Multiplayer Free or Paid DLC?

+
Hello there cyberpeople

my question

we know there will be multiplayer added later to the game, will it be with a specific paid DLC or as free update for every base game owner?

thanks for reading :)

Nevermind I missread. Yeah the multiplayer is a standalone title.

We know the base game will have some free dlc.

And we know multiplayer will have MTX in some form.

We dont know further than that.

I assume you mean expansions when you say DLC. Its my opinion and dlc, including expansions will be paid for in multiplayer, as the nature of multiplayer games require continued income from the game.

Last edited:
If true, I hope the single player game gets as much attention as the multiplayer, as far as DLC and story expansions. And does not turn out to be like other video games. *cough cough* Rockstar *cough cough*

To be fair, cheaters and modders ruined GTA Online. If they didn't exist, GTA Online would actually be a pretty enjoyable experience and it would definitely be something that I would play.

If CDPR makes their online mode like GTA Online, I wouldn't have anything against that, so long as there aren't any hackers or modders to ruin it.

Making a small competitive game where you can only grind items on the single player campaign and use them in the multiplayer would be the most cool and cyberpunk way to do it imo. I also can't remember a single game who have done that. But they will probably just stay safe and follow the gta footsteps.

At this point we have zero information that Single and Multi Player are in any way related.

It may well be not just a game mode you can opt into but essentially an entirely new game.

I don't expect multi-player to be a free add-on.

I'd paid for multiplayer as long it doesn't end up a Tryhard's Paradise like San Andreas.

To be fair, cheaters and modders ruined GTA Online. If they didn't exist, GTA Online would actually be a pretty enjoyable experience and it would definitely be something that I would play.

Totally true, which is extremely sad considering how much potential GTA5 has. But many decisions by rockstar have been attempting to ruin it, in addition to cheaters.
For example:
- pay-to-win unbalanced items (Oppressor mark II is the single most repulsive ingame item I can think of in the history of video games, and rockstar essentially made it so you could buy it with real world money(shark cards))
- Essentially encouraging players to fight each other with map notifications and messages, even though they gain extremely little benefit from it and it causes a lot of hate and toxicity.
- Giving very little rewards for actually working together (the reward system for people helping you to do CEO and MC business work is total garbage. It doesnt make sense to work for someone else, everybody should just be MC president or CEO themselves)
Whoever is responsible for balancing GTA5 multiplayer doesn't give a F***.

I find something has went extremely wrong if the best way to enjoy GTA5 multiplayer is a solo lobby. But guess what? The game under that mountain of shit is still so good that I keep playing it, still. I just have to create a solo lobby and play by myself..

ps. Lets say that there is a great deal to learn by analyzing GTA5 multiplayer. "Don't do this".

Last edited:
Multiplayer is overrated - in my opinion. Every time I played a multiplayer game, I always tried to beat my opponents or teammates, but when I think about it, I didn't enjoy playing it at all.

We don't know anything about it yet, so pretty much a guessing game at this point.

My guess/hope would be Cyberpunk MP is a F2P game, with people who own CP2077 already get to migrate their Vs & also get some bonus stuffs.

My reasoning behind it being F2P is because putting a bigger incentive for online community growth, maybe even a crossplay elements too.

As for MTX, probably a pretty non aggressive ones like Gwent with premium looking cards (special animated arts), not p2w at all. So maybe for Cyberpunk MP are the premium outfits or premium car decals with some additional effects/ great animated effects??

IN CONCLUSION, basically my expectations would be like "Thronebreaker + Gwent." It make sense for CDPR to follow similar patterns with their existing games that successful enough.

There are great many ways they can do it. A D&D online style co-operative multiplayer, where you form a team beforehand and then do a "heist" would be interesting.. Multiplayer doesn't always have to be PVP.
Now that sounds real cool,if it has alot of Coop missions that are designed by the same team who are designing for the main game it will be a 100% perfect , but if its just a gtaonline clone that will be kinda disappointing for me.

Now that sounds real cool,if it has alot of Coop missions that are designed by the same team who are designing for the main game it will be a 100% perfect , but if its just a gtaonline clone that will be kinda disappointing for me.

Of course the issue with this kind of multiplayer is, that if not enough players are available, all you can do is wait. There probably need to be some sort of solo activities too while waiting. Especially if multiplayer will be a separate game, so you cannot just play the SP campaign while waiting for a team to form.

Same universe, entirely different product/game. Has been stated repeatedly by cdpr in press and investor statements. Go read their financial press releases off their website.

Multiplayer sounds to me like it will be a separate title. If not definitely paid expansion
I know its being developed separately but everything ive heard still makes me believe its going to be an expansion not separate title. But definately likely to be a paid one

Top Bottom