Multiple cyberlimbs question

+
Multiple cyberlimbs question

So ... imagine I get an Artificial Shoulder Mount (CP2020) with two extra cyberlimbs.

Then I take four handguns and go to a party ... which penalties I should have?

Should I treat every additional arm as an off-hand?

Does an ambidexterity chip (or neuro bridge) mitigate this?

Maybe a -9 for the main hand (for three additional actions) and -12 for every other off-hand weapon?

So ... imagine I get an Artificial Shoulder Mount (CP2020) with two extra cyberlimbs.

Then I take four handguns and go to a party ... which penalties I should have?

Should I treat every additional arm as an off-hand?

Does an ambidexterity chip (or neuro bridge) mitigate this?

Maybe a -9 for the main hand (for three additional actions) and -12 for every other off-hand weapon?

Mmm.. I vaguely remember something about this. I think it's cumulative penalties...but yes an ambidexterity chip, neuro bridge and what not would reduce that.

You cold also slave the second arms to mimic the primaries.

And as always, regardless of limb used, remember every action after the first is -3, cumulative, whether it's two shots from your main hand or one from your main and one from your second, AS WELL AS offhand penalties.

every action after the first is -3, cumulative, whether it's two shots from your main hand

I usually don't let players shoot more than once with the same weapon ... unless it have a higher rof, then I let them shoot (within RoF limits) without penalty ...

You cold also slave the second arms to mimic the primaries.

Is this in the book? Would the slaved hand shoot without penalty?

I usually don't let players shoot more than once with the same weapon ... unless it have a higher rof, then I let them shoot (within RoF limits) without penalty ...

Yeah..I really vary on this one. Having shot a bit myself, and watched my Grandmaster Pistol Marksman borther in law shoot, I know very well that a competent shooter can indeed put 10 rounds into a target at 50 yds in less than 5 seconds, no problem.

On the other hand, actual combat is scarier, and game balance matters. So I go back and forth. I always use RoF limits for autofire, though. Just semiauto I vary on.

Is this in the book? Would the slaved hand shoot without penalty?

You know, I don't know. About the book location, if any. Maybe not, since I don't immediately remember where.

But, yes, it would shoot without penalty...just keep in mind that -everything- the main had does, the slave copies.

Yeah..I really vary on this one. Having shot a bit myself, and watched my Grandmaster Pistol Marksman borther in law shoot, I know very well that a competent shooter can indeed put 10 rounds into a target at 50 yds in less than 5 seconds, no problem.

You don't know how "american" that sound to me (even if you're not). hehe.

You don't know how "american" that sound to me (even if you're not). hehe.

Oh, I'm not. Canadian. And my brother as well.

Even worse - I used to handload rounds for custom weights. Sooo..yeah. Shooting. Fun.

The other question I get is,

"How -many- cyberlimbs can I add?!"

Followed by a Look.

Oh, I'm not. Canadian. And my brother as well.

Even worse - I used to handload rounds for custom weights. Sooo..yeah. Shooting. Fun.

Sounds fun :)

Haven't used a gun in my live, and I don't know anyone who has (and isn't some old guy that did the compulsory military service).

And aren't you from Spain? Haven't I seen you in comunidadumbria?

Aye, same nick, same avatar.

Playing Cyberpunk games (and D&D4e).

Contrary to Hollywood, and most video games, firing high rate-of-fire (i.e. automatic weapons) accurately is VERY difficult unless it's solidly mounted.
The main advantage full auto fire gives you (at anything other then point blank range) is an increased probability to hit at all with even one round since you're spraying an area with a number of rounds rather then a single point with one.
Multiple hits (again at other then point blank range) may happen but is actually fairly uncommon.

Most players that think of doing in my games decide not to due to having to have every shirt, jacket, coat, whatnot that covers the torso custom made for extra euro, let alone when they add up the HL of having 2 more cyberlimbs optioned out.

Most players that think of doing in my games decide not to due to having to have every shirt, jacket, coat, whatnot that covers the torso custom made for extra euro

To be fair I was thinking more about NPC, it's always important to add colorful characters to the game.

let alone when they add up the HL of having 2 more cyberlimbs optioned out.

I don't use the standard rules for humanity. Usually I don't even use rules for it and let my player's implant whatever they want.

If I find myself wanting to use humanity, then I use something like this:
http://dimusrpg.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/view-humanity-loss-alternate-rules-on.html

Chris Webb had an interesting twist on the Humanity loss: your starting gear is minimum Humanity cost. I liked it. Let you go borg within your budget, but left the risk for later.

Also keep in mind that low Empathy can make for some pretty amusing encounters, too - you aren't stupid or shallow, you're disconnected. A very percepetive person with low Humanity can be pretty evilly clever, where less perceptive or intelligent characters are just funny.

Chris Webb had an interesting twist on the Humanity loss: your starting gear is minimum Humanity cost. I liked it. Let you go borg within your budget, but left the risk for later.

That's actually not a bad idea.
It's reasonable to assume that any cyberwear you start the game with you've had for a while and have already come to terms with humanity-wise.

That's actually not a bad idea.
It's reasonable to assume that any cyberwear you start the game with you've had for a while and have already come to terms with humanity-wise.

Yeah, that was his reasoning. It was sensible, within balance and made getting more cyberware both tempting and dangerous. "If I can just last long enough, I'll be okay..." sweat, sweat..

Great GMing - tempt the players down a path they will wilfully walk and bitterly regret later. Makes for fun stories.

If they allow multiple limbs in 2077, I don't know if I'll get them or not. I've always wanted to try a PC with them, but never had the nerve to just strut out like that.

Guess I'm still in the full-conversion closet...

Also keep in mind that low Empathy can make for some pretty amusing encounters, too - you aren't stupid or shallow, you're disconnected. A very percepetive person with low Humanity can be pretty evilly clever, where less perceptive or intelligent characters are just funny.

All in all it doesn't make much sense ... a chromed gang shouldn't even talk with themselves and they wouldn't even know why they go together anyway.

Or Solos having amazing personalities ... like it's the kind of job attracts beautiful persons :/

Anyway, I find that players act as cyberpsychos the more powerful they get ... and I like cyborgs ala Metal Gear, Appleseed, GitS, etc ...

Last edited:

Kaebus2196

Burst fire for the win. But no, I have yet to fire anything full auto, I've only held the semi-auto version of an M4A1, and though stability is easy enough to maintain for individual rounds, I could imagine it being less so when that force is constantly being applied over and over again. But I suppose that's where stance, strength, and overall experience come in. Speaking of which, I hope we have interchangeable firing modes on weapons in 2077.

Yeah, Cpunk rules are +1 to hit per round fired at Close and Point blank range, -1 per round at other ranges.

So that 10 round burst, given a target number of Average at 15, becomes Very Difficult: 25 if you fire just 10 rounds. Fire the whole RoF of 20 or 30? Tee hee!

So that 10 round burst, given a target number of Average at 15, becomes Very Difficult: 25 if you fire just 10 rounds. Fire the whole RoF of 20 or 30? Tee hee!

Err ...

It's a +1/-1 modifier every ten bullets, not every bullet.

Top Bottom