Multiplayer is in the works, how can we help?

+
well obviously singleplayer is top priority. . .no doubt about it... but yes I sure want multiplayer content. . doesn't matter if they take a year ...I just want to have that experience in this game...some people are just being too orthodox about multiplayer version....because SP is what matters ....I want both content. . .men division is a perfect exemple of MP. . .and that's enough said for me. . .because this is just some dumb discussion where we get to the point that isn't worth it since developers not giving much importance. . .and the majority of players waiting for the game treat MP like garbage....I'm a programmer and I fully understand how hard it can be to put it all together. . .I like a good reply where people expose what they think and how they see other people's thoughts, but most of all how they accept that ....and try to find a balance between what each one wants and what everybody want's. . .instead of repressing other peoples thoughts. . .jonny silverhand wouldn't like that. . . xD

So far what I have heard from the devs is they really want the game to be play in your play style. I hope they keep this in multiplayer. I would like to do questing with friends. I would also like to see pvp optional. If pvp is forced I will be opting out of multiplayer. A lot of new games are going forced pvp or battle royal. These modes are fine as long as there is multiplayer for PvE activities. Forced PVP takes the option to play with your play style if you don't like PvP.

I've never been keen on PvP but it has its place.
PvE has always been more enjoyable to me.

I would like team cooperative options so I can run more complex game missions with friends, allowing more diversity.

I see many people talk about pvp and such, but this should only be a side thing..
Main thing I want in the multiplayer is:
Role playing elements + Story + choice matters
Make the above work in a multiplayer cyberpunk universe and take my money

I think MP should mostly just be a coop experience regardless of what form it takes be it an open-world or just short missions in minor instances. if its open-world pvp should be held to like special areas/ arenas without major consequence to one that initiated pvp. Maybe the aggressor treated as if had gone berserk due to too much modification or stimulants. and when cops take them down have a temporary block from implants kinda a cyber impound with things like how long the attack on other players lasted and if they actually killed the other player play a part in how long they handicapped by the loss of some or all implants. maybe have it kick in on like 2nd or third hit in X amount of seconds before it registers as an actual attack on another player. cause lets face it some people are going to be lousy shots and occasionally hit other players without meaning to.

I hope they implement different game modes like battle royale, co-op, PVE co-op, battlefront-ish 40 vs 40.

I know this is way too much but MMORPG would be cool. Even if you make it Not-So-Massive like how Frontier Developments implemented multiplayer in Elite Dangerous. Though that system has some drawbacks.

Speaking about PvE (Co-op). This might be interesting in such a game. Different raids, teamwork ambushes, etc. But, then again, the problem with missions. Adding new quips and all other assets required for co-op player (provided he will take part in dialogues) can be too hard for devs. Yes, they can make the host a "negotiator" and other players some kind of companions who never decide and just follow the leader (thug, bodyguard, whatever you call them).

Free mode where you just explore the city, drive together or just go on the piss is something that would be perfect for me.

I hope they implement different game modes like battle royale, co-op, PVE co-op, battlefront-ish 40 vs 40.

Not sure that gamemodes, like battle royale, 40 vs 40 will be any good in Cyberpunk. Neither in this genre (level difference, interaction through all the skills this game will offer) nor with the weapon this game offers (homing bullets (Titanfall pain intensifies)) provide such a possibility for PvP. Despite the shooter's nature of the game, I believe this game will be far beyond standard attrition. Yes, we can say that devs can add some scaling system for health/damage, but we still have differences between playstyles (Solo, Netrunner and Techie) and their vast difference in their gameplay which will make balancing a big pain in the arse. If they add some attrition-oriented gamemode, then it shouldn't affect player's character, as well as their world (or have little effect, such as dunno, losing a bet). Maybe, some type of wargames with equal equipment and skillset (some kind of illegal entertainment, where people take part in simulated battles where they fight for others' amusement). Or, devs can make some kind of invasion PvP. Like Dying Light. In Dying Light you can invade someone's lobby as some overpowered zombie (which, I should mention has separate skill set and different goal). Since both sides are totally different there's no need to "equalize" all the skills this game will have. Basically all you need is to give both sides tools to attack/defend. In this case, devs can allow invading player to become a human who gone berserk after all the augmentations (which he can choose).

I know this is way too much but MMORPG would be cool. Even if you make it Not-So-Massive like how Frontier Developments implemented multiplayer in Elite Dangerous. Though that system has some drawbacks.

A battle royale? Those kind of games suck. I still don't understand the trend of battle royale games.

I played a lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online before the game was shelved. I enjoyed that style of multiplayer a lot. I would love to see a similar multiplayer style in Cyberpunk 2077, and co-op would also be awesome for playing short missions with friends for when you only have 30 min to play, or if you want to do the whole campaign 🙃 🙃 :-D
I don't know what style you'd call First Assault Online, if someone knows and would like to chime in, please do.

I just wanted to say since IDK if its been said in this thread yet. The Cyberpunk Multiplayer is a separate game that probably won’t release til 2022.
some of my favorite MP pvp games are irregular. The Last of Us pvp was scarily good for a story game. Titanfall shows how high movement pvp could work. R6 siege is the pinnacle of asymmetric combat, attackers vs defenders. And Destiny 2 shows the struggle of balancing pve weapons and combat systems in pvp.

So while I do believe that a GTA Online is indeed the right goal for CP2077MP I would still like to see some team vs team combat gamemodes

Maybe, some type of wargames with equal equipment and skillset (some kind of illegal entertainment, where people take part in simulated battles where they fight for others' amusement).

I like this idea. Sort of like hunger games.

A battle royale? Those kind of games suck. I still don't understand the trend of battle royale games.

What battle royale games have you tried? Just to be clear, in my post I am not referring to Fortnite or PUBG. I thinking more in the lines of Escape From Tarkov. Besides, it's all preferences. What might appeal to you might not appeal to others and vice versa.

I like this idea. Sort of like hunger games.
Well, not exactly. I mean something that resembles Titanfall 2's Coliseum. In this game its a good ol' gladiator fight with wall-running infantry-sized robots which have human's consciousness uploaded and 14.5mm sniper rifles))) Basically good ol' 1v1 experience filled with high-octane pace.
So, idea was that you go to some fight club, pay an entry fee, and jack in (some very real VR experience). Game finds you an enemy and you start fighting each other with similar skills and same weapon up to x wins. The loser loses his money, you get double. The game ends, you jack... out (?) and go about your business. Simple as that. At that point, I believe it will fit in the setting of the game and won't turn Cyberpunk into another pew-pew shooter.

When I heard about multiplayer potentially coming to Cyberpunk, I got real excited because I immediately thought of Syndicate (2012), which is another cyberpunk-styled FPS with a full campaign and co-op multiplayer. My friends and I loved it back on PS3 and I believe it would be the best example for CDPR to follow if and when they decide to take a stab at MP.
It included full narrative-driven missions with characters that had customizable skill trees, different weapons to choose from, and roles for everyone on a team to fill throughout the missions. But to fill that RPG style and give the MP some more things to be preoccupied with, they could include some of those GTA elements, such as a social hub to interact with others between missions, using money earned to buy weapons and cyberware to take into missions, as well as clothing, accessories for your character. Really give people something to work for in a real Cyberpunk way.
Which is also why I believe a PvE experience would be more fitting than a PvP one: it just fits the series. Cyberpunk stems from it's PnP roots, with is inherently PvE. It's also a much easier to manage balance and player wise. PvP brings a whole world of nuances and issues that might be more difficult than what it's worth. I'm not gonna pretend I know how to make a PvP game, but I've played plenty to know it's a hard thing to master. Saying that, if they did go the PvP route, they would have to make it really appealing for it not to be overshadowed by the titans of the competitive FPS world (Call of Duty, CS;GO, etc.).

Coop would be nice !

106506842_2976325232422400_1961915711174871217_n.jpg

For multiplayer, I'd like to be able to set up and record my own brain dances. Similar to a modding tool, would love to create brain dances that are part of a puzzle, mysteries, serial murders (think Strange Days), or even an elusive genius corpo that is dying without an heir and wants to create a series of brain dances that other players can piece together like a puzzle (think ready player one, the book, not the movie!). The tech is there, the ability to play with it would be awesome!

I really really hope they do the Divinity: Original Sin II multiplayer where it is 4-6 player COOP with the world staying just as it is. No unnecessary grind and shit that usually ends up happening in every MMO or game's like GTAV online. Also a GM mode like Divinity: Original Sin II or the Zeus mode in Arma 3 would help to keep the game alive for a very long time. Combined with mod support this game can live one for 2 decades easy.

Another reason why CO-OP via P2P/dedicated servers is the best option is that you don't have to worry about anti-cheat the whole time or patching exploits making you focus solely on releasing new content or game-breaking bugs.
gm-game-field-a-spider-descends-from-the-ceiling-b-100721866-orig.jpg

I've no interest in PvP as I don't tend to play RPGs that way. All the charisma in the world won't save me if you've got a sniper rifle on the other side of the map.

I'd love to see Co-op campaigns, either in the main story, or built as separate things, raids, horde mode, and the like.

Top Bottom