Multiple cyberlimbs question

+
Err ...

It's a +1/-1 modifier every ten bullets, not every bullet.

Hmm.

Yeah, I like ours better. Although a combo would also be good - first rule and then For Medium and up, use ours.

Full auto is -not- accurate.

Full auto is -not- accurate.

Well unless your players are real good with their weapons, you usually end wasting bullets even with a simple -1 every ten bullets.

By the way, tomorrow I will try to make a quick drawing of the NPC with multiple arms.

Any other suggestion for implants?

I though some nasal filters (I will draw like half gas mask protruding from cheeks) and a bug eye on half his skull. Also 6 arms in total, two "normal", two Russian style for fighting, and two weaponized.

Note: Nope, I'm not good drawing, just passable.

- tempt the players down a path they will wilfully walk and bitterly regret later.

But ... but ... but ... isn't that the whole reason we GM games in the first place rather then being a player?

---------- Updated at 12:56 AM ----------

Err ...

It's a +1/-1 modifier every ten bullets, not every bullet.

Personally I long since came up with house rules for this - applies to unsupported burst and full auto fire.

Point Blank +3, Close +1, Medium -1, Long -3, Extreme -5 to hit per 3 rounds fired; one round hits per 2 points of success.

This really is "spray 'n pray" when someone plays bullet hose. While these rules make it highly improbable you'll actually hit at long and extreme ranges it's not like the character or NPCs know this! No one in their right mind is going to expose themselves to a bullet storm.

I had one player try 4 limbs with 4 pistol crossbows. however with no smartlinking or targeting aide my ruling was -3 for everything after his primary hand and a -1 per extra crossbow and no aimed shots with the lower limbs possible. However by smartlinking and targeting scope with the addition of a custom ambidexterity chip (double cost) he could fire without penalty. Of course he was to cheap to do this and eventually killed himself by using exploding arrows and forgot about blast radius. (Friendly fire can be a RESULT of your actions.)

The problem with multiple arms is you need multiple shoulders for them to attach to and that's going to be an issue. So either you have arms sprouting from your ribcage or atop your normal shoulders restricting vision or behind your normal shoulders in which case they have problems reaching in front of you.

The answer to that is Frame/Body Adjustment Bodysculpt (Chrome 2). 'Course, that's more euro and HL, but, if you're serious, go big. My limit as a ref is 2 extra pair total (max 6 total arms - some like the Spider look). I also let each "pair" get an attack/action, just like the original, with bio/cyberware to mitigate off-hand penalties. It's their euro/sanity .....

The problem with multiple arms is you need multiple shoulders for them to attach to and that's going to be an issue. So either you have arms sprouting from your ribcage or atop your normal shoulders restricting vision or behind your normal shoulders in which case they have problems reaching in front of you.

Which is why the main rulebook has the Artificial Shoulder Mount in it.

Actually thinking more about it I suppose you could have the collarbone split into a "Y" shape and have a pair of shoulder blades that overlap each other, then have a pair of shoulders with one being slightly above and the other slightly below the normal shoulder location.
But I don't see a multiple limbed person having a shoulder in the normal location and others located above/below it (unless they had say 3 per side).

Oh thanks, I don't usually save my sketches ... I don't even use them for my CP2020 blog.

Actually thinking more about it I suppose you could have the collarbone split into a "Y" shape and have a pair of shoulder blades that overlap each other, then have a pair of shoulders with one being slightly above and the other slightly below the normal shoulder location.

My "vision" for them was something like that.

The back arms doesn't have the same reach, but that's why they were simple weapon platforms (probably with double joints). Point and shoot, not maniuplate things. Maybe even the lower ones should be smaller and more precise.

Umm, I could even play with the concept of smaller arms placed on the ribs as small working hands for handy tasks.

(let me do a quick sketch)

Umm ... not sold on it, hehe

Umm ... not sold on it, hehe

Kind of amusing looking...and not unpractical.

I think I like the second idea better,in terms of daily usability, since you could hide them. Whereas the first set, nearly impossible to hide.

Also as someone who has done tech and mechanical work IRL, the torso arms would have been a godsend a few times.

Top Bottom