Multiplayer or Single player?

+

Multiplayer or Single player?

• Total voters
Google "Return of Reckoning" for it.
i'm already there) ofcourse, i've found lot of privat servers. but that one seems like still alive and even grows up. not without lags or bugs, and quests are not working... but it's exist!
sorry, that must be off-top. isn't it?

What the... sorry... double post. No idea how that happend.

But I guess I can use this post to write something about the actual topic though. XD

I see no problem with games having multiplayer. It's when games "force" multiplayer on me where I have a problem. Not that that really happends a lot... especially not with singleplayer games where there also is multiplayer.

A reason why I don't really like multiplayer is partly because it means that I am no longer playing the game on my terms, on my time, and on my "pace", etc. So rather than being able to just relax and play the game how I want to play it (no matter if that happends to be really slow, or really fast), I would be constrained by other players, where other players influence how my experience is.

Sometimes I do play multiplayer or something, but it's rare. And when I do I do so with the knowledge that I probably have to play a different way due to that others normally do not play the way I do.

Remember Mass effect 3, If don't, I'll remind you: Mass effect 3 forced you to play Multiplayer for better/best ending, if you don't play multiplayer, you won't have all endings. Glad they changed it with Extended cut.

Remember Mass effect 3, If don't, I'll remind you: Mass effect 3 forced you to play Multiplayer for better/best ending, if you don't play multiplayer, you won't have all endings. Glad they changed it with Extended cut.

I think I knew that... I probably heard about it shortly after it had been released. But by then I had already played through it, and even if I tend to like to play games in such a way where I get the best ending (I did it for ME1 and ME2 as well)... I did not care enough about it to want to play the multiplayer.

Mass Effect is one of those games where I could not pull my self away from them, it's 3 of the few games I have actually finished in the last 10 or so years. I like them/it so much that as soon as I had finished ME1 I had for the first time in many many years found a game that could rival my top favorit games, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and FFXII... yeah... Final Fantasy totally dominates the top spots on my "best/favorit games" list. A few game series dominates my top X lists, so much so that I had to create a top list where I had to clump together games from the same series into one listing, to give other games a chance to even be in my top 10. Even a game like Falout 1 and 2, which are games I HIGHLY like (since FO1 did for me to PC gaming, what FFVII did for me to console gaming a few years earlier), would have a hard time getting in to my top 10 list if I did not smash the various games into their game series.

So yeah... I strongly shy away from multiplayer, even if I get something better out of the game due to playing MP. I mean I would even stay away from playing multiplayer even if you could get THE best weapons, armour AND equipment in a game if you spent only a few hours playing multiplayer... then I would just rather get the best I could from the regular singleplayer thing, and manage through out the game with that instead.

Playing MP because my friend does, does not compel me to play MP. I mean I like my friends and all, and I might occationally play with them in MP if they ask... but I don't really play pc or console games to "be with my friends"... I play those kinds of games to get to relax by my self, let what ever have been bothering me slip away and almost compleatly dissapear or something... and be ompleatly consumed by what I am playing.

It's like... yeah here is a good analogy. Playing pc/console games for me is like when I read books, it's something I/you do in solitude, something where you just submerge your self in that world your reading about, or playing. Imagin reading a book that your really into, and someone keeps talking to you as your doing it, you would lose a lot of the books due to it. Another analogy. Having people talk to me when I am playing a game, or reading a book, is like driving a car where your passangers have their own break pedal which they stomp on every 5-10 seconds. It would be quite annoying. XD

Speaking of mass effect there next one looks like it might top the next year if not late this year. With the new systems who nows how brilliant the next mass effect will be.

Strong standalone single player experience mandatory, with optional multiplayer online.

I don't want to have to be dependent on my Internet connection being up to play games. To that end, I don't own any games that require a persistent Internet connection.

Strong standalone single player experience mandatory, with optional multiplayer online.

I don't want to have to be dependent on my Internet connection being up to play games. To that end, I don't own any games that require a persistent Internet connection.

Yup, same here.

I'll be that one guy who shows up to vote Multipayer.

I also love PvP, wanna fight about it? No, of course you don't :p

But anyways, not here to start a forum fight (What's the point of shout-typing over the internet?), just wanted to say that I love playing against other humans. Computers are boring and predictable after the first or second go but people can always find new ways to surprise you. I play a lot of MMOs and i'm exhausted of all the PvE themeparks that flood the market. Everyone just wants a chatroom with avatars it seems.

If I do single player, it is strictly for RPGs like the Dragon Age series. I enjoy a good story, and that's what I play them for. Couldn't care much about the combat in those games though because again, they are just scripted AIs. They got a very limited bag of tricks, if they even have a bag at all.

Pvp was the only mutlipayer game online i enjoyed playing really, although runescape when i was younger was the best multiplayer game for me until they made almost all the good area's and stuff members only which eventually i quit the game. Has anyone ever hear of a game called Aveyond?

Top Bottom