MP when they have Single player for that ??? most of MP games are about PVP.
pvp multiplayer games are short lived people get bored with them fast. pve multiplayer games have long lives warframe is perfect example its almost entirely pve attempts at pvp additions to it have failed multiple times. and Warframe is approaching 7 years of strong life as a game. while a pvp MP game may get 2 years if its lucky

I am still not sure how Warframe ever got to be so popular :D first time i try that game it was crap, even now i am not so impressed.

Also for a RPG i never liked the idea of Co-op or MP it just don't feel right, i don't say is bad just i don't like it plus to play with some random guy no thx, my friend played DOS2 with his brother and he wanted to kill him some time from anger, i can imagen geting totaly piss on some random dude during some quest or gameplay.

Good that it's coming after the main game.

While I (still) have no interest in playing multiplayer I am interested to see what kind of a multiplayer it will be.

There was once a nice F2P FPS called Blacklight: Retribution.
I think it had TDM and had cyberpunk styled visuals.

But they shut down the servers this year I think.

I played BLR and I remember some Tokio-style cyberpunk street in some maps (Evacuation or Safehold i think ). Nostalgia.
Related to CP2077 MP i don't know what to think... I'm waiting for the Main game and later we will see...

I have both ideal preferences on how MP could roughly look like and what I do not want to see or dislike.

A "woven into" Coop approach or something akin to open world MP like GTA (only in general concept) is what I prefer over limited matches in limited world spaces or "maps".

If they can make it so you can play and evolve a character in a relatively persistent MP setting as if playing single player but with others, kudos to them.

If it's more match or round based it's not my cup of tea. I'd also play that but rarely and favor MO in a large or open worldspace with interaction possibilities with the world.

E: To add, generally good news for all!

I'm probably in the minority but I hope its a GTA online system with PvP and PvE combined. GTA online has some negative connotation because of the business practices that Rockstar and Take Two have implemented in it, but the core gameplay and concept are incredibly fun. Roaming around Night CIty with your friends and fighting against another squad sounds like a really good time.

One reason would be because it fits with the whole PNP deal. I'm by no means a routine PNP player but my understanding is it tends to revolve around getting a group of people together and playing "together". This is not to say it would have to be co-op because, well, PNP has a lot of freedom in terms of what you can do with it.

I wouldn't say it's fair to claim most MP games are about PVP either. Plenty of MP games have a focus on players cooperating with each other. Others provide a wider spectrum.

If anything, I wouldn't be a huge fan of PVP for CP2077. At least, not using the formula you would find in, say, a competitive FPS. RPG's tend to have evolving characters, extended narratives, deep progression systems, etc. The game is clearly being built as a single-player RPG first and foremost. All of the mechanics and game systems are going to be focused toward that end. This approach doesn't tend to play well when you slap competitive PVP on top of it.

I'd prefer it if MP was built as small group co-op and/or setup in a way where players are arbitrarily dropped into the same game world, without any predefined goals.

My vote goes for Corp Wars, maybe even PVE style. You can do PVE missions against other players etc. Corp Wars is unique concept in game industry, only Cyberpunk can do it.

^
This I wouldn't have any issue with. Players "competing" against other each other though the environment. It could be quite interesting.

Personally wish that CDPR would not waste time and resources on this. It's not what I love about their games and not something that I can imagine myself ever even trying once.

I do get and like how the second part of the tweet shows that they are sensitive to the fact that a large part of their customer base doesn't give half a rat's hairy hindparts about multiplayer. They clearly know this and are trying to make sure that people like me know that they're prioritizing the SP first.

But beyond that, they're going to be spending time, effort and money on something that has zero appeal to me personally, which means that the next game after Cyberpunk2077 will have resources that could be used on it instead being diverted to a multiplayer mode that I have no interest in at all.

It always baffles me how companies just can't stick with the person that brought them to the dance in the first place.

Last edited:

Keive

Forum regular
Really excited for multiplayer, just because I think it be fun to meet new people through it :)
However, yeah not so big on PVP myself, if it is more PVE then I'm pretty much on board with it.
Also I think it's good to keep the game well, "alive", though if it looks as good as what we've seen on release, then it will probably be re-playable.
Either way, if it's coming after the game and isn't what they focus on now then that's good, I rather have a excellent single player game rather than multiplayer anyway.

I do not want co-op in any way, shape, or form.

Putting mp co-op in the game means they build single-player content AROUND multiplayer, either in the base game or in future content.

This is just an "open-world action multiplayer" game now.

Agree completely with this. When I'm playing an immersive, story driven game I very specifically don't want anybody else in it. There are some things that are better without other people talking during the middle. Reading a book, watching a movie, etc.

CDPR has earned the benefit of the doubt and Cyberpunk2077 is still a day 1 buy for me. I've got no intention of cancelling my PC CE preorder.

But just for me personally, confirmation of MP is something I'm disappointed about, not excited over.

As long as it doesn't take away from the SP game and can be ignored, then OK. But I agree that MP isn't necessary nor will it drive sales. I just don't see the point.

Well .... I am actually not so much surprised we have to know how the multyplayer will be like. But sounds like the average shooter multyplayer mode not something cool ala NWN.

But i was not expecting anything different.

Well .... I am actually not so much surprised we have to know how the multyplayer will be like. But sounds like the average shooter multyplayer mode not something cool ala NWN.
As far as i know, nothing beyond the plan for a multiplayer mode after release was confirmed. So it could be just a PVP shooter using the Cyberpunk setting, could be a mission based coop, could be a full coop for the singleplayer campaign a la D:OS2, could be a RPG shard a la NWN with DM mode or anything else.

I mean, I'd prefer they invest their resources elsewhere, but it is their game and it doesn't hurt the IP or lore.

Personally I'd prefer resources invested in their own "creation kit" similar to Bethesda's. Or more single-player content. Or even a TPP toggle for people.

I don't really think I've seen many, if any, single-player games that weren't negatively impacted by adding multiplayer.

All in all, if it's post-launch and we still get single-player expansions, and no micro/macrotransactions, then I'll be content.

My only hope is for 3 to 4 player coop, I play GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2s online and the trolls are annoying. I'd rather play with friends and avoid that. I hope it doesn't interfere with expansions, I'm aware they're planning on doing them but with MP taking up resources and time you just never know what will happen.

I don't really think I've seen many, if any, single-player games that weren't negatively impacted by adding multiplayer.
Neverwinter Nights 1 had some really great roleplaying shards back in the day. Those multiplayer servers also put out lots of assets and improvements that were used by the whole modding community (which was mostly focused on singleplayer). Many of those singleplayer campaings were a massive improvement over the OKish original campaign. Similar thing for Divintiy: Original Sin 1+2. Most multiplayer mods there can also be used in single player. But most of the time, i would agree with your assessment.

Top Bottom