Multiple gigs broken in southern Badlands

+
Pretty much what the title says. Since 1.2 there's three gigs in the southern Badlands that are utterly broken. Trevor's Last Ride is glitched at the last moment because the game won't let me identify the body in the tub so I can't do anything with it. Two other gigs (both SOS: Merc Needed, one in Biotechnica Flats and the other nears Tango Tors Motel) simply won't trigger. This is in addition to the terrain texture pop in issue I've mentioned previously. Frankly the performance of the game has utterly tanked since the latest patches for me personally. Starting to get really aggravated.

Hi Brendan, I had the exact same problems you have been having like the terrain glitch, and the EXACT same gigs not working. I searched and searched and no one had the problems I was having.. until I found your post.

I was obsessed with finding a fix and finally I found something that made the problems go away.

I don't know what it was honestly.. I remember everything I did so I'll post them below.

-First I went into my directory and deleted EVERYTHING except for the game launcher.

-After that I went into my bin and deleted everything from my bin, etc.

-I then updated my Chipset LPC Controller ( No idea if this is even needed ) and used the windows updater (NOTE I DID NOT DOWNLOAD VERSION 21H1)

-I restarted my computer then verified the integrity of my files through steam.

Of course there was stuff missing I deleted them and emptied my bin.. I let it find and re download the stuff i was missing, then loaded up the game not expecting much.

I was shocked when i scanned trevors body and johnny popped up, I then got the prompt to carry his body to the car... YAY.

i then tried the gig SOS: merc needed and got the phone call... I haven't tried the others but so far I am shocked it's working.

I hope this works for you as well.. you were the only one with the same issues as me.

EDIT: terrain texture bug is fixed! its not my graphics card whew !

Last edited:
November 2021, 1.31 and this bug is still present.

Multiple Gigs in southern Badland don't have phone calls, and Trevor body scan don't work.
The texture of the Badlands pop anywhere and let you ride beneath the sand --"

Splendid, do you try to fix it or will you even make the game work for 2050 ?
Thanks Cd Red Bugged, even after one year you didn't change.

Yeah I had this exact same issue and what fixed it for me was :

Go to game directory and deleted the "bin" and "engine" folders.

Then I verified the integrity of my files through steam.

The quests in south badlands started to work after that. The only thing is that some of my mods broke.

Top Bottom